Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #16
5vz-fe
Regular User

If GT5 is not an vast improvement over GT4, I think I will switch over to 360 and Fonza 2 this season
Old 08-04-2006, 04:15 PM   #17
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
If GT5 is not an vast improvement over GT4, I think I will switch over to 360 and Fonza 2 this season
I bought the 360 when it first came out and I must say the graphics were amazing. I only bought PGR3. The game was amazing I must say but I didnt like the kudos part. Just kinda weird. It had alot of arcadey type of feeling. I wanted Sim. Also at that time I dont think there was any news of Forza 2, So I sold it to a friend for 50 bucks more.

Pros and Cons on the 360 from my experience.

Pros : Great graphics.
Xbox live kicks ass!
A few small things here and there.

Cons:
I played for a long time so it got very hot and loud!
Load times were slow for all the nice hardware it has! (Well it was slow on PGR not sure about any other games.)

I only had it for less than a month. It was nice. I shouldnt have sold it though. Should have kept that and also a PS3 but oh well cant play both at the same time....or can I?
Old 08-04-2006, 04:31 PM   #18
bmagni
Regular User

with Forza 2 having Ferrari, Porsche and now Lambo, an improved reality and a Force Feedback wheel, my decision has already been made...
Since GT3 I've cared less about the series. I don't need to have 700 stupid cars if with 100 cool cars I have much more fun.

The only intresting game for the PS3 so far is Metal Gear 4...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #19
Toronto
Regular User

does anyone know any stores in the GTA that are pre-ordering the system cause, every place I call they they arn't doing it.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #20
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
with Forza 2 having Ferrari, Porsche and now Lambo, an improved reality and a Force Feedback wheel, my decision has already been made...
Since GT3 I've cared less about the series. I don't need to have 700 stupid cars if with 100 cool cars I have much more fun.

The only intresting game for the PS3 so far is Metal Gear 4...
Yes Forza 2 is gonna be badass no doubt. Just too bad I sold the 360 before I got a chance to play Forza 2.
Also to add to that list of cool games for PS is the GTA series much fun and there are a few here and there.

Originally Posted by Toronto
does anyone know any stores in the GTA that are pre-ordering the system cause, every place I call they they arn't doing it.
In the GTA? I guess in the Canada area? As far as I know Ebgames and Gamestop some are doing it some arnt. Play.com is but they ask too much. I heard FYE is doing it but not so sure since I didnt see it online, maybe its in stores only. I am trying so hard to find someone that will takes preorders on the 60 gig verison in my area that its starting to piss me off.

*EDIT*
I just rememered if you are from Germany or any of the surrounding countries you can Pre order it from Amazon with a game of your choice for free! Also Lik Sang has pre orders I think.

*EDIT AGAIN*
Here is a list I got from PS3 Vault where People are preordering from.

So far here is the list of GameCrazy stores and other retailers that are accepting pre-orders:

California:

Bay Area: $50 cash upfront to pre order PS3 Thanks Unknown!

Rosevill: $50 cash to pre order PS3 Thanks Matt!

Sandiego: $50 to pre order PS3 You can pre order the ps3 at main st. in alhambra california game crazy Thanks Meepers

From AVSFORUM:

Game Crazy - Simi Valley (Stopped pre-orders for now)
Game Crazy - Moorpark
Wherehouse Music - Simi Valley (Stopped pre-orders for now)
FYE (Stopped Pre-ordering)

Indiana

Hey, just wanted to let you guys know that the Game Crazy in Munster, Indiana is also taking reserves on PS 3’s for $50.00 down. Thanks Paul!!

Pensylvania: 4403 Southmont Way Easton, PA 18045 (610) 253-6998 is accepting PS3 pre order with $50 deposit. Thanks Deniz!

Virginia

The Gamecrazy in Fredericksburg, VA has been taking reservations for the PS3 for the past few months. Thanks Tim!!

MASS

From AVSFORUM:

FYE, Boston
EBGames, Burlington (Thanks DingoAce10)

MARYLAND

From AVSFORUM:

Funcoland, Montgomery Village Gaithersburg

Ohio

Game Crazy in Wooster Ohio is taking Pre-Orders $50.00 Down Thanks Rob!!

Just to let everyone know, I got my preorder yesterday, 1-31-2005, for PS3 at Game Crazy in Canton, OH Thanks Jeremy!!

New Jersey

ps3″s are being accepted for preorder at coconuts stores in NJ Thanks DR Blackout I can confirm also that Coconuts in New Jersey is taking PS3 pre-orders for just $50.00 down. Thanks Alberto

New York

FYE in Garden City, NY is accepting reserves for a minimum of 50 dollars + tax. Thanks Chris!

From AVSFORUM:

EBGames, Syracuse (call list only)

NORTH CAROLINA

From AVSFORUM:

FYE, Fayettesville (Cross Creek Mall)
Nevada

Available to pre-order at all gamecrazy”s in las vegas, nevada Thanks Nino!

NORTH DAKOTA

From AVSFORUM:

Software Etc. (Gamestop) Fargo, ND (Call list only) (Thanks DustyT)

TENNESSEE

From AVSFORUM:

FYE, Memphis (WolfChase Mall)

TEXAS

From AVSFORUM:

FYE, Houston (Thanks Stangs55)
FYE, Galleria Mall in Dallas, TX (Thanks JosephShaw)
GameCrazy, Garland TX
Utah

Game Crazy in Salt lake city, Utah has been excepting pre orders for the PS3, about a month or so ago, it is the standerd 50$ to pre order. Thanks Brock T.

From AVSFORUM:

GameCrazy, Orem

WASHINGTON

From AVSFORUM:

FYE, Tacoma Mall

CANADA

From AVSFORUM:

Toys R Us, Mississauga, Ontario
Toys R Us, Winnipeg, MB

AUSTRALIA

From AVSFORUM:

EBGames, Liverpool Wesfields, Sydney Australia

ENGLAND

From AVSFORUM:

ePlay, Worchester, Minimum £20 deposit

ToysRus.ca (Canada)

I went on toysrus.ca and they said that u could make a 50$ deposit to pre-order the ps3
Thanks Michael

Denmark

just wanna say that In Denmark we can preorder a PS3 in EBgames (in the shop, not on the web) for 50kr about 10$ I think. Thanks Thomas

For international folks who would like to participate in PS3 pre order, please visit LIK-Sang.com for more information. They are accepting Pre-order on PS3 as of today.
Preorder it to anyone who wants it to acoid this.

Shiny
Old 08-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #21
fabro_s
Regular User

So please tell me in other words, which one is better, 360 or PS3?

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #22
5vz-fe
Regular User

In what sense...games? hardware? reliability? accesorries? ...?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #23
fabro_s
Regular User

hardware, reliabiliy, which one will have better graphics????

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:38 AM   #24
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s
Most sites with lenghty article have said that on the hardware and graphics front, they should be about equal. They both have the plus and minus's.
Reliability can't be compared right now as the PS3 isn't out. But, if Sony's track record holds up, who knows.
Do the smart thing, buy the one with the games you want to play. Not which one you deem to be most powerfull. Who cares how pretty the game looks if it sucks? LOL
Old 08-05-2006, 12:41 AM   #25
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
In the GTA? I guess in the Canada area?
GTA stands for Greater Toronto Area.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:16 AM   #26
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Most sites with lenghty article have said that on the hardware and graphics front, they should be about equal. They both have the plus and minus's.
Reliability can't be compared right now as the PS3 isn't out. But, if Sony's track record holds up, who knows.
Do the smart thing, buy the one with the games you want to play. Not which one you deem to be most powerfull. Who cares how pretty the game looks if it sucks? LOL
Here's where Nintendo has a chance to reclaim the market.

Both PS3 and XBox360 are too pricey for occasional gamers to justify purchasing. Especially if there are only 2 or 3 games you want to play between the 2 systems.

Nintendo has a chance, with this new system to pick up the gamers being ignored by Sony and Microshaft. The gamers with lives outside of games.

Nintendo has always had a knack for making games that you can always come back to for a few hours of amusement (i refer to my Mario Kart 64 thread i made awhile back) rather than a life absorbing obsession.

If they come out with some decent racing games and FPS games (I'm talking a comparative rival to Goldeneye) then i can say i would probably end up buying the new Nintendo system over the PS3. Hell, i'll buy it for the next Mario Kart

But seriously, if you can justify apending 500 bucks on a system you maybe have 3-4 hours a week to use, then you either really like your material posessions, or are kidding yourself on how much freetime you have

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:29 AM   #27
evoWalo
Regular User

The thing with Nintendo is.... people have this odd impression that it is the video console of pre-schoolers. Sure a lot of games have kiddie themes but what video console doesnt?

Nintendo's decision to stick to SDTV (with the odd 480p in the mix) also makes more sense than moving to HDTV as it keeps costs down. Only a very few have a HDTV set making a significant feature & selling point for the 360 & PS3 useless.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #28
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
In the GTA? I guess in the Canada area?
GTA stands for Greater Toronto Area.
Doh. I get ya know. Just check out my posts on the first page I posted links I hope they help.

ZfrkS62 - I agree with you about the nintendo having a chance. But I got more than 4- 5 hours a week to play on the PS3 since I dont have a job. The only thing takes up my time is school.

fabro_s : For now the 360 looks like it has the best graphics. Mainly due to the fact that most games for the PS3 are also availbe for the 360 and develpoers probably just make a game for 1 platform and then port it for the other saving them time. For example Need For Speed on the 360 will look the SAME as the PS3 version according to an EA press release.

Like 666fast said it depends on what games you like. If you like PGR then get a 360 if you like GT then get a PS3. Just make sure you look at what games are availbe for which systems.

The main reason why I am getting the PS3 is I tricked my dad. I told him that its a Blu Ray player and also has wireless internet. So after a while of tricking him I get to buy it. Just gotta pre order it before my brother tells him not to get it He would never spend that much on a video game system.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:25 PM   #29
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Originally Posted by 666fast
Here's where Nintendo has a chance to reclaim the market.

Both PS3 and XBox360 are too pricey for occasional gamers to justify purchasing. Especially if there are only 2 or 3 games you want to play between the 2 systems.

Nintendo has a chance, with this new system to pick up the gamers being ignored by Sony and Microshaft. The gamers with lives outside of games.

Nintendo has always had a knack for making games that you can always come back to for a few hours of amusement (i refer to my Mario Kart 64 thread i made awhile back) rather than a life absorbing obsession.

If they come out with some decent racing games and FPS games (I'm talking a comparative rival to Goldeneye) then i can say i would probably end up buying the new Nintendo system over the PS3. Hell, i'll buy it for the next Mario Kart

But seriously, if you can justify apending 500 bucks on a system you maybe have 3-4 hours a week to use, then you either really like your material posessions, or are kidding yourself on how much freetime you have
The biggest thing Nintendo has over Sony and MS, is that they have always been very profitable even with a small market share. I'm sure they'll gain more with the low price comapred tot he Xbox and PS3 though. I myself plan on getting one!

I'm lucky if I spend 5 hours a week playing my Xbox 360 and my reason to buy i had nothing to do with material posessions. I bought it because my original Xbox and PS2 were dead, leaving me with no videogames to play! So I bought the 360 so I could play a game when I wanted. Once there are more games out, I'm sure I'll be playing it a heck of a lot more.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #30
nickthaskater

Keep in mind that nothing final has been shown from GT5, just modified GT4 code thus far (that's all Vision GT is). Polyphony did the same thing with GT2 code back when they were demoing the PS2, running an enhanced version of the GT2 code on the PS2's hardware.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote