Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-28-2003, 08:01 AM   #46
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Yeh...funny I have kinda gone off the Gallarado now....
About the Gallardo, he hasn't said one time it was a bad car or that the engine wasn't good. He only had two comments: you can't really feel what's going on and how much grip you've got left (a serieus downer I'm afraid) and first gear is good for about 70 miles an hour => if you want to go as fast as possible you regularly have to switch back to first gear. But still, I would have expected it to be better frankly ... pitty really because lookswise it's amazing.

Jabba, may I ask what your considering as a new car... And is it going to replace the 355 or the Diablo or are you just getting another car. Are you looking for a car you drive every day (BMW M3-Audi S4-Alfa 156GTA-...) or another reall sports coupé?

I know you're not really a fan of Porsche's so I won't suggest any of those (but a GT3 is a dream for me). For a nice sports coupé you could consider a TVR Tuscan or T350C maybe... a Noble M12 is probably the fastest car you can get price/performance wise. But all of those are relitivly understated in the market. They don't have the reputation of Ferrari or Lamborghini. I know you're no fan of the 360 otherwise a 360 spider or even the Challange Stradalé could be a blast & IMO they look gorgeous.

Sorry for my curiousity but I think the problem is that I want to be in your space... just the thought of being able to buy one of these cars... makes me drool
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:07 AM   #47
TT
Regular User

can't really feel what's going on and how much grip you've got left (a serieus downer I'm afraid)
That's the point.. if it was a Cadillac for long travels ok... but it's a sport car, a supercar.. and that single downside is terrible IMO.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:39 AM   #48
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
can't really feel what's going on and how much grip you've got left (a serieus downer I'm afraid)
That's the point.. if it was a Cadillac for long travels ok... but it's a sport car, a supercar.. and that single downside is terrible IMO.
Indeed, reall pitty...
Old 10-28-2003, 08:48 AM   #49
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
Yeh...funny I have kinda gone off the Gallarado now....
About the Gallardo, he hasn't said one time it was a bad car or that the engine wasn't good. He only had two comments: you can't really feel what's going on and how much grip you've got left (a serieus downer I'm afraid) and first gear is good for about 70 miles an hour => if you want to go as fast as possible you regularly have to switch back to first gear. But still, I would have expected it to be better frankly ... pitty really because lookswise it's amazing.

Jabba, may I ask what your considering as a new car... And is it going to replace the 355 or the Diablo or are you just getting another car. Are you looking for a car you drive every day (BMW M3-Audi S4-Alfa 156GTA-...) or another reall sports coupé?

I know you're not really a fan of Porsche's so I won't suggest any of those (but a GT3 is a dream for me). For a nice sports coupé you could consider a TVR Tuscan or T350C maybe... a Noble M12 is probably the fastest car you can get price/performance wise. But all of those are relitivly understated in the market. They don't have the reputation of Ferrari or Lamborghini. I know you're no fan of the 360 otherwise a 360 spider or even the Challange Stradalé could be a blast & IMO they look gorgeous.

Sorry for my curiousity but I think the problem is that I want to be in your space... just the thought of being able to buy one of these cars... makes me drool

It comes into two catergories I can either easily improve my daily driver to an M3 or R34 and get extra daily pleasure driving it...(although both are great cars they are not going to give you the buzz of a true supercar...hence a perfect daily driver)

OR

Go for another "Sunday Morning" type car that is going to be a great deal more expensive that will join the Diablo and F355...obviously it would have to be considered much better and offer something "extra special" than those two cars to make it worth buying and the extra cost....and also that I wouldn't drive it very often....an F50 with its de-tuned F1 engine sounds like just the car for the job..... 8)

I cant see a TVR fitting in anywhere to be honest...I would say they are seen in the same catergory as Lotus here....great cars for the money...but a defiante step down from Ferrari and Lamborghini and not really a suitable daily driver either....I cant see the day I would choose to drive a TVR over my other cars...as for the Stradale....interesting...but not the increase in performance over my exsisting cars to warrant a purchase...nope I think the next car...has to be in the next league up....

The point I am trying to make is like going from a Pentium 4 2.2 to a 2.3 isnt really worth the extra cost...but if you were going to go from a Pentium 2.2 to a 3.1 then although it would be more expensive at least you should notice the extra power from it...
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:55 AM   #50
TT
Regular User

Jabba, you know you make us drooool like fools when you begin speaking like that!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:59 AM   #51
Jabba
Regular User

I am drooling as well !!!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:28 AM   #52
gis
Regular User

i increased from a pentium 1.3 to a pentuim 4 2.6.......................but weres my F50

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 09:39 AM   #53
Jabba
Regular User

Your F50 is in your computer case...but a 2.6 is more like a stradale
Old 10-28-2003, 10:37 AM   #54
gis
Regular User

hmmm id be happy with a stradale

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:24 AM   #55
1zippo1
Regular User

I understand your point jabba...

I just didn't know what you were looking for. It could be that you wanted something else and sell the 355 or Diablo. But it's hard finding any better without going to a higher price level and I'm afraid that's going to be a very high level

There are cars that are priced a little higher like the Vanquish but none of those offer better performance then your Diablo VT... The only thing I can think of is the Pagani or the Porsche CGT, but that's around 250.000-300.000 pounds... I might be forgetting something however but that's one of the only way you can get something remarcably faster then the Diablo.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:34 AM   #56
TT
Regular User

Well, not that a nice F50 would really be that slower than the Diablo
Old 10-28-2003, 11:45 AM   #57
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
the only thing I can think of is the Pagani or the Porsche CGT, but that's around 250.000-300.000 pounds... I might be forgetting something however but that's one of the only way you can get something remarcably faster then the Diablo.
The other factor is that the CGT and F50 are both left hand drive ony...and therefore would spoil the fun somewhat in the UK....(especially overtaking)....the Pagani is available in RHD but I am not sure if it would deliver an extra £300,000 worth of fun over the Diablo....damn buying cars used to be much easier a few years ago...
Old 10-28-2003, 11:54 AM   #58
TT
Regular User

HAHAH, we're in the supercar years and that's not that bad afterall especially for us not into buying one
Old 10-28-2003, 12:13 PM   #59
1zippo1
Regular User

The other factor is that the CGT and F50 are both left hand drive ony...and therefore would spoil the fun somewhat in the UK....(especially overtaking)....the Pagani is available in RHD but I am not sure if it would deliver an extra £300,000 worth of fun over the Diablo....damn buying cars used to be much easier a few years ago...
Aha, I didn't know that. I usually don't pay any attention to that. And if you're not sure well I would just ask for a test drive. I know with a Pagani that isn't going to be so easy but what you go to a dealer with your Diablo... they can hardly refuse

And as I said, going upwards from a Diablo is very hard and especially very expensive
Old 10-28-2003, 12:19 PM   #60
Jabba
Regular User

There is a Pagani RHD available to buy here but sadly no price or picture (might be one soon though)...and yes they know the "Jabba"

www.tomhartley.co.uk