Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 04-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #16
robruf
Regular User

Great scan, loved the details, the Carrera GT is the car to beat I would have to say.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:39 PM   #17
jorge
Regular User

Originally Posted by robruf
Great scan, loved the details, the Carrera GT is the car to beat I would have to say.
I have read some articles about the Carrera GT and i have to agree, i think it has become at least the best current supercar, the one that others have to beat.
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:52 PM   #18
HoboPie
Regular User

I guess all the numbers just went to my head, but it occurs to me the best numbers before were.

0-60 3.5
0-100 7.0
1/4 mile 11.3

For some reason these new numbers just really stick out, I think it is the sub 7 second 0-100mph.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:10 PM   #19
ice
Regular User

I love th CGT for sure, but the Enzo is still faster in a straight line, it ran an 11.1 in Road and track, and braked better then in that C&D comparison. Also, C&D never did a Enzo independant test, so their numbers are likelty estimates. The CGT may be the more likable supercar, but the Enzo remains king in terms of sheer raw speed and track ability, and thats what its goal was.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:32 PM   #20
Toronto
Regular User

wow i just got home and started uploading my scans from b4 to the photo gallery, guess i should of done it b4 i left ot play cards, guess up beat me to it (yours are much better quality i hade to stay under 250k
stupid me i guess i should of check to see if it was up, but i only looked at supjects that had topics posted since last visit o well
Old 04-30-2004, 11:37 PM   #21
5.7 V10
Regular User

Sweet article, 3.5 seconds...!

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:23 AM   #22
HoboPie
Regular User

Originally Posted by ice
I love th CGT for sure, but the Enzo is still faster in a straight line, it ran an 11.1 in Road and track, and braked better then in that C&D comparison. Also, C&D never did a Enzo independant test, so their numbers are likelty estimates. The CGT may be the more likable supercar, but the Enzo remains king in terms of sheer raw speed and track ability, and thats what its goal was.
Well Walter Rohrl himself admitted the Enzo had the straightline advantage and I don't think even a test driver would admit that unless it was fairly obvious to the public.

And yeah, the C&D test was done at Fiorano, with some extrapolated results I believe, and for sure no corrections. The R&T Enzo on the other hand was done on a normal flat surface and essentially beat everything the C&D Enzo did.

Still the CGT is turning out to be a monster.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:54 AM   #23
yg60m
Regular User

Thank you mate, nice scans, i love the CGT !
Old 05-02-2004, 03:39 PM   #24
HoboPie
Regular User

You had better
Old 05-03-2004, 03:44 PM   #25
Max Power

Damn......mail can never arrive soon enough...

C&D did their Enzo test at VIRginia International Raceway...though their acceleration times were done at Fiorano. The track's straightaway was too short for a true 1/4 mile and hence their acceleration numbers are biased. And even though the Carrera GT outbraked the Enzo I believe with Ferrari's expertise from F1 the Enzo would handily beat the Porsche on any track.

Also Car and Driver thought that the Ferrari's oil changes were way too expensive (60USD per quart) but nothing about the mechanics, where as the Porsche had a grabby clutch...really a shame from a car that is perfect
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:08 PM   #26
CarreraGtRacer

Check out the Road and Track article I posted.
CarreraGtRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:55 PM   #27
HoboPie
Regular User

Thanks max power, I was just recently puzzling over how they hell they some of their tests at Fiorano.