Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-03-2005, 02:25 PM   #31
chest3r
Regular User

That's a really sad situation. Dreaming with a car all his life and now that the dream comes true, it only gets problems :x :x

But I'm sure he will buy the GT again...... I don't think he will buy a Ferrari. But in the same situatuin I would do it ...... a F430 Challenge Stradale
Old 07-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #32
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
That's a really sad situation. Dreaming with a car all his life and now that the dream comes true, it only gets problems :x :x

But I'm sure he will buy the GT again...... I don't think he will buy a Ferrari. But in the same situatuin I would do it ...... a F430 Challenge Stradale
I wouldnt be so sure. from what ive read in the latest TG mag, he seems to be quite set on the F430. I'll quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
This month my long-awaited and much-delayed Ford GT arrived in Britain, which would certainly be a cause for much whooping and celebration. But unfortuenately, I went to see it just 24 hours after i drove Ferrari's new F430, which is undoubtedly the best car ever made.

You may find it terribly funny that ive publicly bought the wrong car.

Better than a Ford GT? Of course it is. It's better than everything.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:06 PM   #33
SilviaEvo
Regular User

yeah he seems set on buying that F430 i dont blame him though its a beast of a car! wonder what his kids will do to it
Old 07-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #34
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
mabey Jezza will buy a C6 Z
Why not buy a bathtub on wheels, or make that a jacuzzi
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:18 PM   #35
DeMoN
Regular User

I too get attached to cars, however, it takes more than a couple of months. I think Jeremy wants to have a Ford GT, just not that one. If I were him, I'd ask for anotherone and deal with the alarm later. Actually, he has a DB9, hell, I'd keep that!

DB9 surely isnt helping him think about the ford.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:50 PM   #36
gtx28
Regular User

Why not buy a bathtub on wheels, or make that a jacuzzi
very funny isnt it time for you to go play some hockey or have a molsen aye?? lol
gtx28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #37
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by dangerously_cool
My SRT has nada.
Truer words were never spoken

I think Jeremy should ask for it back, then go fit another alarm. Roush fucked up. Ford made a great car. However, taking into consideration the TG article, you never know...

Jeremy does have a fondness for the prancing horse

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #38
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Sick Boy
But it was only the alarm.
yes but have a car with a bad one and it pisses you off unbelievably, interupting your sleep etc. Also if you are constantly lied to by incompetent people who can't trace and fix a relatively simple sounding fault that is bound to put you off a car. I think that is the main crux of the issue. It may seem petty but spend that much money and you expect to be treated better than that.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #39
coloradosilver
Regular User

What a shame for Clarkson..In this case I would say that the car itself isn't the point. It would be the same for any of us who finialy get the car that you've always wanted and dreamed of and then had horrible problems with it. He said that he actually cried when it left his house for the final time. I sincerely feel sorry for that man. It's the kind of loss that only a true auto entheusiast could ever understand.

Ford should be ashamed for allowing substandard parts to be used on their uber-spare-no-expense super car.

Poor Clarkson! :cry:
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #40
5vz-fe
Regular User

Ford should give second thought in extending the service of Roush. I didn't see Leno bitch about the car, so I assume his mechanic or Ford NA fixed his car alright. Is long distance call / emailing really that hard :roll:
Old 07-03-2005, 04:53 PM   #41
pharzo
Regular User

Well my understanding is that Roush only services the british GT's, and Leno has a private mechanic as you said

RC45 about the Z06:
Old 07-03-2005, 06:06 PM   #42
gtx28
Regular User

Well that and there is no way Leno would end up in a rental when hes got 80 some odd other toys to play with.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:46 PM   #43
chest3r
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
This month my long-awaited and much-delayed Ford GT arrived in Britain, which would certainly be a cause for much whooping and celebration. But unfortuenately, I went to see it just 24 hours after i drove Ferrari's new F430, which is undoubtedly the best car ever made.

You may find it terribly funny that ive publicly bought the wrong car.

Better than a Ford GT? Of course it is. It's better than everything.
I didn't knew about that article.

The best car ever made !?!?! :shock: Better than everything ?!?!? :shock:

I knew the F430 was a great car but I never thought seeing a journalist saying this. Now I'm really anxious to see the TG test.

Now I believe he probably would buy the F430, but there's always a chance of seeing him in the GT again
Old 07-03-2005, 07:53 PM   #44
dangerously_cool
Regular User

You know, his fame, beside being a double-edged sword for Ford Europe with the return, helped him quite a bit. Getting a GT for MSRP is an amazing deal, especially with my dealership--stealership applies best here--trying to get $300K for it.

With how much he loves Ferrari, he should switch to it anyway, especially with the service base it has in Europe.

The GT is also, like he said, not designed for the tight confines of Europe's city roads. It's width, and gas guzzling tendencies cripple it. The Ferrari--though a gas pig as well--is designed for Europe, and suffers from fewer ailments. Ford rushed the GT, and it shows. I spoke with a dissatisfied GT owner who switched to a Chrysler SRT8 because his coolant line repeatedly came off.
dangerously_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:24 PM   #45
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by dangerously_cool
I spoke with a dissatisfied GT owner who switched to a Chrysler SRT8 because his coolant line repeatedly came off.
From $250,000+ to $43,000? This seem strange to anyone else? :roll:

RC45 about the Z06: