Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

Old 11-22-2005, 05:56 PM   #16
chest3r
Regular User

I voted a lot of cars for Subzero because I can't say they're just cool. They're much more than that.
We should have a "Very cool" section so that I wouldn't vote so much cars as subzero section.

And we shouldn't submit so much cars for voting as we are doing now. In just 2 or 3 days we have a lot of topics and some of them have cars that shouldn't even be voted.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:00 PM   #17
Anonymous

Originally Posted by chest3r
I voted a lot of cars for Subzero because I can't say they're just cool. They're much more than that.
We should have a "Very cool" section so that I wouldn't vote so much cars as subzero section.

And we shouldn't submit so much cars for voting as we are doing now. In just 2 or 3 days we have a lot of topics and some of them have cars that shouldn't even be voted.
In whos opinion should certain cars not be there?? It is up to the admins and myself which cars get on the wall out of the suggestions, and it is simply your responsibility to vote sensibly. If it is very cool, it goes in cool, because it lacks something. As for the number the pace will slow, just trying to get a good number in each section
Old 11-22-2005, 06:24 PM   #18
chest3r
Regular User

We're voting in cars that we already know what everybody is going to say. And some of them are just normal cars. It's just one more.

I just said that because if there will be like 50 cars in the cool section they're not all just cool. You should do like TG. Some of them will be near the Subzero limit and others near the uncool limit
Old 11-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #19
Anonymous

We're voting in cars that we already know what everybody is going to say. And some of them are just normal cars. It's just one more.
Not the first clue what you're Jibba Jabbering about there

I just said that because if there will be like 50 cars in the cool section they're not all just cool. You should do like TG. Some of them will be near the Subzero limit and others near the uncool limit
That becomes a problem in that for particualrly lo res users (800x600) they will have to scroll miles across to see groups of cars just on the edges stacked up, basically is is a recipe for wasted screen space. As the wall fills up it just won't be practical IMO
Old 12-28-2005, 10:47 AM   #20
Shinigami
Regular User

Some car makers only make cars of one "rateable" type. For example, Ferrari makes cars which I think are almost all in the upper category, whilst Kia might make cars that are almost all in the lower category.

Can't really spread them out WITHIN the constructor, because you cannot give a car from a certain manufacturer a subzero status in order to even it out within that companies lineup of cars.

If the company doesn't make a good car, it simply doesn't make one. Just my two cents.