Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-08-2004, 04:58 AM   #16
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
you lier ... ppl he got hit by a car thats y he didnt come online (see his sig)...

wb
You got me you bastard :x

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:01 AM   #17
saadie
Regular User

Old 12-08-2004, 08:00 AM   #18
ARMAN
Regular User

welcome back

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:12 PM   #19
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by komotar
Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Originally Posted by Vansquish
Glad to see you back man, and glad to hear you managed to get your comp up and running again. I'm the one in my apt. that goes around yelling at people to get offline. It's dangerous for the computer and for them. If an electrical line gets hit by lightning then it'll get conducted right through the keyboard to you if you're unlucky.
That would be the worst of luck if you should get electrocuted via your keyboard. The computer case is grounded, or at least should be, and if you're not sticking your toes to the radiator and picking a copper wire from the keyboard, it's almost impossible to get a shock from the computer. I say almost, because if the lightning hits your house directly, anything can happen.

Power lines coming to the house should be underground.

And Komotar, nice to have you back. Did the insurance cover you computer?
No insurance.

But it wasn't half as bad as I expected. I got it fixed for free.Thank god for buddys who work in comp stores, huh....
The important part of your statement is that the computer case "should be" grounded. See...that's a problem here, as none of the outlets in our apartment are 3-prong ones, so we have no true grounding. Even with little 2-prong adaptors that you screw into the plug to "ground", we don't have grounded cords (we can tell b/c our powerstrips give the "ungrounded" warning light). Not only that, but most of Michigan seems to have above-ground powerlines, so when a storm hits, we're really SOL most of the time hehe.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote