Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 11-29-2004, 02:15 AM   #16
740 TTI
Regular User

:shock: Simply Amazing, I wish I could find the time to do that, must be such a great feeling when it is finaly done
740 TTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:17 AM   #17
740 TTI
Regular User

:shock: Simply Amazing, I wish I could find the time to do that, must be such a great feeling when it is finaly done Shame the site take a while.
740 TTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:06 AM   #18
deth
Regular User

holy crap.............this guy is impressive...the engines work too!(see note below) check out http://www.wworkshop.net/. that's his homepage. he's built numerous other cars and they sell at auction for between 500-12,000 GBP :shock:

PS. in the vid of when he has teh engine running, does nebody else think its justs dubbed over?
Old 11-29-2004, 03:15 AM   #19
komotar
Regular User

holly shit, that's absolutley amazing!

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:15 AM   #20
Vansquish
Regular User

Unbelievable...I can't believe he put all that work into such a small car! This reminds me a bit of the Ferrari 312 PB at 1:8 scale (I think it was 1:8 at any rate) that that French guy made and who JC interviewed. The only major difference was that if someone was actually small enough to drive it, the car would actually drive as the engine worked.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:20 AM   #21
extraducksauce
Regular User

i just don't get it. i would rather spend my time building a replica that i could drive. that's just me.

i guess that's what happens when you don't get laid. lol.
extraducksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 05:21 AM   #22
stradale
Regular User

Incredible talent and skills that man has. Gerald Wingrove is a legend in the model car world.

Thanks for the link! It was great to see exactly how complicated it is to build such a detailed model from scratch.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #23
ARMAN
Regular User

What a detail :shock: I guess he made it only to make that final photo to show his buddies..."Elsa, got that shot?.. Ok, throw that junk in the trash and come, lets post that pic to guys"

Originally Posted by extraducksauce
i just don't get it. i would rather spend my time building a replica that i could drive..
the difference is in amount of money you got 8)

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:06 PM   #24
s4racer
Regular User

Very very nice!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
s4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:21 AM   #25
homemade wrx
Regular User

he could really benefit from a CNC machine....I think the miniature ferrari that actually runs is better though...just my opinion
homemade wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:47 AM   #26
adamk24
Regular User

This is absolutely insane how detailed he gets. Seriously there is not one thing I can think of, that he could do to get them any more realistic. Be basically built a new car, only in minature. :shock:
adamk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:24 PM   #27
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by homemade wrx
he could really benefit from a CNC machine....
This is your age speaking.. the fact that you are a product of the "instant gratification" generation...

The true nature of craftsmanship is in the fcat that WITHOUT a computer programmed milling machine he was able to produce this masterpiece...

Originally Posted by homemade wrx
I think the miniature ferrari that actually runs is better though...just my opinion
Again - it's a shame that true craftsmnaship is lost on many people these days...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:51 PM   #28
mazmazmaz1
Regular User

man this is unbelievable. never seen such dedicated art work. guess building a real car wouldnt need such efforts and time. but i have to confess he is a genius.
mazmazmaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:42 PM   #29
BADMIHAI
Regular User

This is awesome! It looks life-size. Fucking insane! :shock: 8)
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote