Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 12-14-2004, 02:12 AM   #1
lakatu
Regular User

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY ST-ANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday st-anger. Everyone at JW and PC want to wish you a happy birthday and express our gratitude for the extreme sacrifices that you make for those at JW and everywhere else you come in contact. I can’t tell you how much I have learned from my brief association with you. The funny thing is that the most valuable things I have learned isn’t about Porsches or automotive physics, while I certainly have learned a lot in this regard from you, but how to treat others and show genuine kindness. Let me use a few illustrations to share with you and others what I mean.

For those of you who aren’t aware of this st-anger is spending his birthday and Christmas holiday in Africa providing much needed help. Normally, because I know st-anger is a modest person and likes to down play what a great person he is, I wouldn’t publicize this but he has referred to the work he does in Kenya several times ( http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...185513&#185513 ) so I hope I am not out of line mentioning it here again. I bring it up because personally, a sacrifice like that puts things into perspective for me and is one of the best examples I can think of, of the true meaning of the Christmas season.

Let me mention one other example, although I could go on and on. There have been several times when I have made an error in the things that I have posted ops: . Usually when that happens here or anywhere else the person who notices makes a big deal about catching the other person in an error. Not st-anger. Instead whenever that has happened, st-anger casually points out my mistake to me in private in a PM.

That kind of level of caring for other peoples feelings is what st-anger is all about. I’m sure that is the reason that he spends so much time at JW providing material and information, because as strange as it may sound he really cares about all the JW members.

Well happy birthday st-anger and enjoy the time together with your wonderful wife this holiday season. I truly appreciate the time and sacrifice that you have made in creating PC and I as well as everyone else can attest to the fact that it isn’t the same without you. We all look forward to the time next year when things will be back to normal and we will be able to learn a little bit more from you .

I thought everyone could wish st-anger a happy birthday and express their appreciation for all that he does by adding their thoughts to this post. Since st-anger will be away for a while he most likely won’t see this for several weeks so feel free to add your well wishes long after today.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:28 AM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

Happy b'day mate! Have a great 2005!

You are one of the pillars around which JW is built upon - thanks for your untiring efforts!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:41 AM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

what lakatu said about St.-Anger caring about the JW members is no joke. When i had a few questions about some of the deeper areas of JW, as a noob (not about the Vault) he took the time to send me a lengthy and thurough response that answered baisicly all my questions, and even gave me some much appreciated encouragement.

He is one of the reasons i've rooted myself into JW, and continue to anchor my position (whatever it may be at this point ) on this killer site 8)

so, i raise my beer to St.-Anger and shout HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Thanks for your advice and hope you enjoy your day!

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:49 AM   #4
cho_888
Regular User

happy birthday! to a truely important member of our forum
Old 12-14-2004, 05:26 AM   #5
dropot2
Regular User

Happy birthday st-anger from Catalonia! I hope you spend a great holidays with your wife...Have a great 2005!
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:48 AM   #6
AlienDB7
Regular User

Happy birthday st-anger! Hope you have a great time with your family
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:07 AM   #7
Jabba
Regular User

Happy Birthday from Jabba...thanks for all the hard work that you have put into JW.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:31 AM   #8
bmwmpower
Regular User

happy birthday to you
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:51 AM   #9
detsan
Regular User

Happy birthday mate!
We are truly blessed by your presence here.
Thanks for all your insight and work.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:02 AM   #10
Anonymous

Happy Birthday keep up the great work on your fantastic little piece of JW mate! Hope to see you back on JW as soon as other commitments allow, in the mean time lakatu is doing a good job looking after it for you
Old 12-14-2004, 08:10 AM   #11
Chingachgook
Regular User

Happy Birthday mate ! It's also because you that now I love more and more and more Porsches ... all started with your endless topic, and now I dream GT3, Carrera S and so on
Old 12-14-2004, 08:28 AM   #12
stradale
Regular User

Happy birthday m8, all the best for you, your family and friends...

I couldn't resist congratulating you in your own special way.

Thank you for your amazing efforts! Come back soon!
Old 12-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #13
Wutputt
Regular User

Happy b-day, st-anger!

And thanks for the great effort and work you put in PC here on JW!!
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:50 AM   #14
Vansquish
Regular User

Happy B-day man, enjoy it and thanks for all the effort you've put into JW, you help make this place what it is

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:47 AM   #15
TransAm
Regular User

alles Gute zum Geburtstag, st-anger!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote