Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-02-2005, 07:11 AM   #16
DeMoN
Regular User

It has to be officially tested with the guys from the guiness to officially beat McLaren, till then GOOO McLaren!!!

I dont like the looks of the Koenigsegg except when the doors open.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:16 AM   #17
saadie
Regular User

FINALLY !!!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:39 AM   #18
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

edit: Woops i didnt read production car record, as Calloway isnt Production car but still it hit 411km/h
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:08 AM   #19
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Originally Posted by ferrari550
on the mclaren f1 top speed video, the driver says 391KPH, so whatever that works out to be.
The digital speedometer thing in the McLaren was slightly mis-calibrated, and indicating higher than actual. The F1's is officially 240.1mph, independently verified at the VW track.

Pretty impressive, although it'd be better if they could beat the record by a little bit bigger margin...as it stands the difference could be a result of conditions, I'd like to see a more resounding margin of victory for the CCR.
It wasn't mis-calibrated, the McLaren speed was the average speed of both side of the track to take wind into account. It really hit 391 but the average speed was 386.
Anyway the CCR speed is impressive, it could make even more on a straight line I think.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:09 AM   #20
mv
Regular User

I've never thought the Egg was gonna make it as some of the tests were a bit unsatisfying...Hail the Egg.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:01 AM   #21
mindgam3
Regular User

Congrats to koenigsegg!

Although I still don't think they're chassis is as sorted as the competitors given that the CC8 was roughly had the same time as the zonda even though the zonda has 100bhp less....

Even so, IMO its a stunning car, i'd prefer a macca, but would the the CCR over the veyron anyday
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #22
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Well, only the Koenigsegg could beat the 9ff... so it's not that surprising, it was just a matter of time. What I like now is that the record holder, the Koenigsegg, is a "real" manufacturer car, not just a tuned version of another car (as the 9ff).
And I'm guessing that Koenigsegg don't remove their sidemirrors when they go for a record..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:36 AM   #23
bmagni
Regular User

So now more and more people are gonna like the CCR and will start calling it the ultimate car !!! hahaha
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #24
T5
Regular User

One of the ultimate cars,but not the ultimate one.
You see in this type of cars performance is so good,that what metters is beauty,sound and fun, when you drive something like this.

I prefer the Ferrari F40 or the Mclaren F1,but the CCR still is a better car, a true supercar.

This car for me is a "Sweedish Rocket".
T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #25
|Nuno|
Regular User

Couldn't care less about top speed records but still, congrats to Koenigsegg.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #26
Fleischmann
Regular User

It was abvoius this car would be the fastest and it was just a question of time. The koenigsegg may win the speed title, but the Macca wins my heart. 10 years it took them (how long did the modded Porsche hold the record for?? A week ?? LMAO ) Now it's the Veyrons turn...
Old 03-02-2005, 04:58 PM   #27
gobs3z
Regular User

You also have to remember that when the McLaren did it's record run it wasn't done in street trim, as i recall the rev limiter was raised and so was the gearing. The konig did it all in street trim with how you would buy it from the factory but with extra weight from a roll cage and safety equipment.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #28
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
You also have to remember that when the McLaren did it's record run it wasn't done in street trim, as i recall the rev limiter was raised and so was the gearing. The konig did it all in street trim with how you would buy it from the factory but with extra weight from a roll cage and safety equipment.
IIRC, the Macca's limiter wasn't exactly modified... it actually can be removed automatically via satellite. All the driver has to do is phone up McLaren and tell them he needs the limiter removed. The current boss of Bugatti usually does this apparently.

I'm still unconvinced by the Konig though. I've spoken to a few people who have personally driven the Macca (one of which is a stunt director), and the most telling description they gave was that the Macca wasn't particularly frightening. It simply did as it was told... very easy to drive.

Which isn't what I hear about the Egg.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:40 PM   #29
findleybeast
Regular User

I'm not surprised that the CCR was able to break the record, but I am very impressed that it did it at Nardo. I'd love to see what it could do at Ehra Lessen.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:02 PM   #30
mike_sayer
Regular User

That's fucking awesome, nice of Koenigsegg to finally back up their claims, but man they gotta put it somewhere straight and max it out properly. Also good to see them not doing what the 9ff had to recently, applying duct tape to all the shut lines, etc.

Hopefully, they'll go all the way and see what that car can really do...

mike_sayer is offline   Reply With Quote