Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Japanese Cars

Japanese Cars Japanese car discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
fordgt84
Regular User

Default Lexus LF-A may cost upto $225,000

SANTA MONICA, California — After three auto show appearances and the occasional spy photo and video from Germany's high-speed Nürburgring test circuit, it's no secret that the Lexus LF-A supercar concept is headed for production. With an estimated 500 horsepower coming from the LF-A's 5.0-liter V10, we didn't expect the Lexus to come cheap, but Inside Line has learned that the car will carry a price tag over $200,000.

Ben Mitchell, corporate product planning manager for Lexus, confirmed that the price of the carbon-fiber supercar will begin with a two. And another Lexus source in Japan told Inside Line the price may be as high as $225,000.

Shown in both coupe and roadster forms, the LF-A will first launch as a coupe. Roadster versions will be priced even higher. Both body styles are approximately 2 inches shorter and an inch narrower than the 483-hp Ferrari F430, with a similarly sized wheelbase. A 2007 Ferrari F430 Spider costs $211,525.

Although final specifications have not yet been released, Lexus says the LF-A will reach a top speed over 200 mph.

What this means to you: Lexus is gunning for the Italians with the LF-A, and it's not going to cut any corners in its quest to deliver a legitimate supercar. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor
source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*

wow i wasn't expecting it to cost more than the lamborghini lp 560-4
although i have no doubt that lexus will find buyers for everyone they produce even at that price.... i hope this isn't a sign that the japan car industry has had enough with providing high performance vehicles for cheap(ish)
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote