Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-04-2004, 03:08 PM   #1
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

Default RUF vs GEMBALLA

I do not know that much about these two but I do know that the Gemballa 750GTR produces much more power than the RUF R Turbo, but thats about it...but more power doesnt necessarily mean that one is better than the other. So which would yall go with?
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 04:44 PM   #2
X-ale
Regular User

Gemballa for now, well i`d hold on to see the new ruf...
X-ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 05:21 PM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

Ruf seems more "serious" and Gemballa makes more extremes preparations !
On the 80's, they were very "Miami Vice" !!
for historic : http://www.bkweb.jp/hp/history/

Ruf never do things like that to my knowledge.
yg60m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 05:40 PM   #4
godspeed06
Regular User

that is one UGLY car... [shakes head in disgust]
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 08:43 PM   #5
st-anger
Regular User

.... nice find, that´s a Porsche 930 Turbo Avalanche, i think only 3 or 4 made worldwide...

Ruf or Gemballa, well i know both of these tuners quite well and i´d prefer Gemballa...
btw if anyone is looking for the BEST Porsche tuner ( for performance only, not optics...) go for RS-Tuning, it´s not that common but definitely the best for engine/exhaust...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:31 AM   #6
Ivanhoe
Regular User

RUF hands down!!! ill continue tthis response tomm...
Old 01-05-2004, 02:22 AM   #7
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

Thanks for your opinions...st-anger..if I remember correctly I thought I read in a forum that you worked for Porsche for a while..
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 04:45 PM   #8
crasherror
Regular User

I would have to go to RUF because they are a true tuner that completely remakes a car to each customers specific needs. also they don't try to kill their customers by putting a crazy amount of power in the engine. Ruf isthe best tunner.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:26 PM   #9
PATo355
Regular User

Ruf always ... i guess its the best in the world tuning porsches , and they still look almost stock

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:39 PM   #10
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
.... nice find, that´s a Porsche 930 Turbo Avalanche, i think only 3 or 4 made worldwide...

Ruf or Gemballa, well i know both of these tuners quite well and i´d prefer Gemballa...
btw if anyone is looking for the BEST Porsche tuner ( for performance only, not optics...) go for RS-Tuning, it´s not that common but definitely the best for engine/exhaust...
Have you got more info on that RS-tuning?? That sounds like my kind of thing! ..........about to search on google...............
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 06:34 PM   #11
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s

Have you got more info on that RS-tuning?? That sounds like my kind of thing! ..........about to search on google...............
finally...
everybody here seems to be very certain about RUF, don´t get me wrong alois ruf is definitely a top tuner, but does any of you have real experience with a Porsche tuner???
if so, you´d agree that there´s only one engine/exhaust tuner, and that´s RS-Tuning http://www.rs-tuning.de/...
( sorry, i don´t know, but for me the link isn´t working...)

why RS-T???
have you seen a Ruf/Gemballa/TechArt... tuned engine in racing so far... exactely...
RS-T is spezialised on RELIABLE high performance parts due to their efforts in motorsport, also on 24h races...
of course all the other tuners have their reliability too, but mainly for road use and when you race your car hard on the track quite some time it´ll be an VERY expensive spare time fun, believe me i´ve some very good contacts to that industry...
talk with any decent Porsche partner, they´ll all tell you only the best of RS-T, they aren´t that much hyped on business like the other tuners, they only concentrate on designing the BEST performance parts...

if anyone can proof me wrong, i´d be glad to learn more....
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 06:53 PM   #12
jon_s
Regular User

You have solved all my problems lol

I have always liked tuning cars, but don't like changing their apperance too much (unless necessary).

Thanks for the info!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 11:49 PM   #13
Ivanhoe
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s

finally...
everybody here seems to be very certain about RUF, don´t get me wrong alois ruf is definitely a top tuner, but does any of you have real experience with a Porsche tuner???
if so, you´d agree that there´s only one engine/exhaust tuner, and that´s RS-Tuning http://www.rs-tuning.de/...
( sorry, i don´t know, but for me the link isn´t working...)

why RS-T???
have you seen a Ruf/Gemballa/TechArt... tuned engine in racing so far... exactely...
RS-T is spezialised on RELIABLE high performance parts due to their efforts in motorsport, also on 24h races...
of course all the other tuners have their reliability too, but mainly for road use and when you race your car hard on the track quite some time it´ll be an VERY expensive spare time fun, believe me i´ve some very good contacts to that industry...
talk with any decent Porsche partner, they´ll all tell you only the best of RS-T, they aren´t that much hyped on business like the other tuners, they only concentrate on designing the BEST performance parts...

if anyone can proof me wrong, i´d be glad to learn more....

ummm...WHAT HE SAID!!!!

lol but kidding aside, if there was no such thing as this rs tuning thingy, id choose ruf.... mmm... ctr2....
Old 01-06-2004, 04:03 PM   #14
frodefe
Regular User

Gemballa 750 = hardcore racing machine (almost unusable on normal surface)
Ruf turbo R = a more focused Porsche

depends on what to use the car for - everyday car, or track-day plaything..
Old 01-06-2004, 06:00 PM   #15
Schwalbe

I vote for the Ruf Turbo R .

This car is so sweet and fast too.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote