Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #16
setheddy
Regular User

I find it hard to beleive that formula one is fixed, but there are some very interesting things that happen in the races. With all the money, and people involved some of the mistakes are really hard to belive.
setheddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #17
Spiffu
Regular User

FIA - Ferrari International Assistance didn't help Masa with road side convenience this last race.

Past four races have been crappy for Ferrari and Raikkonen has been just plain bad.

It's an 06 dammit!
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:49 AM   #18
comfychair
Regular User

Yes, it's all fake. During all the races Bernie has a multifunction remote hidden in his pocket, it has a big red button and two dials on it (one selects which driver, the other selects they type of event - puncture, total or partial hydraulic failure, con rod and piston exiting thru the head, etc.). There are hidden explosive charges placed in strategic locations throughout all the cars to initiate the desired failure. You have uncovered their clever ruse and now you are a marked man, they will follow you to the ends of the earth to keep their secret. Ho noes!

edit: and if you believe that, here's a site that might interest you: http://www.theflatearthsociety.net/
comfychair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #19
Mattk
Regular User

^Reminds me of the film Rollerball, which despite the low critical (and everyone else's) opinion of it, I quite liked.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #20
kestrel
Regular User

no its not fixed its just who ever has the most money nornaly wins thats why now there trying to make it a drivers race and do away with some of the upgrades like this an-ti stall and the traction control its about time it was down too the drivers and not the ones with the most cash i remember over the years it has allways been one manufacture thats won like renault and bmw all had there hay days if you check out some of the enterants down the grid they using the previous years motors of the ones up the grid as there is still not enough money to make 22 drivers have 11 motor manufactures make f1 motors
even if you has 22 ferraris in one race you would still get the same results
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #21
comfychair
Regular User

All the cars now sound the same (too bad the McLaren finally lost that shrieking intake noise), and the orgy of stick-on aero bits is beginning to make me angry. And those stupid wheel covers with the fake spokes painted on make me want to throw things at the screen.

I say mandate relatively small slick spec tires, steel brakes, one front and one rear wing, a minimum weight limit, and other than that, anything goes. I want to see what kind of crazy sh** they would come up with on those kinds of budgets. 25,000rpm V8 vs turbo V10 vs some crazy AWD thing with a boxer 4 in front and a V6 in back...
comfychair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #22
Spiffu
Regular User

I say mandate relatively small slick spec tires, steel brakes, one front and one rear wing, a minimum weight limit, and other than that, anything goes. I want to see what kind of crazy sh** they would come up with on those kinds of budgets. 25,000rpm V8 vs turbo V10 vs some crazy AWD thing with a boxer 4 in front and a V6 in back...
Sounds like a modern day incarnation of Can-am, (which I would love to see) but not so much F1. Formula 1 is called a Formula for a reason, having multiple formulas in a race sorta kills that.

It's an 06 dammit!
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote