Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #61
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinigami
VERY impressive collection you got there!

I think it's great that you have respect for your father and all he has been able to provide you, and I hope you'll carry on to show him that you respect his legacy, and still continue to be a true car guy *thumbsup*

It's such a sad state of affairs when some 'kid' with a rich father just takes things granted, and doesn't truly appreciate them for what they are. Unfortunately, I know quite a lot of people like this But you seem quite different, and I applaud that

Now ride em like they were meant to be ridden
Shinigami, I wanted to respond to you separately because of the subject. I learned early in my life that if you're good at something (sports, business, etc.), just be humble and shut your mouth. Sooner or later somebody will compliment you and it feels a lot better coming from them than outta your own big mouth! Actually, I must have been pretty humble even when I was born. When my Mother and Father picked me out (I was adopted), and I think the first words out of my mouth were: "Jeez.... out of all the other little babies, you picked me? Thank you Mom and Dad" Needless to say, I have a huge IOU to Mom and Dad that I hope I can fulfill before I go down for the final count! I guess I've had a pretty good start. I've made a lot of friends here on JabbasWorld and I've never met a single one of you in person! As my Dad would jokingly say, "not too bad for a little country boy!" Thank you for your compliment about Dad!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #62
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by StanAE86
Magwheel: Is that your dog next to your Murc?

Yep, that's one of my 5 dogs. His name is Whizzer and he's an English Labrador (I have 2 other Labs) and he's my Lambo guard dog. Like his brothers and sisters, they don't bite much, but they'll sure as hell lick you to death! :shock:
Old 03-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #63
st-anger
Regular User

what a pleasure to have a CGT owner here - welcome Michael

how many mls do u have on the CGT and have u ever had any problems with it?

thx and see u around here,

st-A
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #64
Vansquish
Regular User

Incredible collection magwheel, I can say I have all but one of the same cars in my collection as well. Unfortunately they're all 1:18 scale and rather static display pieces, definitely not in driveable condition. At any rate, your taste in cars is obviously excellent and I love that you still take great pleasure in merely driving them. If you're ever in the Bloomfield or Ann Arbor areas in Michigan, shoot me a PM! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your stay here on JW and as for image-hosting, I find that imageshack.us is an excellent way to go about it except for the fact that they have a 1mb upload limit per file (and yours are 2.2mb as I recall).

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #65
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
what a pleasure to have a CGT owner here - welcome Michael

how many mls do u have on the CGT and have u ever had any problems with it?

thx and see u around here,

st-A
Hi, I think I have around 700-800 miles on her. It's a little tough to get a lot of miles on any of the cars because between the weather conditions here in Ohio and wanting to drive each one equally, the miles on them will stay kinda low. The only quirk I can say about the Carrera is the clutch. I'm sure youi've heard this before, but she's a pain in the rear. I guess being ceramic and real light, it's a little hairy starting out in first gear. You really got to slip the clutch or you'll stall the car. I did it 2 or 3 times in heavy traffic making a turn. OHHH, that's real exciting. But... I've got it down pretty good now. More on her later when I do the individual IMOs. Michael
Old 03-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #66
redbaron
Regular User

Impressive collection. I'll hope you'll enjoy posting at Jabbasworld as much as we do reading it.

With such a recent collection I wonder which cars you've owned before? I thought dani posted this question before, but I couldn't find an answer exept of the Z8. Since there are so many question fired on you, I thought I'll post the question again
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:53 PM   #67
Shinigami
Regular User

That's cool, I'm pretty sure you'll make your parents proud *thumbsup*

I'm eager to read the SLR review, it's one of those cars I lust after, but will most likely never be able to afford unless I really hit it big. I'll keep trying tho'
Old 03-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #68
stmoritzer
Regular User

Default Re: I'm glad we're all communicating again!

Originally Posted by magwheel
..... everytime I get in any one of the cars, I just sit there with a huge smile on my face, because I'm in seventh heaven again. It's like I just got the car and I feel like a kid in a candy shop .....
I can imagine perfectly ; few month back my friend and I had the chance to testdrive a GallardoSE and a Murci during the IAA in Frankfurt and we had a big smile on our faces for two days

Originally Posted by Shinigami
VERY impressive collection you got there!

I think it's great that you have respect for your father and all he has been able to provide you, and I hope you'll carry on to show him that you respect his legacy, and still continue to be a true car guy *thumbsup*

It's such a sad state of affairs when some 'kid' with a rich father just takes things granted, and doesn't truly appreciate them for what they are. Unfortunately, I know quite a lot of people like this But you seem quite different, and I applaud that

Now ride em like they were meant to be ridden
Shinigami, I wanted to respond to you separately because of the subject. I learned early in my life that if you're good at something (sports, business, etc.), just be humble and shut your mouth. Sooner or later somebody will compliment you and it feels a lot better coming from them than outta your own big mouth! Actually, I must have been pretty humble even when I was born. When my Mother and Father picked me out (I was adopted), and I think the first words out of my mouth were: "Jeez.... out of all the other little babies, you picked me? Thank you Mom and Dad" Needless to say, I have a huge IOU to Mom and Dad that I hope I can fulfill before I go down for the final count! I guess I've had a pretty good start. I've made a lot of friends here on JabbasWorld and I've never met a single one of you in person! As my Dad would jokingly say, "not too bad for a little country boy!" Thank you for your compliment about Dad!
:good: , very good words from both of you, I second your opinions

btw, welcome again to JW :hello:

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #69
TransAm
Regular User

Wow, what can I say to you, Magwheel, that hasn't already been said?

Um, nice collection of cars.

I would imagine some of those beauties are easier to drive 'on the limit' than others, but they are all a blast to drive.

8)

As to your yearly insurance premium though, I don't envy that aspect of ownership

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #70
Shinigami
Regular User

Default Re: I'm glad we're all communicating again!

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
:good: , very good words from both of you, I second your opinions
Cheers

Yeah, sometimes it's kind of sad, but roughly half of my friends, even though they come from relatively wealthly (or in some cases, from very wealthy families), have their lives goind down the gutter because they're irresponsible. Also, in Switzerland (at least if you spent your life in an international school like I did), it's not difficult at all to end up having a fair amount of rich friends.

In general, my friends back in school were slightly younger then me (I tend to hang out with the younger crowd). Although I've been working for several years now, many of these people are only now at an age where they should be thinking very carefully at the kind of life they want to live. Instead, some of them have dropped from university/college and chose to take up booze, weed, or worse... and those who's daddies gave them cars, promptly crashed their 200,000chf beauties with little remorse, bragging about their next car they will get in order to replace the trashed one.

It's just a shame to think everything is there on a golden plate, you respect the life you've been given (and the chance) all that little bit less as each day goes by. I don't think most of these people will be as succesful as their parents were, they just won't have the smart business sense...

Good thing this is not the case with everyone. Just had a drink last thursday with an old friend of mine who in turn is taking over his dads work (he has just a week left of university, and then he's "free" so as to speak). Hid dad has two Ferrari's, plus another 8 cars (Audi's and stuff). But this guy too is extremely modest about it all, and I'm really proud of him for pursuing his dad's business.

Ah well... that's mankind for you and me, some know how to appreciate it, others don't *shrug*
Old 03-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #71
stmoritzer
Regular User

^ exactly, and ..

I'm pretty sure, the ones which appreciate it, will be the happier persons (happiness can't be bought)

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #72
Pehtren
Regular User

OMG, im really without breath this is breathtaking :shock:

Where can i start, missed the topic ops:

First welcome to JW, its really a place to be 8)

Then i can say what a great father you had, and it looks like that you really are a great guy, from this posts

And i continue.........now

I love the CGT its really a proper exotic sportscar, i love the sound and i hope you can make some vids, to pump adrenaline thru my venues.

Dont get me wrong but the other cars are so sweeeettt, but my favorite is CGT, is the car to own... 8)

Thanks for the pics hope to see them more, your precious

BTW......can i adopt your CGT
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #73
StanAE86
Regular User

Yep, that's one of my 5 dogs. His name is Whizzer and he's an English Labrador (I have 2 other Labs) and he's my Lambo guard dog. Like his brothers and sisters, they don't bite much, but they'll sure as hell lick you to death! :shock:
That's quite a claim you have there...FIVE dogs. If this is in fact true, I'd ask that you put up some custom pics of your dogs:

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31347

hahah. I'm just playing, of course...
Old 03-20-2006, 05:51 PM   #74
magwheel
Regular User

That's quite a claim you have there...FIVE dogs. If this is in fact true, I'd ask that you put up some custom pics of your dogs:

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31347

hahah. I'm just playing, of course...
:silly: Oh boy... here we go again! Instead of keys with their mug shots can I just show their rabies vaccination tags with each dog? Oh yeah, in about 15 minutes to half an hour, I'm going to post that McLaren SLR topic here and with a little help from TT and/or Jabba, I 'll be including some Hi-Res shots so if you're interested stay tuned to this channel. Heh.. heh..
Old 03-20-2006, 06:16 PM   #75
nthfinity
Regular User

I 'll be including some Hi-Res shots so if you're interested stay tuned to this channel. Heh.. heh..
you know I will be, Michael; really, it can be a chore to do up the photos and thoughts on the car; and every effort is definately appreciated

about your dogs; they are great, arent they! right now, where i'm at right now, we have a Great Dane, about 18 months old, and a Chocolate Lab; both are great dogs but the dane isn't like my last entirely... either my last Dane was incredibly smart, or this one is the real version of Marmaduke still a great people dog.