Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 08-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #16
nchs09

i dont see this is as good news. trust me i like to see the show doing good but with so much succes, ur just asking for changes which will be the downfall of the show unfortunally or maybe not downfall but lack of quality which it has now
Old 08-12-2005, 10:45 PM   #17
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by nchs09
i dont see this is as good news. trust me i like to see the show doing good but with so much succes, ur just asking for changes which will be the downfall of the show unfortunally or maybe not downfall but lack of quality which it has now
I wouldn’t be too worried. Like I said before, the show has been on since 1978. And yes Jeremy Clarkson was the host even back then. The ratings have gone up and down for years. I don’t think these new ratings will change anything except maybe quiet the green car people from complaining a little bit.
Global Warming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #18
antonioledesma
Regular User

I believe that the changes that will come this autumm, know as Sabine, is about Clarkson having slipped 2 discs. 3 weeks ago in TG they announced that JC was forbiden to drive for 6 months.
So we could have a duo for some car reviews, JC talking and Sabine driving.... unless the Stig does all the driving
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:05 AM   #19
HeilSvenska
Regular User

UK license holders should e able to download through iMP soonish if all goes to plan
but the iMP automatically stops each program after a week. I don't want that. I want to watch Top Gear whenever i want. even though watching any BBC programme for a week is a fascinating idea
Old 08-13-2005, 12:09 AM   #20
nchs09

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere
Originally Posted by nchs09
I wouldn’t be too worried. Like I said before, the show has been on since 1978. And yes Jeremy Clarkson was the host even back then. The ratings have gone up and down for years. I don’t think these new ratings will change anything except maybe quiet the green car people from complaining a little bit.
well im not afraid of the show going away. ye the quality of the show and maye the focus changing.... less into what it is now and more into more comercial cars that we do not want to see due to the ammount of viewers car companys might want to pusha car to get tested and producers budge into it
Old 08-13-2005, 06:53 AM   #21
Anonymous

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
UK license holders should e able to download through iMP soonish if all goes to plan
but the iMP automatically stops each program after a week. I don't want that. I want to watch Top Gear whenever i want. even though watching any BBC programme for a week is a fascinating idea
well yes thats what it did in the first trial, second larger trial coming september. who knows what will happen for sure, or even if it will happen at all. BBC are also developing their own codec to so no microsoft crap eventually hopefully. Finally if DRM becomes popular on vids expect it to be cracked pretty quickly just like dvds any method is pretty pointless
Old 08-30-2005, 02:03 AM   #22
Pokiou
Regular User

man they better not axe TG or jeremy. . thats like amputating your own penis for BBC ... the show is doing great and i know there is a MASSVIE crowd here in australia that download the video's and watch it.. i watch even the old ones still.. it a good show has everything a man wants fast cars lots of smoke and funny witty comments..

great show in fact i reckon its the greatest !!!
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 03:09 AM   #23
PATo355
Regular User

Well its an astonishing show not only aimed to petrolheads , it also contains a lot of humour that you can enjoy in family .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote