Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 01-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #16
ae86_16v
Regular User

^ Well CES is next week so we will see. . .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #17
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by tuffguy
I'm starting to realize that GT5 is a polished up GT4... which I'm tired of playing.
Hopefully that will not be the case come release time.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

As much as I wanted a PS3 for GT5, I'm starting to realize that GT5 is a polished up GT4... which I'm tired of playing.
Even if GT4 was just a complete GTHD as it currently is, I would buy it in a heart beat...

Did I mention the fantastically real feeling and enjoyment thrashing the Evo IX around in 60" of 1080p is?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:02 AM   #19
ae86_16v
Regular User

The San Jose Mercury News just confirmed the leak for next week @ CES:

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-...vod-226561.php
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:37 PM   #20
tuffguy
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
As much as I wanted a PS3 for GT5, I'm starting to realize that GT5 is a polished up GT4... which I'm tired of playing.
Even if GT4 was just a complete GTHD as it currently is, I would buy it in a heart beat...

Did I mention the fantastically real feeling and enjoyment thrashing the Evo IX around in 60" of 1080p is?
Jerk...

(Yeah, I'm jealous of your setup.)
tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:21 AM   #21
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by acmarttin
Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Well what I think is that this will be just a "slimer" Xbox360. Like the slim PS2.

I predict this "new" and "improved" 360 will feature a bigger HDD, HD DVD STANDARD, 1080p VIA HDMI and Maybe intergrated wireless and bluetooth but other than the last two everything else will be in is what I predict along with maybe a thinner design.

Whats everyone else's opinion?
I hope you're right.

I would hope someone in Microsoft's office would stop and think "We wouldn't want to screw the 9 million people who have already bought one, would we?"
I hope I am wrong hehhe....but then again it might be because I am sorta a fanboy.

Originally Posted by 666fast
Well what I think is that this will be just a "slimer" Xbox360. Like the slim PS2.

I predict this "new" and "improved" 360 will feature a bigger HDD, HD DVD STANDARD, 1080p VIA HDMI and Maybe intergrated wireless and bluetooth but other than the last two everything else will be in is what I predict along with maybe a thinner design.

Whats everyone else's opinion?
Yea, it's what the 360 should have been from the get go. Fuckers.
Yeah really. I am VERY happy that Sony put HDMI in both versions of their PS3's or else they would be bastards just like Micro$oft. I have a feeling that HDMI and HD DVD WILL be in before the end of this year because if they want to compete in the HD era they cant/wont be able to win or even compete with Sony if they dont....now the Wii.....thats another story...hopefully everyone will just get tired....or else Sony and maybe MS are gonna be not in first place.

When's the estimated release date? I'm seriously thinking about getting this, Forza and Assassin's Creed (when it comes out).

Woohoo, 500 posts.
Well the ETA was supposly Q1 of 2007 but now people are saying Q2.
Also GT WILL HAVE to change their gameplay and by the looks of the demo with the including of hte drift mode and what not it looks like we are in for a treat. But hey just go for what you think will be better. Only time will tell. But like ae86_16v said we wil see at CE$. (Damn I love the $ $ymbol )

*EDIT*

Oh shit check out what I found!!!

VIDEO of this in ACTION! Looks like it might be true after all!!!!

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/...VpwzemjZKk.php

Also some people say it might be a hacker because there is the Linux penguin....you never know though.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:48 AM   #22
RC45
Regular User

*EDIT*

Also some people say it might be a hacker because there is the Linux penguin....you never know though.
This will simply alienate more people from Microsoft and the XBox360.

Consumers will not appreciate being forced to replace the XBox360 so soon after launch.

Very short sighted of Microsoft.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:49 AM   #23
tuffguy
Regular User

Thanks. Looks like I won't have to wait too long to make that decision.

I saw that video. People were/are suspicious because of the penguin and the ghetto connector.

Assassin's Creed:

In game:

It's supposed to come out for both the PS3 and the Xbox.
tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:41 AM   #24
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
*EDIT*

This will simply alienate more people from Microsoft and the XBox360.

Consumers will not appreciate being forced to replace the XBox360 so soon after launch.

Very short sighted of Microsoft.
Werd

If this thing is priced anywhere near the current Premium 360, shit will hit the fan.

I think they need to work on a way to convert current 360's to use HDMI. If it can even be done anyway, as I sure don't see how they would.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #25
rave426
Regular User

Folks, MS is not releasing this to be a new console for everyone to purchase. This is being realeaed because the current cpu runs too damn hot and this 65nm waffer is more efficient and cheaper to produce. It wont be any faster.

The HDMI and possbile inclusion of a 120GB HD is also a reason. And its a damn good reason especially because of the fact that it will probably cost the same or MAYBE a tad more than the current premium package.

If this is released at 400 bucks, it will make it harder on Sony to win this battle because of 120 Gigs and games look fairly similar because of developers with a 200 buck savings will look good to consumers.

I have this whole console war scoped out, and I could really type a lot of shit about it...........i just may start a new thread because I have a really massive theory thought out.

Short hand version - Right now Sony still has the upper hand, but if some developers for Sony decide to go the non-PS3-exclusive-route, then MS just may catch Sony in the middle of their dominance.

If i get time I will write my story.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #26
ViperASR
Regular User

I know that everyone is bitching now that has a 360 about the HDMI shit, and how the PS3 is better because the graphics are better and has the blu-ray and such. But to the casual gamer (like myself) who looks at games and price. Its all about marketing.

Also, its not like the new 360 will feature better graphics or a faster processer and such, so its not leaving the "old" 360s out in the dark. As some people have said, its the same as the "slim" PS2 and such, the "old" PS2 will still play the games that the "new" one plays.

I'm not that mad about the "new" 360 being released, thats part of the risk you take getting a console so early in its lifespan, it WILL be upgraded! Also, as a casual gamer, teh HDMI makes no difference to me, the only thing that upsets me is the cooler processer.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #27
TNT
Regular User

so what is wrong with the current output of the current 360? i understand the heat issuse, b/c i have a cooler fan that the 360 sits on and i put a digital thermometer at the exhuast fan and played a game of madden 07 with my dad. right after we finished the game the temp was 116 degrees F. :shock: but i have never had my 360 melt (aka feeze) during game play. but i know that can not be good for the life of the 360.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #28
Pimp Racer
Regular User

To clear somethings up.

Micro$oft is not releasing a whole new console, they are releaseing (supposly) a "better" and what it should have been from the beginning Xbox360.

I believe the reason why they are doing this is as TNT said because of the Heat, HDMI, and HDD issueies.

Also rave426 if M$ puts a 120gig HDD I think Sony will step up their game and put 60 gigs in the low end model and probably 100-200 something gigs (Hopefully) in the high end model or hell even better just get rid of both models and just have only one model. Although the chances of this are very slim.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #29
RC45
Regular User

The point is that the slim PS2 did not show up in 2000 when the PS2 was only a year old.

To release an XB360 now with extra connectors and upgraded components that are substantially better than the current model clearly shows M$ has no idea how to manage and make money from the "console market".

The console consumer (and there are many more millions of them than PC consumers) is NOT interested in buying a new box every year from the same vendor.

Period.

The argument FOR a console is that it is a simgle platform that is good enouhg to remain constant for 4 or more years - not somethign to be replaced every year.

M$ will alienate millions of potentail repeat customers if they fuck us all over wit a "better" model and no way to add the same connectors to the existing boxes.

Hard drive size is a moot point at this time as the PS3 is self-upgradable, not so with the XB360.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:11 PM   #30
inso
Regular User

imho xo is the best console at the moment, reliability has been quite bad, and if this 2nd edition has also the new spec gpu, reliability problems could be also solved. Late spring, early summer has been what i heard before for that to happen, well we will see soonish.

500posts
inso is offline   Reply With Quote