Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 11-30-2004, 11:37 AM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default The basis for the "Orange Bird" ?

Can't wait to see this in unlimited form...

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:43 AM   #2
blah
Regular User

loook at those rear wheels, what are those 315s?
Old 11-30-2004, 11:55 AM   #3
bmwmpower
Regular User

yes, they are brutal, but doesnt look too good to me
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

Isnt'a RUF still someway a Porsche?
Old 11-30-2004, 02:47 PM   #5
findleybeast
Regular User

interesting position for the rear air intakes

sweet car either way

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:00 PM   #6
lakatu
Regular User

I have noticed recently that people have become careless :roll: in where they are posting their material to Porsche Central. As most of you know st-anger has created posting rules that he believes will organize the material in a way that will be useful to users of Porsche Central. See http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12420

When st-anger left he asked me to try and see that those rules were followed. While many people do not agree with those rules, I think that JW members should do what we can to follow them. We owe st-anger a great deal for the extensive sacrifice of his time to create Porsche Central and large portion of its content. Much of this sacrifice actual is unseen and goes without recognition or notice. Personally, I think it is disrespectful to not make an attempt to follow these posting rules.

In saying these things I don’t mean to assign any blame to individuals. Nor do I wish to discourage anyone from posting their material in Porsche Central. In fact I am thankful for everyone’s contributions and appreciate the efforts that you have made to share with community members here.

I realize that many times people that have posted here have gone to great effort and time to create their posts and that by posting in the “sticky” sections their posts are sometimes missed or overlooked. I can sympathize with the desire to post outside of these sections were your post will be more visible. I have discussed these and other related issue to the posting rules with st-anger and I can tell you that st-anger is also very much aware of these issues. However, st-anger, and myself included, believe that the organizational benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

I think most everyone will agree that there is a sense of friendship and community at JW and more specifically at Porsche Central. Respecting others wishes is the foundation of getting along as a community. As a result, I would respectfully request that everyone make an effort to follow the posting rules that st-anger laid out. I would appreciate others help in positively 8) encouraging people to follow these rules and in helping them better understand what they are exactly.

In an effort to avoid singling people out I will make this a “form” post that I will post each time I feel people are not doing their best to follow these rules. Additionally, I am starting with all posts on or after October 17, 2004.

In order to maintain the organizational structure posts that are made in the future will be moved to the section they should have originally been posted. In the past the moderators have taken the time and effort to ensure that the original poster received credit for the moved post. Unfortunately, we are announcing that from this point forward we will no longer be able to devote the extra time and effort to give credit to the original poster. Therefore, if you want to receive the credit and recognition for the contribution of your post please take the time to learn were the post should go. Otherwise the moderator that moves the post will receive the “credit” for the post.

Hopefully everyone will understand the intent of this post, which is to respect Porsche Centrals founder’s wishes for how JW members post in his section. If by chance your are offended by this please PM me so that I might have a chance to clarify what I am trying to say and resolve any conflict as this is not intended to offend anyone. Also, PM if you are confused as to where your post should have gone. Additionally, you could post any questions for discussion about the posting rules to the sticky that explains what those rules are at http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12420 .

Thank you everyone for your help on this matter .
Old 11-30-2004, 05:51 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Rules schmules...

I considered this "Car Chat" worthy as it might have got more exposure... blame TT for putting this is the wrong section...

And for what it's worth - trying to be too unoffensive and PC ussually results in such a clinical delivery it ends up being what was trying to be avoided..

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:18 PM   #8
Stikz
Regular User

nice looking porsche, needs new wheels though.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 01:01 PM   #9
oantob
Regular User

the RUF Rt 12 is a high performance sports car, there are three different performance 530 bhp, 560 bhp, and 650 bhp and max speed of more than 220 mph
the tires are 255/35 ZR19 front and 345/25 ZR20 rear...

Old 05-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #10
crayzayjay
Regular User

My colleague has ordered one. I'll take pics and hopefully some video clips when it arrives

Should also be going out for a ride in his R Turbo S sometime soon

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote