Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 10-29-2005, 06:45 AM   #1
sikx5
Regular User

Default QLD Track Day - 360CS! 360, CLS55AMG, CSL, M3R

hey fellas,
i went to a QLD track day today, it was mainly a porshce track day, but i went for this 360CS, it was so beautiful, I didnt get any track shots, as i rocked up very late, i missed a Gallardo and a Continental GT. I know these cars are all common for you guys...but the were simply amazing to see in person, i am still in awe......Also if you guys have any tips on taking track photos please give me some advice.

Thanks...enjoy...
shane

Mercedes CSL 55 AMG :

360 Modena:

M3 CSL with a Brembo brake upgrade kit...amazing!!!!

360 CS!!!!!!!!....these are ALL the pics i took, i could not crop any, its just too beautiful....
Old 10-29-2005, 08:01 AM   #2
stmoritzer
Regular User

360CS

Thanks for the pictures!

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:58 AM   #3
Pehtren
Regular User

nice pics teh 360 cs is just beautiful

i think you take pics very well

have you got more pics of bmw m3 csl

tx for pics
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:08 PM   #4
raphaelws

F360 Cs is fantastic 8) 8) thanx for the pics

Powered by DSC-H9
raphaelws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:49 PM   #5
MIHALS
Regular User

I've got the feelings, that this 360 CS is exactly the same as Dingo drove

:arrow: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=29844&start=0

nice pics btw!!!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 03:04 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

Thanks for the pics! And definitely the CS must be dingo's!

Too bad you didn't get the full car in this shot:
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/1269/dsc37330ny.jpg
it would have been a nice candidate for next month's contest
Old 10-29-2005, 03:55 PM   #7
Wutputt
Regular User

Seems like you loved the 360CS Thanks for the pics.

As for the advice of the track action shots, it's just a matter of trying a lot and finding the best settings for you. But here are the basics for taking panning shots: you should put the camera in shutter mode. In this mode you can set the shutter speed to a fixed amount. The shutter speed you choose depends on the circumstances (the speeds the cars are passing by, the steadiness of you hands, etc.). To start with set it to 1/200 or so. If the results are too blurry, you should try faster shutter speeds, if there isn't enough feeling of speed in the pics, you should try slower shutter speeds.

What you have to do is to pre focus the camera on the spot where the cars will pass (if your camera/lens can focus continuously it's not needed). You follow the car with your camera and when you think the time is right, press the shutter button. After some trial and error you'll end up with pics like this:

Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 04:01 PM   #8
No.1
Regular User

^^^ Ooohh.... a shame, as TT says.... but still an A1 photograph. 8)

A nice set of pics too... the CSL is riding on stock-M3 rims though.... a set for the track, perhaps?

Love the CS photos... that car is already a classic IMO
Old 10-29-2005, 07:36 PM   #9
sikx5
Regular User

Thanks for the comments guys, it was a pleasure to take those pics, the car is just pure sex.

Originally Posted by MIHALS
I've got the feelings, that this 360 CS is exactly the same as Dingo drove

:arrow: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=29844&start=0

nice pics btw!!!!!
Yeap its the same CS Dingo saw, its in my state, so im privelleged enough to see it regularly, as the owner uses it alot.
Originally Posted by TT
Thanks for the pics! And definitely the CS must be dingo's!

Too bad you didn't get the full car in this shot:
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/1269/dsc37330ny.jpg
it would have been a nice candidate for next month'
s contest
Thanks TT, Its a shame i missed the photo, i was pretty nervous taking the pics. I will try get the full car in the shot next time, sorry. I am looking at starting a photo website, to follow in yours and dingos footsteps as well, just need to finish of my uni exams.

Also thank you very much for that advice Wutputt. I will sit on the side of the road and try your method.

Originally Posted by thenumber1
^^^ Ooohh.... a shame, as TT says.... but still an A1 photograph. 8)

A nice set of pics too... the CSL is riding on stock-M3 rims though.... a set for the track, perhaps?

Love the CS photos... that car is already a classic IMO
Cheers dude, That is a indeed a CSL with stock 18"M3 rims, they are his track set, with super stickey tyres i believe. It also has eight spot brembo brakes valued at approximately $30000. Fully adjustable air bleed shocks, and has been modified to meet Le Mans GT3 FIA race specifications. :shock:
Old 10-29-2005, 11:26 PM   #10
dingo
Regular User

As you guys have worked out the CS is the one I drove (and rode in) - its nice to see it again in pictures.

Some nice pics sikx5, just wish the CSL had its original wheels on - looks alot better.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:01 AM   #11
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by sikx5
Cheers dude, That is a indeed a CSL with stock 18"M3 rims, they are his track set, with super stickey tyres i believe. It also has eight spot brembo brakes valued at approximately $30000. Fully adjustable air bleed shocks, and has been modified to meet Le Mans GT3 FIA race specifications. :shock:
WOW :shock:

The Brembo must make your eyes hurt under braking.... a serious specced up car 8)
Old 10-30-2005, 12:13 PM   #12
callen
Regular User

great pics dude, I love the CS!!! And these cars arent normal for all of us, more or less just TT
Old 10-31-2005, 06:53 PM   #13
neilo63
Regular User

Shane buddy, wish i could have come. Too busy trying not to fail my exam. Next time muhuhhahaha.
neilo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #14
jim501
Regular User

Hey guys, I was out at the track day with the owner of the CS (he had his GT3 there as well) I took this very poor video on my phone of him coming on to the main straight. Since we were out in Alice he has taken the cats off so now it sounds like an F1 car. Dingo can tell you the sound was amazing before now it is incredible.
http://media.putfile.com/CS-Driveby
I went out as pax in the GT3 for a session and whilst trying to break his lap record, he spun and blow the manifold off which ended up in the loss of the brake boosters so the GT3 got retired a bit early but the CS went strong all day.
Also running around the track was the 1988 Lemans winning Porsche 962 and a lola of about the same vintage. They were unreal just cornering so flat and fast. Also for the Aussies there was the red 7 litre Monaro that raced at Bathurst a couple of years ago. It looked unreal on the track. All three of these cars were owned by the same guys so it was good to see them getting a workout.
jim501 is offline   Reply With Quote