Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 01-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
5.7 V10
Regular User

Default A quick question..

I've owned GT4 for about two weeks and i've noticed the bhp figures are different when you're looking at the whole garage compared to when you directly click a car.

For example. My Zonda shows 1029bhp, but when i'm in a race it shows 970. Another thing that's bothering me is i'm losing bhp; i started with 1033; then i did the 90 lap endurance Laguna Seca race and dropped to 980. Then with an oil change and a car wash it went back up to 1033; now i notice it dropping by small numbers.

Is this normal or is my game defect????

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
oscargarza88
Regular User

its normal, as the oil gets old it looses bhp...
thats why before an important race change the oil so u have best performance for that race...
thats what i know at least...
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by oscargarza88
its normal, as the oil gets old it looses bhp...
thats why before an important race change the oil so u have best performance for that race...
thats what i know at least...
For sure; but ever after that huge endurance race and very regular oil change i'm losing bhp. I wash and oil it after every three races now.

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:12 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

it usually takes about 8 or 9 laps of NS to feel the difference significantly between 'new' and 'old' oil..... thats why my hot laps of NS are only 8-9 laps at a time

oh, and definately change your oil after any enduro race.

finally... about loosing bhp from the garage ----> race configurations... its my guess that the garage numbers are what it 'ought' to be... but the 'pre-race' numbers are what the game programers think they would be.... sometimes more, sometimes less... the more you play the game, you'll notices this