Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 12-21-2006, 05:14 AM   #46
cooperluke
Regular User

Haven't seen it yet... with Christhmas and all.. I've been busy on weekends, and on weekdays, after work, I just wanna crash on the sofa after dinner.

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:55 AM   #47
gucom
Regular User

i saw it yesterday, i loved it, honestly one of the best Bond films ive ever seen IMO... i think its because it's no longer such an over-the-top boy fantasy film, it's more mature i think... and i like the grittier style of it too 8)
I can see why people feel it's not a proper Bond film since it's so different (btw License to Kill wasn't about world domination either), but i agree this is probably what they should've been like, Daniel Craig is a Proper Bond imo... and ow yeah Halle Berry's HOT
Old 12-31-2006, 07:32 AM   #48
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Just back from the movie, and I think it's a great action movie. The story is really Bond too, but the movie isn't all that. Sure, Daniel Craig does a good job playing an inexperienced 007, but he's just too much Hollywood! James Bond should be a British bloke, then the jokes will actually be funny! It's like letting Bill Cosby make Rowan Atkinson's jokes.. Also the commercials in the movie bothered me a bit, how about 5 mins of using Sony devices in the movie Where are the good old days when that didn't occur.. I hope there will be a next Bond movie, this time without Craig and without all those (all to obvious) commercial thingies, and with a proper British Bond.

In short: Great action movie, great Bond story, bad Bond movie.

0X
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:47 AM   #49
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by Stoopie
Also the commercials in the movie bothered me a bit, how about 5 mins of using Sony devices in the movie Where are the good old days when that didn't occur..
Not to mention the endless list of cars of the Ford Group that appeared in the movie: Range Rover Sport, DB5, DBS, Jag S-Type, XJ... even the next generation Mondeo!!
Welcome to the world of product placement. . . $$$. 8)

I thought Daniel Craig was British? No?
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #50
HeilSvenska
Regular User

he's just too much Hollywood! James Bond should be a British bloke, then the jokes will actually be funny!
He's English. And he's not that hollywood. The only other movie I remember him from is the first Tomb Raider. (I didn't even remember him from that, I read it from wikipedia)
Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #51
Z3uS
Regular User

^ he was in Spilberg's "Munich" if I'm not wrong...
That's true. He played Steve on Munich.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408306/
Z3uS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #52
HeilSvenska
Regular User

You get my point, though. He is turning Hollywood now, though.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #53
stmoritzer
Regular User

Also the commercials in the movie bothered me a bit, how about 5 mins of using Sony devices in the movie Where are the good old days when that didn't occur..
Not to mention the endless list of cars of the Ford Group that appeared in the movie: Range Rover Sport, DB5, DBS, Jag S-Type, XJ... even the next generation Mondeo!!
and several times a Bentley

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #54
Stoopie
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
With Craig being Hollywood I don't mean his star status, I mean his way of acting. It's just too american, Bond should be a stiff and chique guy, not this Rambo-like guy.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #55
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
and several times a Bentley
LOL!

But hey still better then Toyota or GM
Old 01-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #56
HeilSvenska
Regular User

With Craig being Hollywood I don't mean his star status, I mean his way of acting. It's just too american, Bond should be a stiff and chique guy, not this Rambo-like guy.
Interesting. Well, I still thought Craig's character was still better than cliché spewing and sarcasm drenched Brosnan's. :bah:
Old 01-03-2007, 05:27 AM   #57
Stoopie
Regular User

Interesting. Well, I still thought Craig's character was still better than cliché spewing and sarcasm drenched Brosnan's. :bah:
Isn't that what James Bond is supposed to be about? He's the gentleman killer, that's a cliche at its own

*edit: and yes I liked Brosnan better