Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #16
turpija
Regular User

Hamilton is disqualified and Trulli got 3rd place back, so final resoults are:
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2009/805/
turpija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #17
Thanh-BKK
Regular User

So.

We are at it again. FIA = Ferrari International Assistance. The reds get no points so the main competitor is quickly disqualified to level the playing field.

Congratulations, FIA.

Took them only four days to come to their "decision". Wait, just how long does a telegraphic transfer from Italy to UK take..??

Now let's see. Get Brawn GP disqualified for "illegal diffusers" and maybe a few more penalties and you can get Ferrari a point or two.

Slowly but surely i am losing interest in F1.

Regards

Thanh
Thanh-BKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #18
SHIZL
Regular User

i guess the video showing trulli spinning off course was misleading to the fia how idk they really need to get their shit together i understand that between all the nazi orgies they are bothered with these races that they make hundreds of millions of pounds if not billions. the fia could spend some money on technology and figure what the fu$k there jobs and just maybe figure out the results that same day if not at the same time i mean come the fu*k on fia get ur shit together or get the fu#k out of racing
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #19
Mattk
Regular User

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9115.html

Seems like a pretty straightforward decision here. McLaren deliberately misled the stewards as to the nature of the incident, claiming that Trulli had just roared past without warning. This meant that Trulli got penalised. In fact, Hamilton had been instructed to, and indeed, voluntarily gave up the place back to Trulli, in which case no penalty should have been imposed on Trulli. Lying to the stewards is just not on. It should not happen and Hamilton and McLaren deserve this.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #20
SHIZL
Regular User

we as fans do not deserve this and there not allowing the racing to being done on the track now whether or not any driver/team deserves any penalty should be figured out b4 the drivers are allowed on the podium not 4 days later.
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:40 AM   #21
Mattk
Regular User

^I agree partially. This whole situation could have been awarded if no intervention had occured over the incident and Trulli and Hamilton went off on their merry ways after earning well-deserved third and fourth positions. However, that didn't happen. What did happen was Hamilton and McLaren lied when the stewards started sniffing around, so they had it coming. Sure, the stewards started it, but who lied?
Old 04-04-2009, 04:06 AM   #22
mts6800
Regular User

Originally Posted by Thanh-BKK View Post
So.

We are at it again. FIA = Ferrari International Assistance. The reds get no points so the main competitor is quickly disqualified to level the playing field.

Congratulations, FIA.
Thanks to Mattk for this news:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0403-9poa.html

Seems to me the FIA is just keeping the sport more honest.
mts6800 is offline   Reply With Quote