Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 11-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #46
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ Interesting Pterps, what happened then did it explode or something? :shock:
Old 11-28-2006, 04:21 PM   #47
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Originally Posted by ViperASR
^^^
lol

That does suck that all these enzo's are being crashed like this though. Obviously the "weak" spot on the enzo is between the passenger compartment and the engine bay.
Why is that the weak spot? Has it not occured to people that the car may be designed to brek into two pieces, so that the havy engine goes one way, and the driver in his safety cell goes another way?

EDIT: just read the rest of the thread and I see that the above has already been mentioned.
Actually I think you guys are all full of crap.. the car wasn't "designed to break into 2 and safely go their seperate ways".

I suspect it is rather a by product of the materials and design, not BY design..
I agree, thats why I was talking about steel bending and carbon fibre shattering

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #48
philip
Regular User

In an ideal situation the driver and passenger cabin should be rigid and the strongest part of the car. Drag racing seems to have this figured out as they have the strongest cocoon for the driver.

Since it is the strongest part, in a most serious accident, it should be the only whole part left over. Parts leaving the car, I do believe disapate energy and lessen the g forces on the occupants. In drag racing the engine compartment by design separates from the driver cocoon on purpose as the engine and fuel is dangerous to the driver.

I would suspect the Enzo is designed indirectly to separate in this way. It is primarily the result of the cabin part of the car being stronger than the other parts. The designers had a choice to make the connection between the cabin and the engine as strong, but elected to not add this extra weight to keep something potentially dangerous attached to a car obviously in serious trouble.

That my view and this is as ususal out my ass.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #49
LEXION
Regular User

are there anymore pictures taken by that cam? or the live video.....

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote