Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-21-2004, 12:04 PM   #1
5vz-fe
Regular User

Default Coulthard and his BIG talk

From planetf1.com

He told The Mail on Sunday: "I have the highest respect for Jenson Button, whom I regard as a friend, but I believe if I'd been driving his car this season I would have won a grand prix or two."

"It's just down to experience. Jenson will win many races in due course, but right now I know how to win and hope I'll get the chance to prove it with BAR next season. If I do, there's no reason why I can't challenge for the title."

I think he is just plain stupid and asking for more bashing of him. Every one precieve Jenson as savior of BAR and he's saying he could do better? Umm...look at himself, clearly the Mclaren has won a race this year, therefore the car is capable. Where is he now? Constantly behind Kimi. I guess he picked up a thing or 2 from Ron, but as usual, nothing good.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #2
mindgam3
Regular User

hmmm being a bit too cocky there. Jenson's had a fair few 2nd's and 3rd's and (i dont think) Coulthard's had any. Towards the end of the season, the McLaren has been the better car and david hasn't done much with it, unlike kimi. When ferrari were really pushing and developing the car, thats when jensen was getting his 2nd's and 3rd's.

Kinda ignorant, but if he can make something of the BAR next year, then good luck to him, i hope he is challengeing for the title this time next year
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 01:38 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

HA! DC has been slow this year, no buts about it. It's not fair to blame the car since Kimi has shown it is extremely competitive. Last year when there were three drivers breathing down Schumi's neck, Kimi was the only McLaren driver and Ralf and JPM were not far behind. I think DC is taking the route of Ron Dennis here and trying to shift the blame for his poor performances. I highly doubt that he could have done anything better with BAR had he been in Button's spot. Sato's maybe, but not Button. I really wouldn't miss him at all if he left F1. Yeah he's finished more races then KR but that's because he was being too conservative with his engine. Maybe that's Ron's fault for making him play second fiddle to Mika a few years back though. Whatever the case, DC hasn't shown that he can back up that statement at all.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

BAR deserve better, to be honest, I was hoping Trulli gets Jenson's seat if he were to leave, but that's too late now, he's going to Toyota.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:21 PM   #5
komotar
Regular User

Well, at least he's cocky, usually he's just dull...

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:23 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i think it's just a little too far out of his character to be this cocky though.

Old 09-21-2004, 04:50 PM   #7
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
i think it's just a little too far out of his character to be this cocky though.
Yes, it's totaly the opposite, of what you would normally hear from him.
F1 is soo boring , so I'm happy to see or hear anything out of the oirdinary.

Old 09-21-2004, 04:52 PM   #8
ZfrkS62
Regular User

you think F1 is boring? try watching an entire NASCAR race.

Old 09-21-2004, 05:00 PM   #9
komotar
Regular User

LOL!

Well, if you pretend that Schumacher isn't there, it is quite interesting...

Who's your favourite nascar driver?

Rusty wallace here. Don't know why...

Old 09-21-2004, 05:17 PM   #10
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I've kind of become a Kasey Khane fan. one of my friends back home in washington knows Kasey's aunt, so through listening to all the ranting and raving about what he was doing, i've kind of started rooting for him. The fact that he is from washington has nothing to do with it either

and as for your comment about not watching Schumi...i usually just pretend he's already won. I like watching the battles that go on behind him..although Monza was pretty hard to ignore his presence those first few laps watching montoya set up webber 3 turns in advance at Hungary was awesome..or was that Belgium? Either way, it showed that behind his kamikaze impulses, there lies a strategist

Old 09-21-2004, 09:30 PM   #11
chipanggo
Regular User

hahaha. very funny dc.

he's just trying to impress the BAR bigwigs with his talk so they might consider him for a drive next season.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:38 PM   #12
he7lius
Regular User

How many times has DC said he could win the championship??
How many times has he won it??

Self explanatory.
he7lius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:30 PM   #13
sameerrao
Regular User

Default Re: Coulthard and his BIG talk

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
From planetf1.com

He told The Mail on Sunday: "I have the highest respect for Jenson Button, whom I regard as a friend, but I believe if I'd been driving his car this season I would have won a grand prix or two."

"It's just down to experience. Jenson will win many races in due course, but right now I know how to win and hope I'll get the chance to prove it with BAR next season. If I do, there's no reason why I can't challenge for the title."

I think he is just plain stupid and asking for more bashing of him. Every one precieve Jenson as savior of BAR and he's saying he could do better? Umm...look at himself, clearly the Mclaren has won a race this year, therefore the car is capable. Where is he now? Constantly behind Kimi. I guess he picked up a thing or 2 from Ron, but as usual, nothing good.
Absolutely agree with you 100%. If he had in him to win championships he would have done it by now. He had the best of cars and he didnt do it...

What does one get when one gets DC:
- guaranteed mid pack qualifying (unless perhaps the rules are changed drastically)
- in the race ... fight back from tenth starting position to maybe 6th at best

He is a woulda coulda shoulda guy who will be a decent but not exceptional second driver

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:37 PM   #14
ZfrkS62
Regular User

He is a woulda coulda shoulda guy who will be a decent but not exceptional second driver
In that case, maybe Rubens would like DC to be his "teammate" after Schumi retires.

Old 09-22-2004, 02:54 AM   #15
5vz-fe
Regular User

DC goes to BAR = RICE!!!!