Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 05-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #1
mustang07
Regular User

Default Ford GT prices

I just found this site and i thought it was pretty interesting. I know there's been some debate about the prices and i just thought i'd post it here for any future buyers.....http://www.fordgtprices.com
mustang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
blah
Regular User

Hey you live in ohio, im from Ohio, Warrensville Heights to be exact.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
mustang07
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Hey you live in ohio, im from Ohio, Warrensville Heights to be exact.
So you lived up near Cleveland then. That's cool. Right now the big event is the Steel Valley Nationals this weekend, formerly known as Hot Rod Super Nationals. It will be great fun. Why did you move out to Cali? Anywho Good to know a fellow Ohioian!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:42 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

From October 2004 through April 2005, a total of 983 Ford GTs had been built,
and only 269 Ford GTs (or 27%) had been sold, leaving 714 to be sold
These cars will begin to be dumped - and within 3 years you will be able to pickup a used GT for less than $60,000 - which is really all the car is worth.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:28 PM   #5
mustang07
Regular User

I love the car and i agree with you RC45. The question is will the owners realize that the car is a FORD and sell it reasonable. I love Fords but they are Fords and because of that a new car will be tough to rise in price so soon.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
5vz-fe
Regular User

I still remember when Ford's T-Bird came out few years back, they are marked up like crazy.......I guess I don't have to say what happen to the T-Bird now =P~

Of course, u can't compare T-Bird with the GT, but 200K for a FORD no matter how u see it is not worth
Old 05-26-2005, 03:08 AM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

Today most buyers think Ford GTs are worth LESS than $200,000.
Today most dealers think Ford GTs are worth MORE than $200,000.
Therefore, not many cars are being sold, and inventories are increasing.
Increasing supply means the prices will continue to drop.
Mid-May 2005: Prices fall under $200K. This is an important psychological barrier, and we believe prices will now begin to fall rapidly, as dealers will finally begin to realize that the market values on Ford GTs have fallen significantly from the initial $250K+ figure, and the sooner they sell their car, the higher the market value will be.
hehe, my favorite quote from that website

first ill say i LOVE the GT... and its likely my 2nd favorite car in production today. the problem lies in the same nature that GM has... Dealers but ford is still one step behind with the GT... it cannot be serviced at any dealers yet... which means perhaps that is actually better then what the Z06 has in some respects

part of what makes a car worth so much to me is the whole package, not just performance data.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:11 AM   #8
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
From October 2004 through April 2005, a total of 983 Ford GTs had been built,
and only 269 Ford GTs (or 27%) had been sold, leaving 714 to be sold
These cars will begin to be dumped - and within 3 years you will be able to pickup a used GT for less than $60,000 - which is really all the car is worth.
Why do you say that? Why dont you think its worth the 150k they wanted to charge? I mean, JClarckson had no issues even when they raiced the price.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #9
DeMoN
Regular User

Because they delayed it, I dont think it was because they DIDNT want to give him one. He kept saying they delayed it only.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:31 PM   #10
blah
Regular User

car should of been same price as the viper/GT3.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:27 PM   #11
mustang07
Regular User

As stated earlier about the T-Birds they were marked badly. In fact weren't they supposed to be dead by now....Anywho you can look at the viper and look at when it first came out and how high it was but throughout the months the price did come down to a more reasonable one. I didn't even think about the service of the thing, that is a good point to keep in mind.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:52 PM   #12
FoxFour
Regular User

At a local dealership here, they have a GT that's going to be sold at a private auction. Scumbag dealers. Some shit-ass probably is going to pay over $300.000 for it. For that price-Ferrari. I remember when Ford was considering about building the GT-90 car many years ago. One of the reasons that project was shelved was because they thought that few people would buy a $100K Ford. A sucker IS born every minute.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:44 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

That is correct
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:24 AM   #14
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
That is correct
I would still prefer the GT3 =P~ but I agree
Old 05-27-2005, 07:22 PM   #15
gogglibear

I don't agree you may say it is a Ford and yes it is a Ford. But Why should Ford sell a car that can out perform a viper/GT3/360/360 CS/C6 Z06/etc. and almost keeps up with a CGT and faster than a Enzo when you shorten the belt by 3mm in straight line performance, and very well circuit racing. The Enzo's lower torque doesn't help it get around those corners. All I'm saying is if it needs to be lowered in price why are some many people paying more for the car. If you have a problem with it to bad don't eat whats on your plate if you don't like it. !MOO!

Sorry to say this but if the Ford GT needs to be 60k why isn't the new Z06 RC45, and don't say because its worth it.(I'm not saying its not worth it just because you say the Ford GT isn't)
gogglibear is offline   Reply With Quote