Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-28-2003, 12:42 PM   #61
1zippo1
Regular User

If I were you I would call them, say you're interested in the car but not really sure if it is a big improvement over the Diablo. And if you're lucky they guy will just say: oh well we could arrange a test drive for you...

No matter in wich way you look at it, this can't be a bad thing. If it turns out to be less then you expected well at least you know. But somehow I don't think you'll be dissapointed

EDIT: damn some nice cars: Vanquish, 575, 360Spider, 911GT2 and even a GT2...
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #62
Jabba
Regular User

They actually tend to call me up and try and tempt me over....or would even bring it over to my office....but I dont think it would be fair unless my mind was 100 % made up....its just the way I do things...I am never sold anything...I like to buy cars that I have decided are exactly what I want....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:59 PM   #63
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
They actually tend to call me up and try and tempt me over....or would even bring it over to my office....but I dont think it would be fair unless my mind was 100 % made up....its just the way I do things...I am never sold anything...I like to buy cars that I have decided are exactly what I want....
And the problem is that the 355 & the Diablo are exaclty what you want, aren't they
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:00 PM   #64
stradale
Regular User

But can you be sure about a car if you haven't driven it yet? That has to be the decisive factor, right?

I have an idea as well. What about a more radical Diablo than your current roadster? Something like a GT or SE30. The latest offerings from Sant' Agata don't seem to tempt you and you'd want an improvement on the Diablo. So why not have a different Diablo?

Or you could buy a racing car and take it to track days.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:06 PM   #65
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
And the problem is that the 355 & the Diablo are exaclty what you want, aren't they
You are very clever Zippo...and I think you could well be right....
Old 10-28-2003, 01:14 PM   #66
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
But can you be sure about a car if you haven't driven it yet? That has to be the decisive factor, right?
You may be shocked to learn that I have NEVER test driven a car in my life....I believe you either want it or you dent...and it often takes many miles of use on roads your are familiar with to appreciate how good the car is anyway...that you would never find out on a 30 minute test drive...my usual method is to get the salesman to put it through its paces with me as the terrified passenger.....

I turned down JK's actual SE30 (and it was 20K cheaper) as all SE30's are getting a little bit old now....and all GT's are LHD of course....
Old 10-28-2003, 01:20 PM   #67
stradale
Regular User

You may be shocked to learn that I have NEVER test driven a car in my life....I believe you either want it or you dent...and it often takes many miles of use on roads your are familiar with to appreciate how good the car is anyway...that you would never find out on a 30 minute test drive...my usual method is to get the salesman to put it through its paces with me as the terrified passenger.....

I turned down JK's actual SE30 (and it was 20K cheaper) as all SE30's are getting a little bit old now....and all GT's are LHD of course....
You have a point about test drives. But you do get a glimpse about the car's character, as to being more involving (if possible) than the Diablo and F355.

Damn! Why the hell do you english deprive yourselves of some of the greatest cars by stubbornly driving on the wrong side of the road?
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:24 PM   #68
gis
Regular User

the faster english drivers dont necesarily drive on the right side,the faster ones are overtaking all the time so we are usually on the other side anyway

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:27 PM   #69
Jabba
Regular User

Damn! Why the hell do you english deprive yourselves of some of the greatest cars by stubbornly driving on the wrong side of the road?
Tell me about it...and I always have to pay shit loads more for the right hand drive version...which is never quite as good as the left hand drive version that is intended to be that way....
Old 10-28-2003, 01:33 PM   #70
stradale
Regular User

Maybe the EU can fix that for you... Or have I said a bad word just now? LOL
Old 10-28-2003, 01:37 PM   #71
stradale
Regular User

Tell me about it...and I always have to pay shit loads more for the right hand drive version...which is never quite as good as the left hand drive version that is intended to be that way....
Is there really a difference in the way the car handles as opposed to the LHD version?

BTW, an F50 doesn't seem a bad idea to me. It's bound to be a different drive than the Diablo with its suspension. And I haven't talked about the engine yet :shock:

I'll try and post everything I want to say in one post next time, sorry.
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:43 PM   #72
Jabba
Regular User

Things like the throttle cable were very poor on my 355 GTS (it was very sticky) that they hadnt got quite right in the conversion from LHD to RHD....
Old 10-29-2003, 01:10 AM   #73
novass
Regular User

on a side note, i just drove my first RHD car. it was a 180sx (owned by Billyjuan). i didnt have too many problems gettin used to it. everything was the same except for the steering wheel being on the right side. but 1st gear was in the same spot as were the pedals, not sure if its the same in all RHDs. ive been in the LHD version, but ive never driven one so i cant really compare the 2 cars in that sense.

i only drove it for a few minutes tho and only on side streets so i dont know how comfortable i would be on freeways etc. it was the first time Billyjuan drove a RHD drive and he seemed to be ok on the freeway, at first he drove a little too close to the left line in the road, but he quickly figured it out. of course, i dont know what it feels like to drive on opposite sides of the road tho.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:47 PM   #74
PATo355
Regular User

Driving RHD cars must be pretty difficult for us that are used to LHD , hey jabba , you talk about having problems with a LHD to RHD conversion .

So you bought your cars LHD ? i thought that they were developed equally to LHD and RHD , considering that UK is a big market for exotics , they might be the same .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:49 AM   #75
Jabba
Regular User

No they are all RHD drive models...I am sure paying for a LHD to be converted to RHD would be more expensive than buying the real thing anyway...

Obvisouly they dont consider the RHD drive to be big enough....as there are no RHD F40, F50, Enzo, CGT