Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #16
RC45
Regular User

You need to tune your cars to match the wheel now.

The Windows drivers should let you take care of your DFP rotation setting.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #17
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Couldn't find windows drivers for the DFP on the Logitech site. Only mentioned software for the G25. I was surprised that there was no CD that came with the wheel. I plugged it into my PC and it automatically calibrated the wheel and that was it.

I have most of my cars, especially MR cars, tuned for lift off over steer.. it is absolutely impossible to keep these cars on the track with the wheel.

So there really isn't any difference between the G25 and DFP other than some fancy leather, flappy paddles and 6 speed shifter?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Big difference between the DFP and G25, but the G25 driver is backwards compatible.

The WIdows Driver Software should show the actual wheel in the calibraiton utiltiy - as in when you plug in the DFP or Momo or G25 the actual graphics and options available for tuning will change.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Ok, I was just wondering if the G25 wheel actually rotated quicker as the result of better electric motors inside.

I'll have to install that software for the wheel when I get home and fire up GTL.

Thanks
Old 04-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

What do you mean by rotating quicker?

On opposite lock?

You are the one turning the wheel, if the games FF engine is programed properly then when you opposite lock there is no spring/motor load on turning the wheel in the opposite direction.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #21
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I haven't configured the wheel correctly on the PC yet, but on the PS2 in GT4 it seems like the wheel is terribly slow, the motor slows down the wheel as I try to counter steer.

I'm assuming this is something that has to do with GT4..

But on to GT Legends, when I first installed the game (before I had the wheel) I remember it prompting me to configure a wheel, but I skipped that step as I didnt have a wheel to configure.

Now that I have the wheel plugged in I can't seem to pull up that screen again.

Does the G25 have a better [motor/spring] feel than the DFP? I'm eager to see what the "better" wheel offers, as well as the 6 speed with clutch pedal.