Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 07-03-2006, 05:14 AM   #16
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by nickthaskater
'Mac poofta yuppi crowd' :roll:
dont be offended, its ok to be that way.
^^ werd..

hehehe

BTW, I am doing a lot of image and video editing (using all adobe ex-mac software) on my PC's and I can tell you straight up that the same apps are easier and more intuitive on the PC compared to the spastic one-button poofta mac mouse and system..
Admittedly, that single mouse button can get annoying. That's why I've got a 4-button 3rd party one ready for when I switch
Sir_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:35 AM   #17
evoWalo
Regular User

No, it's pathetic because he's a grown ass man stereotyping people based on a brand of computer.
here we go again. this'll be a fun watch.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:35 AM   #18
evoWalo
Regular User

mighty mouse isnt a single button mouse.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:50 AM   #19
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by evoWALO
No, it's pathetic because he's a grown ass man stereotyping people based on a brand of computer.
here we go again. this'll be a fun watch.
There won't be anything to watch, I've clarified my point, that's that.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
'Mac poofta yuppi crowd' :roll:
dont be offended, its ok to be that way.
^^ werd..

hehehe

BTW, I am doing a lot of image and video editing (using all adobe ex-mac software) on my PC's and I can tell you straight up that the same apps are easier and more intuitive on the PC compared to the spastic one-button poofta mac mouse and system..
Admittedly, that single mouse button can get annoying. That's why I've got a 4-button 3rd party one ready for when I switch
But the problem is that none of the mac-based software has an ability to us the other buttons,

Which, again, is why I have chosen to use all the video and image editing software I do on a WIndows PC (and have done so sine at least 1992... ) and NOT on a Mac.

There has been NOTHING I couldn't do on a MAc that I could not do on a PC cheaper, quicker and simpler.

Mac's are for posing pooftas ...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #21
SFDMALEX
Regular User

And....? :roll:

Tell me any other reason beside being a yuppie, a hair dresser to buy a mac?

Obviously you arent up on your technology so you just get its cause it looks pooftish like.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #22
nickthaskater

Some people prefer the Mac OS to that of Windows/Linux, and Macs do run some programs better. Less worry about viruses and such is also a bonus to people who don't want to have half of their lives engrossed with making sure they didn't just pick up some new worm or something.

It's like virtually any other product in the world, people have preferences, and given a choice, they'll take what they want.

And on a side note, I don't see how they look 'pooftish like', they're stylish and very appealing aesthetically to a lot of people (yes even people who aren't yuppies and hairdressers).
Old 07-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #23
nthfinity
Regular User

yes even people who aren't yuppies and hairdressers).
like who?

pros in the business?

nope....

there are better, more intuitive, and more optioned progs. out there on the PC.

if you buy a computer for asthetics, you arent buying it for what its built for. = poofta
Old 07-05-2006, 12:10 AM   #24
nickthaskater

I listed various other reasons aside from the aesthetics, I merely said that they were nice looking on top of those reasons.

And Macs can run the same programs PCs can, so there goes that argument.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #25
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Mate you do know you can build a PC to look like anything you want right?

I agree people have preferences, when I joke around I joke around man. I know why people sometimes prefer to use macs. i've been actively making money in the computer business since I was 12 years old. And wrote my first program when I was in grade 1.

But majority of the people who get macs get it as a fashion accessory, because it looks cool, because its different. Not because they need to use some program that work with is better off on a mac.

I know guys who play music (which I do to, and I have all the studio software running on my PC) and they want a mac because there is some program called "fruitloops" which is like an easy to use sampler and its available on macs only. And its basically an amateur, non serious mini audio studio.

Now I run Cubase SX3 and Sonar on my rig with no stability problems. And this is professional studio software.

Another mate of my'n is shopping for a new rig and he wants a mac and when I ask him why "I dunno man, it just looks cool, I like it".

Back in the day you needed a mac because adobe stuff was not avaible for PC. Now it as. As a mater of fact, I got a DVD with all adobe software on it. Like 20 programs.

A well set up, XP desktop can run flawlessly for a long time. Set up your firewall, and a good one, have a nice antivirus running in the background, not some norton shit, and download your windows updates.

professionally I dont see a reason to use a mac. My friend works in a design studio, and they are all slowly making their way to being a PC only studio.

At work we made some rigs for some TV channel, "Home and Garden Television" or something, for one show in particular. And those where PC machines.

Once a well setup PC will be as good and better then any equivalent mac at a much better price.

If you get a mac cause you just like it, get it fine. I just dont like when you got the yuppie poofta crowd who know fuck all about computer technology try to argue to me that their mac is superior in one way or another.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:19 AM   #26
nickthaskater

There are plenty of people who have PCs that only have them to look cool. Case windows, neons, and all of the other aesthetic modifications. Then you have the people with way more power than they could ever hope to use (hell most of them just play CounterStrike it seems), just so they can post impressive specs on their forum signature or wherever. There's just as many 'pooftas' in the PC crowd as the Mac crowd, get over it.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:19 AM   #27
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Besides there is basicly no professional engineering software for macs.

My dad is an electronics engineer and there is not one mac you will at his work. And they run programs that cost 20 000$ a license.

Not just because they arent availible for macs. But because even back in the day, you could wire a device to a serial port on a PC using a store bought book, and write a simple program in just about any language to control or program it.

Take the illegal satelite dish business. You program cards using your serial port.

Shit like this you just cant do on a mac. or not as easily as it is on a pc.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:34 AM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

I once tried to make use of one of my old macs

i was installing linux.... and it failed right then and there with an unhappy mac guy face.

i found it funny, and fustrating.

damn you MAC!

"what is the best way to accellerate a mac?"

"9.8 m/s/s"
8)
Old 07-05-2006, 02:00 AM   #29
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

if you buy a computer for asthetics, you arent buying it for what its built for. = poofta
Couldn't the same be said about cars? To only uses as transportation from Point A to B?

Or any other tool? Electronics?
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:00 AM   #30
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Originally Posted by nthfinity

Couldn't the same be said about cars? To only uses as transportation from Point A to B?

Or any other tool? Electronics?
Yep, but then he has nothing to bitch about so it's better to ignore that fact.