Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #16
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Just as bad as Florida banning swinging nuts on cars. What the hell is going on down south?!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #17
philip
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield View Post
Idiot, I think that's a bit harsh, why would a community have such rules, it sounds to me like the other residents are nitpicking and have nothing better to do than pick on the new people on the estate.

What if he was driving a bright pink impala low rider with gold wheels and a yellow interior, is there something on the tenancy which lists that?
Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame and moral outrage, this is his.

Most new subdivisions have very restrictive deed restrictions. No clotheslines, must cut your grass every week etc.

My subdivision has a tree preservation clause. You can cut every tree down on your property if you hate trees, you just can not do it to build a new house.

My favorites are in Phoenix, where the color blend of the rock in your front yard (in place of the grass) must be "just so".

Usually this same story is about a retired purple heart Viet Nam veteran in Florida who moves into a neighborhood that prohibits flagpoles and of course puts up a flagpole.

The bright pink impala low rider with gold wheels and yellow interior is what you buy to spite the subdivision for bitching about the pickup.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #18
mogwai
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip View Post
Most new subdivisions have very restrictive deed restrictions. No clotheslines, must cut your grass every week etc.
Pretty soon developers will be dying for anyone to be moving into their subdivision the way housing here in the states is going.

mog
mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #19
Pokiou
Regular User

HAHAH

and to think:
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? hahaha

i think he should tell them the oath he has taken and his rights.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #20
Mattk
Regular User

^Actually, it's not really his land. He just owns a percentage of the entire land that the estate covers. The estate is run by the homeowners' association which sets rules, and assisted by professionals which deal with maintenance, security, etc. The same goes with apartment blocks. Any rules can be set. Abiding by them is compulsory.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:09 AM   #21
Lightbane
Regular User

He should go out and buy an allowed truck thats many years old. Then let the damn thing rot in his driveway. Maybe paint a big middle finger on it.
Lightbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #22
graywolf624
Regular User

Actually, it's not really his land
Ummm.. No.. Your confusing Condos/Appartments/Town homes with homeowners associations. He owns the land.. no if ands are butts. There is a restriction on the deed that means he has to follow the rules of the homeowners association. It does have restrictions and requires voting of majority of members. Abiding by them has limits, they can be challenged in court.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #23
philip
Regular User

Generally in Texas a homeowners association has a first lien after the mortgage on the property.

Although homeowner association rights have been reduced here in Texas recently, due to evicting an 85 year old widow out of her house because she didnt pay her $150 dues, they still have alot of power.

Professional management companies are the worse. If you do something wrong they will hire an attorney to send you a letter telling you to cut your grass, and will include a $250 bill for sending you the letter. If you dont immediately pay the bill, they will sue you for payment and hold their lien over your head to get you to pay, and now the bill is $1500 cause they had to sue you.

I'm sure this is what has happened to this guy.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #24
F250
Regular User

Nowhere in the article does it state that the Home Owner's Association just passed a rule disallowing common pickup trucks.

While I think the rule may be stupid, it is not as stupid as Mr. Greenwood. As part of the process of buying his home, Greenwood had the opportunity to read the covenants, codesand restrictions as well as any and all HOA regulations.

The regulation was there before he completed the sale. 99.99% of all residential real estate contracts contain inspection clauses allowing a buyer to back out if the condition of the property, CC&Rs,ttitle, HOA regulation, etc., etc. are not what they were presented as.

Greenwood is an idiot for not reading the HOA rules. He's a bigger idiot for signing off on his inspection clauses without reading them. If his contractdidn't give him the opportinity to examine and approve the HOA regs, he is an ass for signing it.

That said, he should examine the HOA regulations in detail. I am sure there are plenty of non-regulated acvtivities he could engage in to piss off the assoiciation.

I'm thinking a back-yard party for up and comming gansta rappers and gang members as a start.
F250 is offline   Reply With Quote