Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-02-2004, 05:49 PM   #1
kawa22
Regular User

Default What do you think about...

ASR-EDS-TCS
ABS
ESP
600hp and over
1400kg and over
rear traction or 4x4
engine position
on the supercars?

i think that the elecronic components have dismissed the enjoy to drive at 100% a car and 500/550hp is the top and 1200/1300kg the optimum for drive and the rear traction with rear engine postiton or central.
i think that enzo,carrera gt,slr and the ather supercars are very orgasmatic but the people,the man who buy this fantastic car are normal man not schumacher,burns or .... but the results is

the people as we that love this car and valorized the passion of drive don't or ....buy our dream

Minkia power!!!!
kawa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 05:57 PM   #2
jon_s
Regular User

I have no problem with electronic stuff, but there should be a way of turning it all off though.

People will always crash cars, even F1 drivers.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
kawa22
Regular User

for f1 drivers is work for you?
i want say that for drive and enjoyd with a car is not necessary a dream car but a
a car with spirit and man that build it with passion and drive it for to be orgasmatic

Minkia power!!!!
Old 01-04-2004, 09:20 AM   #4
Leo_M3
Regular User

I have no problem with electronic stuff, but there should be a way of turning it all off though

^^^
I am with you all the way brother!!!

It would be HORRID if supercars (or any sportscars) were built with stability programs but they couldnt be turned off!!!!!!

Couldnt even be a drivers car anymore in most respects....

The Straightest Six.
Leo_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
sickx
Regular User

Electronics on supercars are there for a very simple reason--many of the new owners are not skilled (i.e. trained) performance drivers. Hence the electronic brains to try to compensate for the lack of skill. Note the use of the word "try"--therefore the pictures posted above.
sickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 01:28 PM   #6
pimrusis
Regular User

Those don't look like random buyers crashing the car. The man to the left of the Green Murcielago is Lamborghini's chief test driver.
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 02:06 PM   #7
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
it's easy for people to say "oh, traction control sucks" after watching an episode of Top Gear, but in real life, it's a VERY GOOD thing to have. I have been saved so many times in bad weather and in emergency situations by traction control. I'm a good driver and have done well in racing/track events, but in daily driving situations, i'm glad to have electronic slip protection.

cheers
exactly, hence why I agree with it, but for a track a day, one should be able to turn it off!

On another point, I would like to see a further non-compulsory course (not test) for people with cars of 300bhp+ I think it would be good to learn how the car is on the limits. And a nationally recognised course would be great. Perhaps an incentive would be a reduction in insurance.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 02:20 PM   #8
AlienDB7
Regular User

Personally, I think electronic aids are good. In fact, I love the traction control and ABS on my car. Although I wouldn't rely on them, they have proved their usefulness during winter with all the ice and snow. Sure, it's good to know the limit of your car without electronic assistance but there are times when humans just aren't fast enough to react to sudden changes in road condition. Even the most experienced drivers would lock up the brakes under heavy braking once in a while, it's good to have some sort of safety net on public roads. Driving on a track is a completely different story though
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 02:50 PM   #9
corvette97
Regular User

i am still so ignorant about this but....why sometimes ppl dont wanna ride with the stability control sys, does this affect the ride??? or what?? thanxs
Old 01-04-2004, 05:55 PM   #10
kawa22
Regular User

the electronic aids are possibly alias for a car with stability problem? classe a docet,and some years ago car
or
this car haven't electronic but it's great car
the tt have a spoiler for problem stability or i remeber bad?
more weith more hp more grip more ......and the drivers?i think this system are made from factory for shelter the problem of new car?

Minkia power!!!!
Old 01-04-2004, 06:12 PM   #11
snacky
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
I have been saved so many times in bad weather and in emergency situations by traction control. I'm a good driver and have done well in racing/track events, but in daily driving situations, i'm glad to have electronic slip protection.
If you're such a good driver why do get yourself into situtations where you "so many times have been saved by traction control?" dood, learn DEFENSIVE DRIVING, read the traffic and road and slow down or change lanes where idiots wont run into you. hahaha. btw. you mean ABS and not traction control right?

teasing aside, I agree ABS is damn good thing. you never know when some moron OVERDRIVES and spins out in front of you forcing you into an avoidance maneuver.

Slowing down and using good judgement is better than traction control. but not all people have good judgement so I'm for it.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:17 PM   #12
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by pimrusis
Those don't look like random buyers crashing the car. The man to the left of the Green Murcielago is Lamborghini's chief test driver.
He didn't crash it
A (female) driver lost control of the car at Spa-Francorchamps.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 07:19 PM   #13
Wutputt
Regular User

Electronical aids are good for daily driving situations, but if you want to hit the track it should be possible to switch them completely off (not: I hit the brakes, the system works again, and so on)
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 07:21 PM   #14
kawa22
Regular User

in italian he is a "PIRLA" but it's job......andthe car is not of driver.....

Minkia power!!!!
Old 01-04-2004, 07:25 PM   #15
Overmind
Regular User

I personaly wouldn't turn any of the helping computers in real life on a real road. I'm not an idiot to think, that I can handle the car better than a computer in a dangerous situation...