Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 02-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #31
dingo
Regular User

I don't like reading posts like this, as it makes me wanna go out and buy some stuff for my car......I need to be strong and resist!

Congrats on all the purchases, hopefully it won't be too long before its all up and running - should be a track monster!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #32
5vz-fe
Regular User

sikx5, have you gone mad??? :shock: :shock: Can't wait to see the result
Old 02-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #33
cooperluke
Regular User

Well... with those mods you're really taking that beauty into another level!!!!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:31 AM   #34
FPVPSI
Regular User

Great stuff man! Can't wait to see the end result...
Old 02-11-2006, 09:59 PM   #35
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

very nice! i've only seen one GT4 in real life, a friend of a friend showed up with one at our DSM dyno day a few months ago. very interesting cars
Old 02-25-2006, 08:45 AM   #36
sikx5
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
with those mods, you definitely need to hit the track!

get some videos too!
I cant wait till i get out on there, Ive bought some Semi Slick 17" tyres also . Here is a pic of them:

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Those are some serious mods! :shock:

What will be the power output once everything is installed??
Thanks Dani, For power, it will be around 120-140KW at all four wheels. Running at 9 Psi. Im hoping to wind up the boost once i do my engine rebuild at the end of this year, which will comprise of a HKS 2.2L 3S-GTE stroker kit. , then after the run in period, it should be capable of 200-220KW at all four wheels

Originally Posted by dingo
I don't like reading posts like this, as it makes me wanna go out and buy some stuff for my car......I need to be strong and resist!

Congrats on all the purchases, hopefully it won't be too long before its all up and running - should be a track monster!
Dingo, Thanks, Its about time you spent some money on your car too, why not splash out on some Tein Coilovers ?? or beautiful Oz Racing Superlaggas

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
sikx5, have you gone mad??? :shock: :shock: Can't wait to see the result
Shes worth it

Originally Posted by cooperluke
Well... with those mods you're really taking that beauty into another level!!!!
Thanks mate

Originally Posted by FPVPSI
Great stuff man! Can't wait to see the end result...
Cheers dude, at the end of the year she will be fully complete

Originally Posted by Garretts_turbo
very nice! i've only seen one GT4 in real life, a friend of a friend showed up with one at our DSM dyno day a few months ago. very interesting cars
Thanks mate, they are quite rare here in Oz too, Not so easy to find parts, so sometimes you have to make your own.

Now...for an update, First up here are some pics of more new parts:
Strut Braces, front and rear 3 point Rally braces with adjustable whiteline rear sway bar:

Tial 38mm Ex-Wastegate:

here are some pics of how she sits now with tein suspension:

And now, here are some pics of todays work:

Here are some pics of the new turbo setup on the car:

Shes nearly ready to be started, Just new braided oil and water lines, then its rock and roll. Will post up a update on how she goes later this week, cant wait to drive it again, its been nearly 3 months since its been of the road.

Cheers
Shane
Old 05-08-2006, 03:29 AM   #37
sikx5
Regular User

G'day fellas,
Its been a long time since ive been on Jabbasworld, Working full time and studying full time doesnt help. However i found time to work on my car, And i got her on the road. Once i got the turbo setup and suspension setup on the car, took it for a spin, and found out that my clutch is slipping . So another setback, i soon ordered an Ogura Racing 409D Full face brass clutch with light weight flywheel. This was a great learning experience for me, as i did all the work myself. Which required a full engine drop for the clutch install. Here are the pics:
Here is the engine bay after the turbo setup:

Tial 38mm external wastegate:

Greddy type-rs BOV:

Now after i dropped the engine:

Gearbox off:

Took this time to clean up the engine bay, as the previous owner has been rally driving in it, so it was filthy:

Cleaned up the gearbox a bit as well:

The old clutch:

Here is the new clutch i installed:

Just got it on the road, Its pretty tricky to drive with that clutch, its either "on" or "off". So its quite tricky to drive through traffic. :shock:

Here are some snaps i took on the weekend, gave it a good wash and wax, Meguiars NXT wash & Wax used:

Defi PSi Boost guage:

Just fitted up the j-speed rear 3-way rally brace also:

I'll have some videos up soon. Its really fun to drive, but i havent been pushing it very hard. Fuel prices have risen yet again, so the faster i drive, the faster the fuel goes.
0-100 times are sub 5 seconds now. I will be chucking it on the quarter as soon as i buy some nice tyres. Its got amazing acceleration and im so happy its finally on the road. Im off for another drive

Cya's later
Shane.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #38
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Holy sh*t man!!

I'm extremely impressed with your All-trac. Hands down THE nicest Celica I've seen...

It's great that you're doing all the work yourself too.. I sure as hell wouldn't trust myself to start taking apart my engine and transmission..

I just started working on a 2 stroke engine for my shifter kart.. which seems like nothing compared to what you're working with..

Keep up the good work, hope you can get it to the track too! Just dont trash it in the corners..

oh yea, Real nice pics too!!
Old 05-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #39
dingo
Regular User

Nice work mate, turning into a real monster. I sometimes wish I bought an older car (out of warranty) so that I could do more engine work without the fear of being screwed when making a claim. :bah:

Have you taken it off-road yet? Great fun sliding around in the red dirt, just a pain in the arse having to clean it afterwards, but worth it IMO.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:03 AM   #40
sikx5
Regular User

Thanks alot for the compiments fellas
Dani: Its pretty damn quick now, I have to enroll in some driver training courses soon

dutchmasterflex: thanks man, you gotta learn by doing, So what your doing now is ideal. Even if you bugger it up, its not going to cost too much money to get it fixed up. Looking forward to tracking it

dingo: Thanks man. Since you got the rex as a daily driver, you should invest in a older car for track work perhaps. And you could do the work yourself . I was on public transport for most of the time my car was off the road, damn glad im not catching the train anymore

Havent taken it off road yet, Im having traction issues in the dry now But looking for an empty wet private property with nothing to crash into, Will make sure i have the video on hand
Old 05-09-2006, 05:36 AM   #41
gis
Regular User

That is one nice celica with a nice selection of mods now.the white is nice,bet you clean it a lot though,only problem with white cars.lol

what power are you expecting with those mods?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:48 AM   #42
sikx5
Regular User

thanks dude, and yeah i clean it every weekend Uni work permitting though

These mods should see me to a cool 200KW at all four wheels with the right ECU and tune.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:38 AM   #43
Pehtren
Regular User

The car looks really nice I wouldnt minde owning one

Will you be doing any exterior stuff to it, spoilers sideskirts...?
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote