Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 AM   #151
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Plague View Post
3:10 to Yuma - 1/10
Great visuals, nice atmosphere, Superb acting, BUT the screenplay???? Long period of nearly nothing happening and then unlogical ending, trash...
Westerns aren't for everybody...

But I 100% disagree with your assertation that the ending was illogical.

Russle Crowe's character had grown through the course of the movie; and hints that the man wasn't "all bad" were layed down throughout the film leading to the ending. It is something that is lacking in a lot of today's movies.... Character Development I still think it was 10/10
Old 02-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #152
wolfganggt
Regular User

The last movie I saw was High and Low from 1963 by Kurosawa, and it was good (10/10). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_and_Low

Of the film's mentioned here that I've seen, Bourne Ultimatum was good (10/10). I completely agree that is nice to see a real movie once in a while (so sick of cgi). Super Bad was good (9/10), Knocked up was pretty good (8/10).

I don't have time for movies anyway. I spend way too much time watching TopGear
wolfganggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #153
LEXION
Regular User

Just saw this....JUMPER...theres a hot chick in the movie

7/10 --- not as bad as I tought

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #154
Plague
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Westerns aren't for everybody...

But I 100% disagree with your assertation that the ending was illogical.

Russle Crowe's character had grown through the course of the movie; and hints that the man wasn't "all bad" were layed down throughout the film leading to the ending. It is something that is lacking in a lot of today's movies.... Character Development I still think it was 10/10
Hey, I like westerns, the atmosphere is great and the movie had it really much. Yeah Character did develop, that doesn't bother me, but seriously... You are a killer, your killer buddy tries to rescue you, but you kill him instead because after years of killing you rather go to jail? Common...
Oh and he was a BASTARD to do this, why? Because if he would just leave, the rancher would still be alive and not dead like that (does anybody care about the family?) So this was just irrational development, just too much...
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #155
Plague
Regular User

Originally Posted by wolfganggt View Post
Super Bad was good (9/10), Knocked up was pretty good (8/10).
Yeah, Knocked up was nice, but SuperBad?? I couldn't watch it through, it seemed to me taht the film is just absed on bad language (and no acting) and nothingelse, but maybe I'm too old or something...
Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #156
LEXION
Regular User

Originally Posted by Plague View Post
but SuperBad?? I couldn't watch it through, it seemed to me taht the film is just absed on bad language (and no acting) and nothingelse,
+1

Not really a movie, just a fat and a skinny guy talking like 2 gypsies for 2 hours.

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #157
Plague
Regular User

Death Race 2000 - what a B movie, but great carmageddon was born there
Old 03-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #158
silentm
Regular User

Michael Clayton - a very good movie, a nice thriller. not overly complicated but i don't mind that

8/10
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #159
nthfinity
Regular User

There Will Be Blood

This movie reminded me A LOT of "no country for old men" but more dialog, and more character development...

7/10 and far better then NCFOM in my opinion.

Worth a rent for sure
Old 03-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #160
T-Bird
Regular User

Definitely, Maybe. Took a female friend to it.
Not horrible but not great.

Last movie I REALLY liked is Gone Baby Gone.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:48 AM   #161
r2r
Regular User

10,000 BC

One of the most disappointing movies of this year......last year......year before that......

...the most unfortunate thing is that it could have been a great film!
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:17 AM   #162
toffytofik
Regular User

"Awake" with Alba and Christensen.

Good one, pretty intense, acting was very good. And being a big fan of Jessica Alba i was surprised to see her playin such a bitch. All in all, i loved it.

I'd gave it 8 out of 10.
toffytofik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #163
silentm
Regular User

"Transformers" - man this movie had the potential to be the most ass kicking movie of last year, but hey they had to blow it with some weak and shoddy stereotypical characters... man i am glad i was able to fast forward during some of those horrible moments... but the action, wow so much ass kicking CG, that was well done!

this movie gets a 5.5/10 because i feel like 6 is too much but 5 isn't enough because Optimus Prime deserves more.
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #164
ae86_16v
Regular User

Equilibrium - w/ Christian Bale

Had never heard of this movie before, pretty decent action. Definitely recommended.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #165
silentm
Regular User

i think elquilibrium was a great movie. i can recommend it too.

but for some reason this is either a love or hate movie, my friends didn't like it at all for example

The Top Gear Wikiquote