Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-03-2005, 06:09 AM   #1
Anonymous

Default Jeremy Returns his GT

OK so i put it in here cos it'll get more views probably, if its wrong somebody slap me and move it

Just got the sunday times to read jezza has returned his gt, i'd scan it but its too big to do easily so heres the next best thing

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...677058,00.html
Old 07-03-2005, 06:20 AM   #2
ARMAN
Regular User

Dumb Ford :roll: Thats the worst piece of publicity he will get in years imo 8) Jereme will sure remind everyone this everytime he will speack of fast fords

Thanx for link AL

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:29 AM   #3
Anonymous

You never know Ford may pull thier finger out and fix it properly, and jeremy may get it back.... with compensation i would hope. Honestly If they can't even fit an alarm properly that doesn't say much for the company involved (not Ford directly) Maybe Jeremy is just too tempted by the 430 I would be, much better looking than the 360, and supposed to be a great drive. Notice they gave him a DB9 like he suggested on Top Gear on sunday too
Old 07-03-2005, 06:29 AM   #4
Fleischmann
Regular User

DAmn...that's sad to here...such an icon has to loose it's glamour because of a few incompentent people. LOL...poor fella...he's sure going to get ripped on by hammond and May.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:22 AM   #5
topgeartom
Regular User

I reckon he'll buy it back, he still seems to be attached to it.

One thing is for sure, if he doesnt buy it back, he'll be taking his £135,000 to the local ferrari dealership and buying an F430. A car that i imagine, wonjt go wrong quite so often!
Old 07-03-2005, 07:23 AM   #6
dangerously_cool
Regular User

This is why I don't like Benzes, Bimmers, Audis, and the like. Too many possible electronic gremlins.

My SRT has nada. Just a car alarm, front power windows, and a radio. Nothing to get in the way of the drive. Ford, take note. Oh, it has that nice whistlemaker in my avatar.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:01 AM   #7
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by dangerously_cool
This is why I don't like Benzes, Bimmers, Audis, and the like. Too many possible electronic gremlins.
How can you compare these manufacturers to Ford :roll:

The problems with the car are with the alarm and immobiliser.... hardly cutting edge tech... virtually every new car has an immobiliser and alarm as standard. They don't go wrong, why should it be any different in the GT.

I'm glad Jeremy has got rid.... it's like James May said of the countach.... childhood dreams are best kept that way, because the reality is nowhere near your expectations.

I'm sure we will see Jeremy in a 430 very soon now 8)
Old 07-03-2005, 09:03 AM   #8
dangerously_cool
Regular User

Fuel injection is well tested, it's been around far longer than iDrive.

When absolutely everything inside the car is computer controlled, it's going to be a lot harder to repair than it would be a mechanical counterpart. The Prius is also going to have its share of problems down the road--in addition to those it already has. Think of the interdependence these electronics have. When your radio is controlled by a knob that is run electronically, you have a much greater problem when the electronics malfunction than if your radio or navigation were to malfunction.
dangerously_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:11 AM   #9
Anonymous

Thamar, you're a Belgian. Shut the fuck up you savage fucking twat. Fuel injection is well tested, it's been around far longer than iDrive.

When absolutely everything inside the car is computer controlled, it's going to be a lot harder to repair than it would be a mechanical counterpart. The Prius is also going to have its share of problems down the road--in addition to those it already has.

You're also calling me an idiot when your command of the English language is startlingly weak. You have no idea how much effort it is taking me to restrain my temper. I'd rather not get banned though.
yeh and ECU's never have problems :roll: funny i know plenty of people who have problems with them. No new or newish car will be without its problems. I also disagree with you saying his english is shit, you rude little asshole, just remember you speak american from what i've seen How is the fact he's belgium relevent, you sir are top class buffoon.

Thamar, you've not the right to be so uppity, your command of the language we're using is very weak. Fuel injection is well tested, it's been around far longer than iDrive.

When absolutely everything inside the car is computer controlled, it's going to be a lot harder to repair than it would be a mechanical counterpart. The Prius is also going to have its share of problems down the road--in addition to those it already has. Think of the interdependence these electronics have. When your radio is controlled by a knob that is run electronically, you have a much greater problem when the electronics malfunction than if your radio or navigation were to malfunction.

You have no idea how much effort it is taking me to restrain my temper. I'd rather not get banned though. Suffice it say, however that child molesters like you should be purged. Look at your avatar. Now tell me you don't have thoughs of touching little children.
Editing your rudeness will not save you when i'm too quick Also calling thamar a child molester, you sick little fuck, if it was me in charge i'd ban you immediately. And if i was thamar seek legal redress for your unfounded accusations
Old 07-03-2005, 09:13 AM   #10
dangerously_cool
Regular User

I try not to subscribe to that speak "American" bullshit. I've enough people saying that to me in my own country. American is more a dialect than a language anyway, and even that is giving too much credence to it.

I was in the process of editing that when you replied. You beat me to the punch by mere seconds.
dangerously_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:16 AM   #11
Anonymous

You bastard, I try not to subscribe to that speak "American" bullshit. It surprises me that someone outside of this damned country would say something like that.
ooooooh but you're dangerously cool you are, i'd better shut up then........ i was joking , everyone speaks a different dialect across the country let alone in others BTW i just spoke to my mum, she said technically you're wrong

I was in the process of editing that when you replied. You beat me to the punch by mere seconds.
should think before you post then
Old 07-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #12
dangerously_cool
Regular User

Technically wrong insomuch as what? I realize my actions betray my screen name, but dangerously_angry didn't occur to me at the time.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:19 AM   #13
Anonymous

Technically wrong insomuch as what?
as in bastard :roll:
Old 07-03-2005, 09:21 AM   #14
Roadster44
Regular User

dangerously_cool, unprovoked personal attacks of that kind WILL NOT be tolerated.... first warning to you
Roadster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:21 AM   #15
dangerously_cool
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
should think before you post then
My anger wells up too fast. Imagine what happens when I've even less time to respond?

I was reading up on the forum to take my mind off other things. The idiot comment annoyed me. I snapped. I apoligize.