Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 01-05-2007, 09:55 PM   #136
Jabba
Regular User

and to be honest, for cheap as hell, as well, and that makes it all the more sweeter 0X
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #137
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Freaking awesome set-up Jabba! :shock: :shock:

I would do with a regular 40in HD TV... but these set-up are plain crazy!
Yeh, I remember you saying about your star war marathon dani, and I knew I could only give it a try over xmas when I have a few days off work.

I must say even with 13 hours sleep prior to the start of it, I was still feeling tired and uncomfortable at the start of Jedi, so I didn't really enjoy it as much as I should, so it seems my max is 5 films in a row really.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #138
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Freaking awesome set-up Jabba! :shock: :shock:

I would do with a regular 40in HD TV... but these set-up are plain crazy!
Yeh, I remember you saying about your star war marathon dani, and I knew I could only give it a try over xmas when I have a few days off work.

I must say even with 13 hours sleep prior to the start of it, I was still feeling tired and uncomfortable at the start of Jedi, so I didn't really enjoy it as much as I should, so it seems my max is 5 films in a row really.
I know what your saying, I did a marathon with Band Of Brothers and The Godfather once, I have to say couple of 6-packs do help
Old 01-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #139
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Good stuff guys.

I guess Im kinda HD too, but its just a monitor I do watch HD vids on it though.

Im sticking to CRTs and rear projection for a while, till there are enough HD sources in the cable. For now its not enough chanels to take the plunge here
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #140
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by twboy1999
i think ps3 looks better so far
Wait for DX.10
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:56 PM   #141
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by twboy1999
i think ps3 looks better so far
Wait for DX.10
DX10 and that game Alan Wake. Damn that shit looks soooo good!

Also watching all them films in one day is just crazy man! I think I would just fall asleep. I am loving that projector setup Jabba! My parents were thinking about something cheap around 1000 USD but my brother talked them out of a projector becuase the Tv is on at all times....even if someone isnt watching and then bulb would be gone within a year or two.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #142
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by goodduck
RC have you tried using google maps or google earth with the ps3 ... you would be able to see so much at one time :shock:
Thats a great idea! :shock:
Old 01-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #143
RC45
Regular User

Good idea. but may not work.. Google earth cretaes an enourmous cache - but will be worth a try..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #144
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Hey RC I know you dont wanna mess around with Linux but you should try the Debian Live Cd! It is a full Operating System on the CD.

It boots off the CD and doesnt install anything to the HDD. Should give it a try should be interesting. Also you saw my post about the running XP PRO on the PS3?

Damn I cant wait to get one hehe.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #145
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Hey RC I know you dont wanna mess around with Linux but you should try the Debian Live Cd! It is a full Operating System on the CD.

It boots off the CD and doesnt install anything to the HDD. Should give it a try should be interesting. Also you saw my post about the running XP PRO on the PS3?

But why would I want to do that? I ahve a PC for tinkering with = the PS3 is a toaster
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #146
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Pimp Racer

But why would I want to do that? I ahve a PC for tinkering with = the PS3 is a toaster
So you can be the coolest person with a PS3 on Jabbas World....oh wait I think you are the only person with a PS3 on Jabbas World. hehe The only reason why I would do it is to run emulators and if you do some downloading then download movies and then watch em straight from the PS3 to the TV rather than on a computer monitor. I just cant wait till I get it I will be like a damn mad scientist doing some crazy shit with it lol.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #147
Mers
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by acmarttin
I think that Playstation3 is just going through the same sort of bs that all launching consoles have to go through - the media hypes the system up before it's even out, talking about all the great titles that will be on it and all the crazy space age things the new hardware will be able to pull off. Then the company finds out they can't quite deliver what they said they would to the magazines, etc. the previous year. But then the console launches early anyway because delaying it another year would kill the company if their 2 main competitors have had next gen. systems out already for years in Microsoft's case.

So with the launch everyone's disappointed because the only game on PS3 that's any good that they couldn't get on their 360 Box is Resistance: Fall of Man and beyond that everything else is buggy.

A year ago I was kicking myself in the ass for spending so much money on a new HDTV so I could play my $400 Xbox "the right way." But now that stronger games (that were supposed to be launch titles ) are coming out it's becomming more fun.

Give PS3 a year and I think it'll shape out. That's when I'll buy one!
These issues are not launch "technology" issues, they are "legality" issues.. and SOny has chosen to not play along - the result is less funtional features than a PS1...
I think in about a year or so, this problem will probably be fixed..

Still, the Wii is a great gaming system. Very fun, but definitely for younger audiences, or ppl who don't hold a grudge against "cute" characters