Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-31-2005, 02:24 PM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm
Grr. I just wrote a long post and lost it somehow (probably pressed ctrl instead of shift) in response.

Man am I pissed off now and have given myself a custom title just for today!

I'll come back later - needed to google for some pics of interiors anyway...
used to happen to me way to often... nowadays, if i feel a post is too long to retype... i just control+a then control+c what i wrote... then its not really gone unless my computer goes bugzerk... which it doesnt really do
Old 12-31-2005, 02:33 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

^^ Notepad is your friends...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #18
nthfinity
Regular User

^^ Notepad is your friends...
only with my truly large posts... and yes, notepad is better then Edit (built in dos text editing tool)
Old 12-31-2005, 04:30 PM   #19
skituner
Regular User

here a few of my fav's

aston martin DB9

vovlo s40, its really plain but i really like it

carrera gt

skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:21 PM   #20
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

I love the new 997 interiors, although the ergonomics are a bit fussy. the alfa 159/brera interiors are perhaps the best interiors ive seen for under 50 grand, the older bmw interiors are excellent but the new ones have started to g a bit cheaper. audi interiors have superb quality and sublime ergonomics. but the interior that really impresses me this year is the one found in the new lexus im sorry, you guys may find the car dull and such, but it EXTREMELY well put together. the interior on my old rx300 felt the same way, just very plain in comparison.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:03 PM   #21
Sir_GT
Regular User

Hmmm... IMO, you can rate a car's interior as great if it properly fits the following criteria:

1) Character - The interior should match the purpose-slash-character of the car. Purposeful car? Purposeful interior. Retro car? Retro interior. Futuristic car? Futuristic interior... and so forth.

2) Quality of materials - it's one thing for the interior to "look" good, but how does it "feel" or "smell"? Does the leather feel soft to the touch, or does it squeak? Does the interior smell fresh when you open the door, or does it reek of sun-baked plastics?

3) Ergonomics / Design - accesibility, ease of use, and display design really work hand-in-hand. The Rolls-Royce Phantom's interior hides all the not commonly used switches most of the time, but if you need them, all you need to do is tap something here or there. Very elegand, very minimalist. Very relaxed.

A Porsche on the other hand, displays everything you need right there so to speak, so that you don't waste any time trying to access what you were trying to do.

Old 01-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #22
ae86_16v
Regular User

Simple, plain, functional is all I am asking for. Buttons to be logically placed, and no cluttered.

One of the nasties interior is in the new 997 Porsches, I haven't been in one personally, but it just seems like way too many buttons. Another car I don't like is the DB9/AMV8 's interior, it seems way too "BLING".

I always do like the center console to be angled towards the driver though. More like a cockpit. (Older BMWs, all the new ones are flat.)

With that said, all I am really looking for is a good steering wheel, and a nice feeling shifter.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #23
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Simple, plain, functional is all I am asking for. Buttons to be logically placed, and no cluttered.

One of the nasties interior is in the new 997 Porsches, I haven't been in one personally, but it just seems like way too many buttons. Another car I don't like is the DB9/AMV8 's interior, it seems way too "BLING".

I always do like the center console to be angled towards the driver though. More like a cockpit. (Older BMWs, all the new ones are flat.)

With that said, all I am really looking for is a good steering wheel, and a nice feeling shifter.
how about three properly placed pedals?
Old 01-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #24
1zippo1
Regular User

All VW's have a reall dark plastic look to it in standard trim.
However, if you upgrade to higher more expensive levels of a model they usually are very nice. Clean and purposefull.

The new Passat has a nice interior IMO.

I like the audi interiors too, preferrably in Sports trim. The A6 got red interior lighting in the dooropeners for instance.

I dislike Saab interiors in general, too black. Volvo on the other hand is very nice, I like the floating centre console in the V50.

Porsche makes real nice interiors too, again purposefull, typical German mentality.

And one of my favorites is surely the BMW Z8. Superb seats, fantastic styling!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote