Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-19-2005, 09:19 AM   #1
GTO
Regular User

Default Google Video of crashing WRX, he gets arrested for it.

Know that Google Video of that kid crashing his WRX in NZ? He got arrested.
News Article - http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/2154.php
Video that's been posted here 82937947329823 times - http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...616560725&q=wrx

Quote:
Web racer
Canterbury News Release 3:01pm 19 October 2005
A 21 year old Christchurch man appeared in court this afternoon charged with reckless driving - all because he posted pictures of himself driving recklessly on the internet.

Christchurch Police received numerous complaints from New Zealand and overseas when the pictures of the driver and vehicle performing by racer type offending on a public street, appeared on a web page, says Inspector Derek Erasmus.

"As a result we made inquiries into the incident," he says. "Members of the public recognised the street and police were able to track down the owner of the car through the registration seen on the internet and identified the driver through analysis of the film on the internet."

The video showed burnt outs and loss of traction, spinning and all sorts of behaviour that was of danger to other road users. It ended with the vehicle crashing on the side of the road.

"Other cars could be seen passing by," says Derek Erasmus. "He was the author of his own demise. If you perform a criminal act, we shall pursue you."

NB'
He pleased guilty at first appearance and was disqualified from driving for 9 months, and received 120 hours community work.

One of the complainants wrote;
'People like this are stupid & irresponsible, after all they filmed this and put it on the net, I feel sorry for the person in the other car that must have got a hell of a fright, I think that they should be taught a lesson, thanks in advance for your time.'

Another wrote;
`It's of some guys in a wrx doing some stupid acts of driving here in Chch and I know exactly where the video was taken. They end up crashing and you can get a good i.d of the number plate. I was wondering if you can get these guys for anything, as these are the muppets that make legit wrx owners like myself have a hard time in the public eye.'
Old 10-19-2005, 12:41 PM   #2
Banchi105
Regular User

Makes me wonder how the laws here in america would approach this?

Ow well... as long as I always blur the license plate...
Banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

LMAO, seves him right; really... a top search result for WRX... not to mention, why would he brag (by posting it, he was) about himself crashing... idots :roll:
Old 10-19-2005, 01:16 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

It only takes one person with a grudge/mission/objection to take you down...

While it was stupid - apart from the "scare" the other driver got and the damage to the pole, no harm was done..

Had he hit the other person then it would have just been another reckless driver - he would be busted and the cops will have caught another "bad guy" - case closed.

The complaints and follow up was a bit stupid and pointless really.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:42 AM   #5
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

GTO - Did u watch ACA last nite, they claimed it was in Sydney Ray needs to retire
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:37 AM   #6
GTO
Regular User

^Nah I never watch ACA, Ray getting his facts right? Think he need his head kicked in, fk I find that parasite irriating.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:38 PM   #7
SilviaEvo
Regular User

the guy deserves it for the riced out tail lights and for being an idiot
Old 10-21-2005, 09:22 AM   #8
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Yeah i dont watch aca, but someone alerted me to hoon story, always funny to watch the hoon stories
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote