Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 09-19-2005, 02:09 AM   #1
StanAE86
Regular User

Default Updated Pics of the S4

An updated Custom Shot:

Side Shot: H&R springs with Koni adjustables:

My new lip spoiler:

Old 09-19-2005, 02:18 AM   #2
StanAE86
Regular User

Found the shots from before it was lowered:

The rest of the original shots previously posted:

Old 09-19-2005, 02:48 AM   #3
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

nice lookin car.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:58 AM   #4
StanAE86
Regular User

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2005, 03:42 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

Lowered it looks obviously cooler
Old 09-19-2005, 06:22 AM   #6
gis
Regular User

Nice looking car,i love that model of S4

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:08 AM   #7
ARMAN
Regular User

Lovely M5E34 ... and S4 is a great addition to your garage

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:14 PM   #8
StanAE86
Regular User

Brembo: The wing is a knock off. I got it on EBay from a guy that sells them under the name of Prestige Imports. He was great. He's a salesman at a used car lot and after several buyers asked him for the wing, he started getting bulk orders done. They are hard plastic and are pre-painted and pre-shaped and stay on with double stick 3M tape. I had to heat and warp it a little more to make it fit perfectly, but most of the shaping was done already. The cost was about US$135 after shipping. For anyone thinking about getting one, STAY AWAY from the cheaper urethane ones. The pictures they show are usually not their wing, but an OEM M3 wing. I started out with one of those and sold it. It's super cheap and very very flexible. There's no way you could paint it and make the paint stick over time, it'll start flaking...at $135, the hard plastic one, pre-painted is a steal. OEM M3 wings are like $300, I think.

Everso: The suspension is very tight. The car is actually a lot lower than I want, I'm scraping over everything and am having to drive like I used to drive with my Corolla that was tricked for race...a bit of a pain. I think I would prefer an Eibach Pro Kit instead, but what is done, is done. If it turns out to be very problematic, I may change it out and get the Pro Kit. I think the Konis help to keep it from getting too bouncy, since the suspension is pretty short. It's adjusted to about 3/4 stiffness. It still rides very smooth over most pavement, but when it gets rough, you definately feel it...the H&Rs are a bit extreme for street, in my opinion. Drop was rated at like 1.3(f) and 1.4(r) by H&R if I remember right. I'd prefer about .5 to 1" drop at the max.

The car also has a Neuspeed rear bar and I just put in an APR chip. The chip is worth its weight in gold. The car is very fast now. On California 91 octane gas, it's rated at something like 307bhp at 370(?) ft-lbs. of torque. Boost is upped to 14.7psi from the stock 7psi (I think) with a remap of the various curves. I also got the 100 octane "race" program that I'm waiting to try out the next time I go to the track, on November 11th! woo woo! Being in November, I have to keept hoping for no rain, no rain, no rain. Although it would be fun, I want it dry to really feel the difference with the 100 octane program...GoAPR!
Old 09-19-2005, 01:47 PM   #9
davide
Regular User

nice!

I'm a huge fan of Audi, S and RS models. So i'm very jealous of you right now

cool!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:16 PM   #10
sameerrao
Regular User

Stan,

I hate you! Hate you! Hate you!

You make my stock S4 look like a 90 lb weakling with your monster.

My car just passed the warranty period last month and I am now feeling the itch to upgrade. Hopefully I will resist it.

I personally think the car is a fat piggy and needs brakes and suspension improvements before power upgrades.

Are the engine temps any higher after the APR upgrade?

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #11
StanAE86
Regular User

Temperatures are still the same. I have not tracked the car yet, so I don't know how it will do there...I anticipate overworking the brakes - I hear it is a weak point on the S4. I may try to install better brake pads before I go though.

I got the ECU off Ebay for a very good deal. $510 with spare ECU. Regular price for two programs is like $710 from APR + about $500 for a spare ECU. Keep your eye out for deals, they are out there...just make sure you get the right ECU, there are several. I watch AudiWorld classifieds and Ebay.

I agree, generally with a car, I start with suspension and if needed, the brakes, before power upgrades, but the APR chip was a good deal. I was talking the week before to someone who wanted to sell me their APR spare ECU for $700. Except it was programmed for 93 octane that I can't use...so I would have to have had it reprogrammed for 91 octane. I'm glad I got this ECU instead. It already had 91 octane and stock program on it...so I had the stock reprogrammed to 100 octane since if I need stock, I'll just reinstall the OEM ECU. My first choice was the MTM chip...it's supposed to be the smoothest with best power gains. But I wanted the APR option of race gas (100 octane) since I plan to track the car once in a while...so I went with APR instead.

I was trying to get an ECS big brake kit (Porsche Big Red calipers), but the seller wanted too much ($1100, but it needed new rotors at $200 a piece), so, total on the used kit would have been like $1500. I didn't get it. I would have paid $1200 if he threw in new rotors...or $800 and I would get my own rotors. I kick myself for not bidding on a brand new Stoptech 332mm kit on Ebay that ultimately sold for $1650!

It's my daily driver and my true baby is still my M...so I don't want to spend lots of money on the S4...if a good deal comes by, I'll go for it...

Keep your eye on www.audiworld.com in the classifieds...there's stuff there all the time...