Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 05-06-2004, 03:18 AM   #16
Schwalbe

Wow, I always wanted to see a comparison between these two supercars.

Thanks a lot CarreraGtRacer for this one !
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:32 AM   #17
astonmartinandy
Regular User

I am now about to run to the newsie to go and buy the magazine! Brb..
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:00 PM   #18
No.1
Regular User

I have the magazine.. this is a great article written by Rowan Atkinson aka Mr. Bean

The McLaren is still the car to beat
Old 05-06-2004, 08:17 PM   #19
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by ice
I HATE how not ONE mention of the F50 or Enzo, which, although have a slightly different "take" on the ultimate sports car, are nontheless equal if not greater.
Personally, i think journalists are afraid to compare the GT and Enzo directly and with the MErc present, for one, I think no british journalist wants the Merc to be displaced, and also, the Enzo and Gt are both perfect, yet with different attitudes to achieve it.
If you hate it, don't read it, jerk. Atkinson was the author, and he felt those cars did not live up to the idea of ultimate sports-car, so he didn't include them, SO WHAT! It was his fucking article to write, there are countless articles talking about Ferraris...then one that doesn't include one and you get all bent out of shape, because, oh no...thy great Enzo is not mentioned. :roll:

The Enzo isn't perfect, not with that computer for a gearbox...

Almost forgot...great article! 8)

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:34 PM   #20
gucom
Regular User

THANK YOU my 2 favourite cars compared to each other
Old 05-07-2004, 02:39 PM   #21
Tomerville
Regular User

Nah, the king is the Carerra GT...IMO. I don't know what it is about the McLaren I don't like...perhaps it is because everybody seems to love it?

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:56 PM   #22
mrzonda
Regular User

The Macca is Mr Bean's car right?

I didn't read it yet, I'm waiting for my copy to come (it has to be imported). But I did look through the pics on the scan, and it looks to be a great article.

I'm hoping one day that evo gets them all together (CGT, Enzo, Zonda, Koenigsegg, SLR, etc etc) for one big test. They sort of hinted at having a test like that in the first few paragraphs of ecoty.

The beauty of having the Atkinson's McLaren is that they can use it as often as they like.
mrzonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:10 PM   #23
jon_s
Regular User

I think my letter was better lol

I enjoyed reading the article along with the rest of teh mag...yet another quality issue.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:37 PM   #24
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

Thanks! I just finished reading and I found it very interesting..I'm a huge Porsche fan..and I would have a hard time not choosing the McLaren F1 but for practicality reasons: the carrera GT being easier to manage on the road, I would probably have the Carrera GT...
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 05:16 AM   #25
Fluxlo
Regular User

Hmm...i wonder if the writer was a bit biased...after all he does own a mclaren f1.
Fluxlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 03:35 PM   #26
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Nothing can really dethrone the F1, unless come other crazy genius like Gordon Murray takes over Ferrari (or makes a company) and leads it close to bankrupcy to produce an uncompromised car to spank the F1.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:55 AM   #27
cikay1
Regular User

Ah man, this sucks man. I wish they had a copy of it here right now! Its suprising that i cant find a place that sells EVO in the city of melbourne after my newsagent stopped selling it. FOr whatever reason they stopped selling it here is beyond my understanding.
cikay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:32 PM   #28
CarreraGtRacer

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Nothing can really dethrone the F1, unless come other crazy genius like Gordon Murray takes over Ferrari (or makes a company) and leads it close to bankrupcy to produce an uncompromised car to spank the F1.
meh...Porsche can do it. for $440,000 they created a car that rivals the F1...imagine if they threw in another $600k.

The F1 still is king though and I accept that since that car is amazing
CarreraGtRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:57 AM   #29
rob_e1
Regular User

Rowan Atkinson owns an F1 but that was not his car. It was supplied by another (generous) owner. I think Atkinson's is maroon? Evo probably got the two silver ones for a better cover shot..

Given he obviously rates the F1 very highly (enough to actually buy one) the article comes across as very impartial and matter of fact.

He's a total petrol head - he also runs an NSX and drives in the goodwood revival every year.
rob_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:45 AM   #30
Kz
Regular User

MCLAREN F1 ROcks!!!! but so does the carrera gt
Kz is offline   Reply With Quote