Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > 5th Gear Discussion > Episode Discussion

Old 09-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default 5th Gear - S14 EP6 - 15th September, 2008 - Discussion

In this week’s packed Fifth Gear, Tom delivers his verdict on what could be the most exciting Volkswagen ever – the brand new Scirocco. He takes the car on a shakedown on the roads of Wales, before heading to an enormous deserted beach for a thrilling finale.

Jason is on a mission to make another sportsman’s dream come true when he meets Moto GP star James Toseland. The talented biker is desperate to get behind the wheel of the brandnew Aston Martin V8 Vantage, so Jason takes him to a special track to find out exactly what this sleek machine can do.

Elsewhere, Tim enters the murky world of cold callers who take the hard-earned cash of private car sellers in exchange for a supposedly guaranteed sale. He speaks to a variety of companies and their disgruntled customers in a bid to make everyone aware of what to say to these callers when they ring up.

Over on the Fifth Gear handling track, Vicki has her sights set on two Porsches – the brand new Boxster RS60 Spyder and a last-generation 911 Carrera 2. With the Boxster’s reputation as a poor man’s Porsche, can the latest and fastest-ever version compete with a 911 that sold for the same price when it was new?

Jonny, meanwhile, risks getting seriously muddy when he takes to the hills to find out if the new Jeep Wrangler is better or worse than a Willys Jeep from World War II. With the new version promising to be more refined than ever, Jonny wants to know if it has kept the focus and capabilities that made the Jeep name so great.

Also this week, in a feature which combines a green conscience with stunning high speeds, Tiff aims to set a speed record for a car powered by alternative fuels. His vehicle of choice is a specially modified Lotus that can run on three different fuels and even out-accelerate a Ferrari. But will these features be enough to burn Tiff’s name into the record books?

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:25 AM   #2
stmoritzer
Regular User

looking for the video

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
F108
Regular User

Originally Posted by stmoritzer View Post
looking for the video
Likewise. I finally find a source of good-quality (i.e. 500Mb+) episodes of Fifth Gear and they promptly disappear. Typical. Back to mininova I suppose, unless anyone can offer better advice.

Even sadder about Rick Wright. RIP
F108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:58 AM   #4
stmoritzer
Regular User

^they will/should appear in the VV

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
Old 09-17-2008, 04:01 AM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by stmoritzer View Post
^they will/should appear in the VV
I may be wrong, but I think the Video vault will be free access soon for every user...
Old 09-17-2008, 04:13 AM   #6
stmoritzer
Regular User

^ heard about it - the point is that the last two shows haven't been uploaded to the VV yet - I guess Jabba is busy atm...