Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 06-15-2005, 05:34 PM   #46
TT
Regular User

They just find a way to have 20 free test drivers. Even better, 20 test drivers that will actually pay Ferrari instead of the other way around
Old 06-15-2005, 05:39 PM   #47
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Ok... I see the point but IMO, if they wanted to produce a model from zero... they have already done the Maser MCC, which is more or less the same than this Enzo FXX.

I think they have been really smart in Maranello... Developing a car like this is a really expensive thing nowadays with lots of electronics, the wind tunnel, science fiction compounds... so let's sell 20 prototypes for 1'5 millions each... and then we'll have enough money to develop the next F60...

These "client test drivers" is just bullshit. Bertolini, Badoer, Gene, Schumacher, Rubens... they will offer real fedback to the engineers, way better than the possible information than a rich 50 year-old businessman can offer IMO.
Yep, you got it.

One thing though... This car wasn't developed from scratch. Far from it. It's just a conversion really... But I don't think it's just for money. It will be a good way to make research for the next Supercar without spending money - in fact, they'll make money. Smart move if you ask me.

Of course that, as you said it, the buyers won't have anything to do with the feedback provided by the FXX, that's just to make them feel "bigger", but it's nevertheless a good way to try new ideas. Free R&D, I'd call it.

All this aside, I love the damn thing. It's just brutal...

Can't wait for a video!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:40 PM   #48
DeMoN
Regular User

Now I can see them pics and WOW that looks mean! I see some Pagain Zonda in it. Great car! Wonder how it sounds.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:42 PM   #49
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
Ok... I see the point but IMO, if they wanted to produce a model from zero... they have already done the Maser MCC, which is more or less the same than this Enzo FXX.

I think they have been really smart in Maranello... Developing a car like this is a really expensive thing nowadays with lots of electronics, the wind tunnel, science fiction compounds... so let's sell 20 prototypes for 1'5 millions each... and then we'll have enough money to develop the next F60...

These "client test drivers" is just bullshit. Bertolini, Badoer, Gene, Schumacher, Rubens... they will offer real fedback to the engineers, way better than the possible information than a rich 50 year-old businessman can offer IMO.
Yep, you got it.

One thing though... This car wasn't developed from scratch. Far from it. It's just a conversion really... But I don't think it's just for money. It will be a good way to make research for the next Supercar without spending money - in fact, they'll make money. Smart move if you ask me.

Of course that, as you said it, the buyers won't have anything to do with the feedback provided by the FXX, that's just to make them feel "bigger", but it's nevertheless a good way to try new ideas. Free R&D, I'd call it.

Can't wait for a video!
Actually when I said "from scratch", I wanted to say they didn't take some roadgoing Enzos and modify them in some FFX. Of course they start with the same base, but at a certain point of the production line, the Enzo takes left, the FFX right
Old 06-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #50
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by |Nuno|

Yep, you got it.

Can't wait for a video!
Actually when I said "from scratch", I wanted to say they didn't take some roadgoing Enzos and modify them in some FFX. Of course they start with the same base, but at a certain point of the production line, the Enzo takes left, the FFX right
I was actually talking to dani, but I understand what you're saying (and you're correct).

I was just pointing out that, exacly. They're not "all new", but not "old" as well.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:12 PM   #51
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by TT
You hope it is the F60? This is the Enzo FXX, a racer version that will be used for further developement..
in the FXX, the XX can act as a variable, so that it will be the F60 later on, dont u think so ?
BTW, cant see the pics...
You are partly right since the knowledge gained by the testing of this beast will be exploited in the F60's development.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:18 PM   #52
TT
Regular User

Yeah ok, even if the knowldge gained with the FXX will go in the future Ferrari supercar, the FXX is still the FXX also the 288 GTO Evoluzione was used to develop the upcoming F40 but it was "just" a 288 GTO Evoluzione and not an F40
Old 06-15-2005, 06:19 PM   #53
RC45
Regular User

Maybe the Romans are trying to tell us this the Ferrar 20..

If they want it to act a place holder, they better pay Microsoft some royalties -- and on that note, you sure you want to have this super-Ferrari thought of as just another bandwagon named "X" product?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:19 PM   #54
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Yeah ok, even if the knowldge gained with the FXX will go in the future Ferrari supercar, the FXX is still the FXX also the 288 GTO Evoluzione was used to develop the upcoming F40 but it was "just" a 288 GTO Evoluzione and not an F40
Yeah, that's for sure. I just meant they were closely connected (hence "partly" right - not the best choice of words I reckon ).
Old 06-16-2005, 12:35 AM   #55
bmagni
Regular User

the looks arent that bad, the white things make it look not so good...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:34 AM   #56
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by TT
You hope it is the F60? This is the Enzo FXX, a racer version that will be used for further developement..
in the FXX, the XX can act as a variable, so that it will be the F60 later on, dont u think so ?
BTW, cant see the pics...
You are partly right since the knowledge gained by the testing of this beast will be exploited in the F60's development.
thats what i meant, this is a prototype, sold to this clients that are gonna help develop future cars, as tt says this is just the FXX, but later on, starting from here and with some changes, it can turn into F60,.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:41 AM   #57
saadie
Regular User

yeah ... thats exactly what i meant ....... but FXX would look and sood cool .. lol
anyways ... lets wait and see .... i just hope they the lights .. they are ugl and non-aerodynamic ... just might kill 1 km/h ...
Old 06-16-2005, 04:25 AM   #58
gobs3z
Regular User

The XX's in FXX could be the experimental symbols for the next supercar just buy looking at how they name aircraft, but beside that have you ever seen brakes fill a wheel like that before, they look like they are at least 16" rotors which is utterly insane IMO, i dunno why no one has mentioned it.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:02 PM   #59
EnzoLover
Regular User

Very strange car ....

At first sight is very anormal .... but fast !!!
Old 06-16-2005, 07:23 PM   #60
sentra_dude

I did a little bit of work to the FXX in PS, because, IMO, the wheels Ferrari choose are not suited for the purpose of the car at all, and that massive white stripe ruins the lines of the car.

I think it looks much better with all black racing-style wheels.

What do you guys think?

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote