Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 02-24-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
tanelvali
Regular User

Default Official Ferrari Formula One Collection - La Storia updated!

How many of you, jabbasworld users, will buy the entire collection? I will get all of them and first 2 i will get next week.

UPDATE: REVIEW OF THE IXO FERRARI LA STORIA COLLECTION ITEM:

Outer box.

Box opened reveals nice metallix book-like box:

Booklike box:

Booklike box opened:

NB! PLease be careful when opening the box, the model is loose in the box and not attached to the bottom of the box.

All contents of one La Storia collection item:
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

I will buy a few select pieces only. I guess its a good idea to get the whole collection as they come in a nice book like wrapper. But as I already have some of the cars that they are offering, I would be selective.

I am interested in the Jean Alesi F93 Ferrari car and the 88 Ferrari car and a few others. I want to buy the D50 that is available today.

The prices of the La Storia pieces are about $15-25 more expensive than the equivalent IXO, Art Model, etc, pieces that are already available.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
tanelvali
Regular User

From local dealer i get La Storia items for 35 USD. And as I have seen the detail of the 2000 M Schumacher La Storia model.. it is in most EXCELLENT detail.. For 20 usd maybe some model may be available whch is comparable. But the metal case around the model and anothe box around it.. its all quite nice.

I only have 1 F1 ferrari from 2001 from HotWheels, so i think it is a good chance to get the whole collection.. Hopefully I have funds for it as I am buying IXO Ferrari collection also ai the moment.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:03 AM   #4
tanelvali
Regular User

Pictures added in the first post!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
tanelvali
Regular User

That is absolutely true and it crossed my mind also. It is a bit uncomfortable not to have them in display cases.. So there is limited possibilitis to expose them.

I am planning to order huge airtight locker made out of glass, where i can expose both F1 and other models and dont have to be concerned about the dust. It is going to be rather expencive i am afraid, but i shouöld manage with 500 eur i hope. And ofcourse this would come to my very own home (at the moment i am living in a rented apartement).

But yes, this M.Schumaher shown here and anotherone (J.M. Fangio 1956) are the first 2 models of the series and i intend to get them all. To see the other one just click my collection link in my signature.

Greetings!