Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default 944 S2 totalled, I am fine but lost a friend

My friends, I don't know if it's a good idea to go public this soon, but honestly, as I always say, I consider JW part of my family. Nerdish, I know, but it's like that after years together!

I'll make it short because I had to explain what happened so many times in the past 24 hours.

I was coming back home from Gstaad after the Bonhams Ferrari sale with this friend of mine, actually a brother for me, and my best friend since years.

Overtaking a car I lost the back of the S2. Dunno why but the road was slippery. no snow, ice or water on the tarmac, but probably a mix of salt and other shit made it slippery because when I tried to re-enter the right lane the back snapped to the left. Tried to catch it but it was too bad sadly and fishtailed. Hit the inside wall, started to slide down the opposite lane with the car perpendicular to it. An A3 was coming at speed (80 km/h speed limit there) and could barely start braking. His my car VERY hard right into the passenger door.
When I woke up and managed to breathe again I quickly noticed I was ok but not my friend. The car was as crouched as you see inthe worst pics on the net or papers on the right side..

Long story short, he was still alive there, was heliported to the hospital but he left us there.

Long story short because it's really shattering to live this thing again and again.. I spent the day with cops, telling my version, waiting for news from the H. when they came, they were terribly wrong. And when he died of course I sort of became an assassin.
Dunno how you call it in english, it's an omicide because you were not careful, something like that. When a passenger in your car dies, the justicy has to consider you like this. Now the police and tribunal will do their investigations to understand the degree of culpability I had in this thing, but well, to be honest, these are mere details today.

Yesterday I lost my best pal, the kind of friend you always think about when you do something funny, the kind of guy with whom you spend countless hours doing anything, the kind of guy that will leave an hole in my heart nothing will ever fill.

Again, I am fine, so far I can deal with it but memories keep going back to those short moments when I saw the A3 ramming into us, when I finally came back to reality and understood my friend was probably gone.

If you have questions I'll try to answer them, but please, understand yesterday was the worst day of my life, something I hope you guys will never experience in first person. Awfull, really bad.

But let me end on a positive note: life despite all this shit is worth to be lived. Even the most terrible things can happen, but we just have to keep going on, looking forward for what's coming next. I am suffering. Badly, but at the same time I realize I can't stop here and crounch on myself waiting for the pain to go. It would never go away alone. It's up to me to make it part of my soul and my life and go back to normal life asap.

Sorry for posting such depressing message like this, but if even a single member would stop for a moment, try hard to imagine how I could feel right now and maybe avoid an accident in the future, it's something good.
Even if, let me stress it, I wasn't driving like an idiot.. but still...

Be safe guys! I'll try to behave like I always did, here on JW. This is part of my life too, ence I want to deal with it (outside this topic maybe) as I always did.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
TopGearNL
Regular User

I am so sorry TT

I don't know what to say...

My condolances, be strong TT!

My thoughts go to you and the relatives of your best friend...!

May he RIP :cry:

Rory.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:31 AM   #3
pterps
Regular User

I am so sorry to hear this TT, I wish you and your friends family all the best in this difficult time.

Peter

As Finishing Touch, God Created The Dutch..
pterps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:31 AM   #4
philios55
Regular User

I just hear it TT and i feel very bad for this.
I'm sorry for your big loss :cry:
Old 12-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #5
Mopsdrops
Regular User

My condolances, I don't really know what to say, what a bad situation, I wish you strenght and good luck through these bad days for you, and you know Jabbasworld will support you Sometimes bad things happen to good people, as long as you know it wasn't your fault, these things could happen

I wish you the best, keep strong !
Old 12-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #6
Wutputt
Regular User

Matteo, this is very sad news! I can only imagine just a tiny part of what you're feeling right now! We don't really think about it, that such horrible things can occur, when we step into our cars, but no one wants to face what you're going through right now. My condolences to his family, you and other friends!! And I wish you the strength to face the though period you're going through.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #7
TransAm
Regular User

Sorry to hear about this TT, when I read the post title I thought you meant your S2 was the 'friend' that you lost.

Everybody's thoughts will be with you I am sure.

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #8
pzgren
Regular User

this is really bad news mate.... i'm very sorry for you, this must be like hell
my condolances for your friend! RIP

i guess there are no right words in this moment....
Old 12-17-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
komotar
Regular User

My condolences.

My thought go to his family and you... I hope you'll be ok.

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:52 AM   #10
gucom
Regular User

ow shit im so sorry to hear this... my condolances on ur friend, may he rest in peace, i hope he had a good life?

Good luck with all that's coming at you now, our thoughts are with u...
Old 12-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #11
Skaala
Regular User

so sorry to hear this. my biggest condolences. my thoughts tonight will be towards all affected by this.

thomas
Old 12-17-2006, 12:00 PM   #12
abbor
Regular User

I'm so sorry to hear about this TT..

You have my deepest condolances....
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #13
TT
Regular User

Thanks everybody for the warm replies. They greatly help!

Originally Posted by gucom
... i hope he had a good life?
He had, but at 26 he also had so many plans for his future
Old 12-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #14
nthfinity
Regular User

OMG

may your friend rest in peace; my condolences and thoughts are with you, and his family.

This is something I have in the back of my mind too when doing some of what I do. This must be the reason why the exotic cars/owners I know don't drive on salty roads... even dry salty roads. Thankfully you are ok. I lost a friend just after HS to cancer; so I know some of the same feelings... It is good you are keeping as positive as you can.

Hopefully this will never happen again to you, nor to any of our other brothers here at JW.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:41 PM   #15
MC12
Regular User

Damn, im so sorry for your friend and you and let him rest in piece. 26 is quite a young age :cry: . My condolences are with you and his family. I hope you will be fine