Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Default And the award for best comedian goes to....

... RALF SCHUMACHER!!!

Ralf Schumacher has labelled himself one of the top three drivers in Formula One.

Ralf also claims it "is only a question of time" before his Toyota team become world champions.

That will not be this season as the 31-year-old German conceded earlier this week Toyota "are going to have a difficult year".

But Ralf has no doubts about his own talent as he told the German Bild newspaper: "I definitely count myself among the three strongest drivers in the world.

"Certainly (Fernando) Alonso and (Kimi) Raikkonen are fast, but I don't have any reason to hide behind anyone.

"If I weren't convinced of my abilities, I wouldn't be in Formula One."

Ralf also insists "Toyota is the team of the future".

He added: "The company and everyone working for it has one goal - to lead Toyota to the top.

"The Formula One title is only a question of time."

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...972357,00.html

What a cocklord
Old 03-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
Ghostbat
Regular User

At least he has a great sense of humor.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

fahk :roflmao:

Toyota continues to prove they are a mid to rear pack team anyway. They only qualified 2 of 7 cars in the NASCAR race at Vegas this weekend and one of them met the wall early in the race

I don't see Toyota doing anything worth writing home about in the near future.

Michael must still be laughing his ass off.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
TopGearNL
Regular User

LMAO!

This is so hilarious! All not-true!

Spyker is laughing their ass off having Mike Gascoyne and Ferrari engines this season!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #5
Mattk
Regular User

Hmm, he's taking positive thinking to all-new highs. What he calls optimism is what others will call delusion. Toyota are an OK team, but they are probably not the team of the near future. They spend all this money, but nothing is working.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:55 AM   #6
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by James May
LMAO!!

They've been claiming so since they entered F1 some years ago, and so far - only a podium if I'm not wrong :roll:

As for Ralf being one of the top3 drivers in the world....
Exactly. . . I remember they were saying within 3 years time they would be competing for the Championship when they first joined up.

Yeah, maybe another 10 years or so. Gotta give them credit for their presistence .

And with Ralf, maybe top 10. Definitely not top 3. Kimi, Massa, and Alonso are definitely Top 3 right now. Newcomers Rosberg and Kubica are probably faster than him.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
TopGearNL
Regular User

^Only thing in which we can recgonise Schumi in him
Old 03-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
TopGearNL
Regular User

^^ Ok and that too!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #9
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

What is so mindboggingly confusing for me is that Toyota is about to become the world's largest auto-maker, making more money than they know how to spend, yet they still aren't able to compete for wins! You'd think that with the resource base Toyota has, they would be conquering F1...

WHAT IS GOING ON!!????
Old 03-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #10
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
What is so mindboggingly confusing for me is that Toyota is about to become the world's largest auto-maker, making more money than they know how to spend, yet they still aren't able to compete for wins! You'd think that with the resource base Toyota has, they would be conquering F1...

WHAT IS GOING ON!!????
I don't think it is just about money, but having the right persons and the experience. Winning teams are much older and have much more experience.
Yup. . . it is a TEAM sport. Gotta have a good director, gotta have a good team principle, gotta have a good driver, gotta have a good mechanics, gotta have a good team-mate, gotta have a good factory, etc, etc, the list goes on.

And with all those "goods" you only compete. You have to be "excellent" to win.

And you still gotta be "lucky".
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #11
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v

WHAT IS GOING ON!!????
I don't think it is just about money, but having the right persons and the experience. Winning teams are much older and have much more experience.
Yup. . . it is a TEAM sport. Gotta have a good director, gotta have a good team principle, gotta have a good driver, gotta have a good mechanics, gotta have a good team-mate, gotta have a good factory, etc, etc, the list goes on.

Toyota has Mike Gascoyne, former Benetton and Jordan technical director... when Hill and Frentzen won some races with the yellow cars. The team is based on the TTE, team that used to run the winning Toyotas in the WRC. Drivers are not top - but good enough to be regularly on the points, and score a podium every now and then.
Yes, of course the quality of the personnel within the team determines success. But my point is, with all the money Toyota has, they should easily be able to poach the best in the business... :roll:
Old 03-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #12
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v

WHAT IS GOING ON!!????

Toyota has Mike Gascoyne, former Benetton and Jordan technical director... when Hill and Frentzen won some races with the yellow cars. The team is based on the TTE, team that used to run the winning Toyotas in the WRC. Drivers are not top - but good enough to be regularly on the points, and score a podium every now and then.
Yes, of course the quality of the personnel within the team determines success. But my point is, with all the money Toyota has, they should easily be able to poach the best in the business... :roll:
Maybe the best in business are not that much interested about money? If you make enough money and the work team is vrey good, why bother leaving?
Though I'd tend to agree with you, Adrian Newey's move to Red Bull throws that idea out the window...

And just to push this further, just look at Beckham's departure from Real Madrid to some chickenshit FC in CALIFORNIA... :roll: You'd think people that are already rich beyond belief wouldn't let money go in the way of future career prospects.