Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 07-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
Vansquish
Regular User

Default Top Gear in America!?!?!?

Yeah, I know there's a topic about this already, but by gum...I saw a TG episode on the Discovery channel today...it was the one where James May test drove the Maserati Quattroporte...old...but hell, it's Top Gear on this side of the pond!!

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

~ its about time, id say !!!!
was it the full 1 hour show, or a shortend version like the BBC world TG episodes?
Old 07-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #3
gigdy
Regular User

its an hour but because of commercials its edited to be 44mins long instead of the full hour
Old 07-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #4
Vansquish
Regular User

yup...but it was still a great thing to see on American TV...hope they keep it up and fuck off with the commercials (that'll be the day)

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 07-03-2005, 02:42 AM   #5
T-Bird
Regular User

yeah I am watching the Exige/Bowler one right now and damn this is great I never thought I would see the day but it has arrived!

EDIT: haha the masser ep is the same as the Exige and Bowler.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:53 AM   #6
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

lol nice, i saw the same one today. i was over at a friends house when it came on and she couldnt understand why i was so exited to see some stupid car show on TV. even though i had pretty much seen all the clips (except the one with the crazy off roading yellow SUV thing dont remember what it was called) it was still nice to be able to watch on regular TV.

edit: excuse the retarded question but is that yellow thing called the bowler?? if so ops:
Old 07-03-2005, 01:24 PM   #7
Vansquish
Regular User

The Bowler Wildcat is basically a ready-made Paris-Dakar offroad racer. The fact that you can buy one and have it be road legal is pretty awesome...and they're amazingly quick and powerful for what is in essence an SUV.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #8
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
The Bowler Wildcat is basically a ready-made Paris-Dakar offroad racer. The fact that you can buy one and have it be road legal is pretty awesome...and they're amazingly quick and powerful for what is in essence an SUV.
i see, i have never heard of one of those things (obviously ) but damn that thing looks like a lot of fun to drive around off-road, pretty much can take whatever you throw at it. 8)
Old 07-06-2005, 10:28 PM   #9
ericgt
Regular User

You notice they refilmed the Power Board. Chopped out the news and star in car. It looks like it was capped in RealPlayer.
ericgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:41 PM   #10
graywolf624
Regular User

The show was actually a mix. Clips from old shows were combined with newly shot American friendly scenes in the studio. At the end of the day I like the native version better though.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote