Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 04-29-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
StanAE86
Regular User

Default Another Day in the RSA

Took the RSA out to the track again...I can't help it. It's so much fun and it so wants to be out there on the track. I lowered the tire pressures and the car seems to stick a bit better, but I definately need to upgrade the tires when they wear out. The Yokohama AVS Sport are great, but well under the capabilities of the car. I forgot my camera this time, which was too bad because aside from my friend's GT3, there were about three others...one with the Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes...niiiiice.

Here's a fews pics after I got home and washed off the car:

Here's the professional shots taken by GotBlueMilk. I got some headlight protectors so, I didn't have to tape them up this time:

http://gotbluemilk.com/web060428/3/index.html

Here's the other cars that were there:

http://gotbluemilk.com/web060428/
Old 05-02-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
pzgren
Regular User

this is the right car to go out to the racetrack and push it! i can imagine how much fun it is.... i'll have to wait until mid' june to go racing with my porsche....

to sad you've forgot your cam.. but i guess you'll go soon racing again and take some other nice shots then...
Old 05-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
DeMoN
Regular User

how much you pay for track day?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:05 AM   #4
StanAE86
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
As for the rest of the cars - there were some great cars sharing the track: M Coupe, Evo VIII, 996 GT3, a GT2 (real or fake?)
The yellow GT2 looking car is actually a standard Turbo with GT2 bits and pieces...

Originally Posted by DeMoN
how much you pay for track day?
I go for F-R-E-E because I'm a driving coach with the clubs that I've been going with. What a deal! I'm not sure on the prices, but I think they're around $250 a day, which includes a pretty decent lunch and drinks and stuff. Hooked on Driving has a $40 off coupon, for first timers. The pictures in this set are from a club called Unlimited Laps.

I think I might make it down to Buttonwillow in the fall, depending on how busy I am (3 hour one-way drive versus 1.5 to Thunderhill). Is any close to there (as if there is anything close to there aside from Bakersfield)...interesting in possibly going? I might have a few friends drive in from Las Vegas to meet up and drive...we'll see though...it's still pretty far away...

Thanks for all the compliments! Pictures next time!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Lucky man!!! I don't think I would ever leave the track, let alone get out of that driver seat if I had that car..

Those pictures are really good too.. did you order any prints?

The track you go to seems to be pretty fancy..
Old 05-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #6
StanAE86
Regular User

I bought one pic from the February event I went to:

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=36920&start=0

The track is Thunderhill. I like it a lot, it is pretty safe, with very little walls and plenty of run off...you know...just in case you need it. The biggest threat is going out sideways or when the dirt is went...catching the wheels and flipping the car. I guess it's arguable whether a slow flip is better, or a crash into the wall. I hope I never figure it out:

http://www.thunderhill.com/html/trackmap.html