Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Peugeot 205 GTi
subzero 14 18.92%
cool 42 56.76%
uncool 15 20.27%
seriously uncool 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #31
Cubits
Regular User

205 GTI is cool, but i may be a touch biased (i have a gunmetal grey 1.9 in the garage atm).

It's my favourite looking hot hatch of all time. The waistline which swoops from the rear window down to the headlight looks fantastic when it catches light, the overhangs are tiny, and the wheels are barely contained by the arch extensions. From a distance and low down, the car looks like a big-footed puppy straining at its leash.

Handling wise, my favourite FWD of all time. The steering is right up there with an elise, it makes integra type-r's feel muted. The suspension handles bumps better than modern hatches, whilst still offering razor-sharp responses. Also, the car has the ability to make understeer non-existant. You can oversteer by lifting, braking, or simply steering too fast (great technique). I've used mid-corner bumps to slide the car, it's that confidence inspiring.

Ooh, and i should mention that it'll outbrake a Porsche 996. Yep yep, fantastic car.

Cool too!
Cubits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #32
liveaxle
Regular User

Gutsy little pocket rocket with clean styling and great chassis.
Cool!
liveaxle is offline   Reply With Quote