Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

View Poll Results: The Future of F1... with out Schumi (what will happen)
Kimi and Ferrari will go on to win many championships easy 16 42.11%
Alonso already showed us he is a superstar with Schumi out, it is going to be easy for him (even with a diff team) 1 2.63%
UK heartthrob Button will win his 2nd race!!!! 2 5.26%
Robert Kubica - this guy is the future of F1 - wow his he going to be good! 4 10.53%
I don't care, no more Schumi, no more F1 for me. 5 13.16%
Everyone using the same tires means more action next year (don't know what is going to happen) 6 15.79%
Super Aguri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
Toronto
Regular User

Default The Future of F1... with out Schumi (what will happen)

so... ?
Old 09-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

You forgot Continous Battles between Alonso and Kimi
Old 09-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

well.... Alonso will have to deal with the McLaren reliability issue, and Kimi will have to deal with adapting to a new car that may or may not be superior.... but judging by this year.... it may be a to 3 yet again..

Kimi has it
Old 09-15-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i think that really, anything can (and probably will) happen.

Mainly i think Alonso won't have anyone to push him anymore so his times will be slower.

Kubica timed this perfectly. His times in friday practice have been consistent, and consistently fast. And he's proved that it's not a Friday fluke either. His 3rd race he takes podium (and holds it, no thanks to BMW, last time) and the fact that Schumacher is retiring takes alot of eyes off Ferrari and frees them up to watch Kubica.

I am hesitant to to say that this Pollock can mark F1 the way Schumi has, as this is way to early to say for sure. And half of one good season does not a legend make (nor does a single championship *coughvillenuvecough*).

I would however bet on seeing Jenson on podium alot more, if not on the top step at least 3 times next year, but i don't think he'll ever take a championship.

Granted F1 is now going to seem boring in comparision to past years but it's far from ruined.

Kimi and Ferrari....this could get interesting. Kimi's main problem the last few years has been that dreadful 'R' word (reliability) and hopefully Ferrari is the answer to it. I think that if Kimi can find his rhythm in the Ferrari before Alonso finds his in whatever car he's going to, then the Finn can keep the Spaniard at bay.

I would love to see a 3 way fight between Kimi, Alonso and Kubica.

given all the variables, and figuring in my math skills...i'm going to have to vote "I don't know what's going to happen"

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

It will be sad to roll into Melbourne next year and not see a familiar face up there. But F1 will go on like it did when Senna left us (under terrible circumstances) or when Mansell or Prost or others.

I believe there would be a shake-up soon with a lot of the older guys gone in the next 2-3 years (Trulli, Coulthard, Fisi, Heidfeld - not that old but not that special anyway, Rubens, Ralf) and lots of fresh talent been given a chance.

Thus the scene laid for us is the battle royale of Kimi and Alonso duking it out for the crown over the next few years while the newbies start to learn and improve and be in a position to challenge for a win.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Well Ferrari usually has the most powerful motors.. so as long as Kimi doesnt fuck up I think he'll take the championship..

Although I really think Alonso is good but not to sure about McLaren.. Should be interesting with out Schumi

Now what about Montoya in NASCAR
Old 09-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #7
pagani
Regular User

Maby the dutch f1 team will be the one to watch for the future.
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #8
TopGearNL
Regular User

The battling and fight in Formula 1 will never change, just the characters.

Who will battle next season for sure:
- Kimi Raikkonen (ferrari)
- Felipe Massa (ferrari)
- Fernando Alonso (mclaren)
- Heiki Kovalainen (renault)
- Jenson Button (honda)

And some outsiders yet interesting people:
- Lewis Hamilton (mclaren)
- Nico Rosberg (williams)
- Kubica (bmw)

And what about Spyker and Christian Albers? Next year they hopefully have a competitve car (thanks to Mike Gascoyne hopefully) and good engine (ferrari as the rumours go) so who knows what will happen next year?

It will definately be an interesting season

Old 09-15-2006, 08:27 PM   #9
racer_f50
Regular User

I keep my alliegance to Ferrari, even though I was pretty disappointed to see Schumi retiring.

Kimi's an excellent driver, though, and now being in a reliable car will really help his chances
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:49 PM   #10
ZfrkS62
Regular User

this is a very premature statement to make!! sorry but even if Kubica wins 1 championship in his life, I dont think he or anyone else can do for F1 what Schumi has done!!
first: LMFAO at your entire first paragraph. That ws the funniest shit i've ever read

second: i did say i was hesitant to make a statement like that, but remember, Schumi turned a few heads in his F1 debut and not when he had been in it for awhile.

While i doubt anyone is going to give him the credit he deserves, let alone has yet to earn, with michael being so fresh on everyone's minds i think he has the skills to pique the interest of alot of fans.

i'm not saying that Kubica is the next Schumacher, i'm just saying that the kid is good enough to keep an eye on.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #11
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ I mentioned Kovalainen, I think he truly is a new talent just like Hamilton
Old 09-18-2006, 08:43 AM   #12
Mattk
Regular User

Raikonnen, in my opinion, is not ready to win a title on his own. He'll have to hope the Ferrari is supremely dominant (like Renault in 2005) to have a distinct chance of winning. He'll be a top contender, along with Alonso, and perhaps Massa. I don't think Renault will be able to contend for the championship - not sure Kovalainan will make such large inroads in his rookie year.

Kubica is promising and could be a dark horse. BMW seem pretty strong, and will probably be highly competitive.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #13
jorge
Regular User

I would love to see a good battle between Alonso and Raikkonen in the next seasons, i think they are both fantastic drivers
Old 09-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #14
LEXION
Regular User

^Well, Alonso will blow up McLaren's engine because there weak and Kimi will blow up Ferrari's engines because thats what hi does...so...pretty boring battle

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:28 PM   #15
jenkF1
Regular User

Fraid I had to vote Button, but single tyre manufacturer and Kimi in a car that can actually get to the finish line means we're in for a great season!

Can't wait!

But it would have been good to see Kimi n Schu in equal machinery.

My prediction -Kimi runs away with it, Alonso's head is becomes SO BIG that it causes air intake problems with the new Macca, leading to more mechanical failures and a dissapointing year .

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote