Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 04-29-2006, 05:50 PM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by coombsie66
Quick car, but damn 5th is seriously long! I bet that slows it considerably in the 4th to 5th change region, needs a 6 speed.
And that's what makes this car able to do the things it does, without a gas guzzler tax and returns fantastic gas mileage when being used as a comute vehicle.

Remember, the design criteria for this car going in are "the most extreme performance in the most affordable package in the world - period".

And they delivered exactly that.

Supercar abilities in an affordable, reliable, robust, daily driver package
But they could have made it quicker and still return the same MPG by sticking a 6 speed in it
they could've broadened out 2-4th as well
Old 04-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #17
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
the C6 Z06 is fast, on a straight line it may come down to the driver when racing an F430, but on a track with bends, come on, dont be unrealistic. It cant beat the F430 there.

Z06 is a great car, it can beat M3's, thats for sure. GT40 and Z06 are the only two american cars I'd consider having. But it cant be compared to an F430.
Well I wouldnt doubt the C6 chassis but common knowledge would tell me that the F430 can definetly corner faster.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:07 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by harryo2b
480 Tiptronic can do 3.2 0-60 on icey conditions.

Article in latest Motor Trend magazine.
And exactly WTF has that got to do with anything other than PROVE the C6 Z is a serious threat to everyone.. as your precious little article even named the Corvette as a direct competitor.

Case closed.

All you really did was prove that the 9977TT, the F430 and the C6 Z06 are so close it will come down to driver everytime.

Oh - and I will give you a couple hours chance to repost your nazi propaganda article in the porsche forum before I delete it.. this thread is about the C6 Z 0-190mph on camera run - not some "supposedly" fast porker .. afterall, the tester even admits the time is a little suspicious and will wait for another test to confirm.

Oh - and 60-0 in 116ft is 6ft longer than a 2001 C5 Z06 needed... seems porsche still can't build a better stooping car after 5 years ..
What a testy temper. I was just stating the latest facts about the 480 hp you were wondering about. Never said the Z06 was bad. By they way I am not a German nor a Nazi so please refrain from calling or trying to relate such titles to me. I support the same flag you do.
Hyperbole - look it up

Oh - and the nazi propaganda comment was directed at the German car - we are all well aware of your foreign station - I am thinking it is your panties that need unbunching.

BTW - if I was asking ofr a foreign HP comparison I might have asked for go-kart contributions.

The 480bhp comment was in refernce to my 480bhp

Yes all these cars are marvelous in their numbers and that they fit the markets they are aimed for so why is it that everyone gets all worked up over it? :roll:
You are the one that brought your "market fitting" quote over here - not vice versa

I keep forgetting comments need 86 smilies per thread to not get people all cranky and shit.
:cry: 8)

Hopefully these are enough to diffuse al the egos that come swagering in to every single C6 Z06 thread..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:37 PM   #19
ZfrkS62
Regular User

^^ and you doubted my predictions

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:30 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
I just read that 997 Turbo article. (the same magazine as the C6 Z06 video is from)

What a crock of shit..

The temp during the Porker run was 32F - that's 0c... in other words the engine was producing WAAAAAAY more than 480bhp in those temps... and it was on a the grooved surface of a concrete runway...

So... let's see the REAL numbers when a proper 997TT test is done. I don't think the car will be posting 060 in 3.2s either.

Old 04-29-2006, 09:38 PM   #21
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
I just read that 997 Turbo article. (the same magazine as the C6 Z06 video is from)

What a crock of shit..

The temp during the Porker run was 32F - that's 0c... in other words the engine was producing WAAAAAAY more than 480bhp in those temps... and it was on a the grooved surface of a concrete runway...

So... let's see the REAL numbers when a proper 997TT test is done. I don't think the car will be posting 060 in 3.2s either.

Better yet, lets test the Z06 in the same conditions

anyone just hear a bubble burst?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:48 PM   #22
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

the 0-120 was impressive 8)

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:31 AM   #23
sentra_dude

Sheesh you people need to calm down! Can't we all just get along?

Neat vid btw, that's a fast car.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:11 PM   #24
TeflonTron
Regular User

A comparison of another fast car:

http://rapidshare.de/files/6897347/Video007.3gp.html
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Exactly what is the point of posting this in here?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

A reminder of where you are and what the rules are:

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28049

Seems every now and again folks need a reminder
Old 04-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #27
Erez
Regular User

^ and it's good we have you as the official JW cop

Old 04-30-2006, 08:14 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

^^ -- they can bash and trash the American cars outside this forum all they want - and if we can, we will defend them - but in here, we should be able to discuss them without fear of thread hijacking and clogging with hate mail
Old 04-30-2006, 08:23 PM   #29
TeflonTron
Regular User

Hey, I'm not bashing the Z06 (or any American car just because it's American, for that matter: must have me confused with someone else), just posting a video of another very fast car accelerating, like the Z06 in this thread, from 0 to about 190MPH. I, for one, find it "interesting" to compare how different cars accelerate faster at certain parts of the speed cycle than other cars do, and not everyone can just look at a video of a speedo and gauge how that compares to something else doing the same, so I thought that a video of something else may be of interest.

At no point did I bash the Z06 (or mention the 997 like others have in this thread), nor did I even mention the model or brand of the car in the video that I posted. If you don't want me to post a video/contribute to this thread then I won't: it's really no bother at all either way.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #30
Erez
Regular User

I agree with you 100% but I still think you'll keep getting hate mail either way, your doing a fine work officer a medal is just a matter of time