Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-22-2007, 03:29 AM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r
How about an Audi R8?
I recall the R8 going to cost over $100,000 when all is said and done. Performance wise we will see when the R8's get to Houston.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #2
TNT
Regular User

well for two doors i would choose a, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. year round fun.

and for four door i would choose, Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG

I know there are faster more powerful cars out there but to DD these cars and to put my family and gas in them, this would be a good garage IMO.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
sameerrao
Regular User

Best New sports car buy assuming most, if not all, criteria listed in post #1 are met - I am going to ignore the luggage criteria so forgive me this transgression - you can buy a $5,000 used Camry along with the sportscar to handle the mundane activities:

Under $20K: Mazda Miata base - great handling, good car to track with
Under $30K: Base Evo or WRX STi - fantastic price/$
Under $50K: Corvette coupe
Under $100K: C6 Z06 for the performance fiends and 997 C4S for the all-weather all performance
Under $200K: F430 - if you can find one at this price
Price no limit: Pagani Zonda F

Anticipating the future thread of best used car buy:
Under $20K: E30 M3 or E36 M3
Under $30K: Corvette Z06 for the speed crazy or for those who would like to experience classic cars: Late 80s Porsche 911 Carrera or 930 turbo if you can manage it - wont be that fast but they are true driver's cars
Under $50K: Corvette Z06 for the same reason as above .. or .. Ferrari 348/Porsche 993 Carrera if owning a car from these two marques is a childhood dream
Under $100K: Porsche GT3 for track work; Prosche 911 turbo for the road; Ferrari 355 for the sound/involvement. Can get a very early Modena but might be dicey purchase
Under $200K: Challenge Stradale - Ferrari's greatest car in 20 years
Price no limit: 1. Ferrari 288 GTO - my all time favorite 2. Mclaren F1 assuming you have your own private circuit - Mas Du Clos for instance 3. F40.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Neema702
the answer has to be either the 05' 911 Turbo or a 07' 911 Turbo, or at least for me, i def. plan on having a car at this level before 35, or else what am i working so hard for
Hmmm.. this car cracks the $100,000 barrier... take it back to the Porsche dealer and get a GT3... try not leave with a Cayman or a C2 or C4.. they are just too slow by comparison
Well the only car in the 50k faster than those porks is the Corvette ... since you are using it everyday you would not need that 0 to 60mph performance to much , but you will be sitted some hours a day inside the car , and i dont want a plastic cracking interior , thats why i think the porks are better , a c2 or a cayman ... if i want trackday performance , an exige or a z06 would be my option ... it looks so damn good in the flesh .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #5
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Apparently, there's a chip mod that allows the Vette to do 30mpg without sacrificing the power.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
subhir
Regular User

I would have to say that I would wait a little while for the new '08 Viper and the '08 Corvette SS (or travel into the future and find out which one is better) before deciding. But it would be one of them assuming they are under $ 100K.
subhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by PATo355
but you will be sitted some hours a day inside the car , and i dont want a plastic cracking interior
Is that it? youguys seriously believe the interior is plastic and it will crack, peel and be all wore out in no time?

Is that seriously what you guys have been convinced is the truth?

Wow - there has been some seriously bad publicity spread about the modern US car then.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
PATo355
Regular User

but you will be sitted some hours a day inside the car , and i dont want a plastic cracking interior
Is that it? youguys seriously believe the interior is plastic and it will crack, peel and be all wore out in no time?

Wow - there has been some seriously bad publicity spread about the modern US car then.
Dont know ... its the reputation around ... ive been in a C5 and C6 Corvette ( not many around here ) and they dont look different from a lets say Impala or a Chevy truck ( my dad had several S.10 ) , which after some years they seem to wear very fast , and the quality of plastics its not on a par with the germans ... For looks i should say the C6 looks superb , and for the price nothing is faster .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #9
TNT
Regular User

ok lock this thread now, its just going to be another z06 vs the world. :roll:
Old 01-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #10
79TA
Regular User

hello everybody,

While it should be apparent the the Z06 would fit the bill very well, I'd opt for something a bit different. A Cobra replica, such as the ones made by Factory Five would be a great car. First off, it weighs about 2,200 pounds and is built on a full-on race chassis. As for the drivetrain, the buyer/builder would have a wide range of options. One could drop in a proven modern engine (new Ford 302, built LS1, LS7) that would put down great power while exhibiting civilized road manners (good idle, normal vacumm etc etc).

The Cobra replica would be a 0-60 bandit and a handling beast (all Factory Five models pull over 1.00 G's on the skid pad). With a proven drivetrain components the car would cruise well on the freeway too. 120,000 miles would be no problem at all.

On the downside of things, the beautiful AC-designed body shape isn't great for topspeed so the car wouldn't be as ideal for the really large circuits. Also, I doubt the builder would bother with finding/fabricating a hard top so the folks with harsher winters might not find the car too practical.

Anyway, a thoughtfully built Factory Five replica would certainly draw more looks than most sports cars while having no trouble keeping up.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:03 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Dont know ... its the reputation around ... ive been in a C5 and C6 Corvette ( not many around here ) and they dont look different from a lets say Impala or a Chevy truck ( my dad had several S.10 ) , which after some years they seem to wear very fast , and the quality of plastics its not on a par with the germans ... For looks i should say the C6 looks superb , and for the price nothing is faster .
And again you are simply making a subjective statement.. because the "plastic" is exactly the same material.. yo ujust percieve it to be 'better'

Again - have you actually seen the interior of a 1997 or newer Chevrolet "all cracked up and trashed"?
Old 01-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
ok lock this thread now, its just going to be another z06 vs the world. :roll:
Just because brembo and everso arrived and start something? Screw them.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:08 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Convinced RC?...LOL come one are you now trying to claim the Vette have a high quallity interior?
Convinced of what? That you are going out of your way to be an arsehole on a daily basis?

But for the sake of argument can you take a set of pics of your interior your car have been used as an daily driver it have run how many miles?
Why wouldn't I be? The interior looks the same as a new car - and it is 130,000km old already.

The leather of the drivers seat shows the same creasing that any soft leather seat would show after 130,000 miles worth of some 200lb fat arse sitting in it daily, but its not ripped, shredded or otherwise trashed. The plastic is not peeled or cracked.

snap some pics of the seats and around the interior and show us how great the quallity are....how well it holds up on use....
You trying to prove something again? I mean after you see them you will come up with some other shit anyway.

Seriously - you are turning out to tbe the epitomy of an intardnet loser. It is quite sad that the likes of you and everso have to pollute JW.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #14
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Uh oh. RC45's angry.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Seriously - you are turning out to tbe the epitomy of an intardnet loser. It is quite sad that the likes of you and everso have to pollute JW.
LOL. listen here, geeza.....i think there are plenty of people on here who find your ranting/whining to be pure pollution...

just chill and have a good time on here....unfortunately, i don't come to JW as much as i used to...but every time i do log on, i find post after post with you fighting, screaming, ranting, and whining about something......THAT is wack.
everytime I logon I find post after post bullshit posts about US cars being shit and they mostly bogus and unfounded.

thereare no fights - just correctin the crap people post - most of which is blatantly false and concocted.

BTW - does your family know what a cowardly loser you are for breaking the GMe mbargo and then not owning up to it? Or even worse, after someone else took the brunt of the blame you didn't so much as say fuck ing thankyou?