Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-07-2006, 04:26 PM   #31
nthfinity
Regular User

it was pretty boaring until the pits IMO... but the camera work, and directors did a superb job following where the action was... possibly the best all year so far

it was great to hear the TV crew all being so suprized at the extra laps MS ran after Alonso pitted. classic! and 2 seconds faster in his out-lap :shock: that is MS in true form!

somebody on tv mentioned the Renault is the best chassis... but still, the Ferrari had the fastest lap of the race nearly a 1:31 on old tires! that slow down was a little strange, but definatley good to see that was temporary... perhaps a mental game against Alanso.

on the podium, i could hardly believe how pissed Alonso looked, and it was Massa had quite some excitement too.

did anybody else notice when the chief race engineer(?) for Ferrari went to step on the top of the podium, Alonso was there, and shued him away? he really seemed like a sore loser... and i think worried Michael will take Spain too, especially on a new engine! Kudos Ferrari!

on a side note, it was good to see Kimi near podium possition setting qutie a few fast laps to get up there... its disappointing to see that it slowed down when low on fuel... mabey it was traffic.
Yeah, I agree... it reminds me of the 2004 season where MS won about 3x as many races than anyone else, yet because of the slow start to his season, he barely nudged out Kimmi in the last race...
um... last time i checked, Shumi won 2004 by leaps and bounts in both points, and wins by 63 pts. over Jenson; and 34 pts. over Rubens...
http://www.formula1.com/archive/driver/2004.html

you must be thinking of 2003
http://www.formula1.com/archive/driver/2003.html
Old 05-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #32
bmagni
Regular User

great race, the succesion of Schumi's fastest laps was impressive...
Alonso's face at the podium was priceless, hahaha

Massa finally to the podium, and he did and nice race...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #33
ZfrkS62
Regular User

:bad-words: My fucking DVR did it to me again!!!!! That's 2 races in a row i can't fucking watch :bad-words: Looks like the last 2 races i don't watch, Alonso doesn't win. Maybe i'm jinxing Ferrari

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #34
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
:bad-words: My fucking DVR did it to me again!!!!! That's 2 races in a row i can't fucking watch :bad-words: Looks like the last 2 races i don't watch, Alonso doesn't win. Maybe i'm jinxing Ferrari
maybe jinxing renault...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:24 AM   #35
RAMMIUS
Regular User

did anybody else notice when the chief race engineer(?) for Ferrari went to step on the top of the podium, Alonso was there, and shued him away?

I saw , but I want to beleive that Alonso didn`t pushed him away (although that was Ross Brawn - and thx to him Schumi won the race )

Maybe Alonso congratulated him by putting his hand on Brawn`s chest
Old 05-08-2006, 07:02 AM   #36
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
i

Yeah, I agree... it reminds me of the 2004 season where MS won about 3x as many races than anyone else, yet because of the slow start to his season, he barely nudged out Kimmi in the last race...
um... last time i checked, Shumi won 2004 by leaps and bounts in both points, and wins by 63 pts. over Jenson; and 34 pts. over Rubens...
http://www.formula1.com/archive/driver/2004.html

you must be thinking of 2003
http://www.formula1.com/archive/driver/2003.html
Yeah, 2003, my bad ops:
Old 05-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #37
Max Power

Originally Posted by Ronin005
umm only 2 pages of posts yet?? are people that mad the Schumi won once again that they arent even going to post??

seems like all the other race threads have 3 plus pages!!
nah, aparnetly...all the Die Alonso, etc, etc...has upset some of the posters...hence they chose not to participate in the Alonso bashing
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #38
saadie
Regular User

haha ... .
ronin .... why do you hate alonso so much ?
Old 05-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #39
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
did anybody else notice when the chief race engineer(?) for Ferrari went to step on the top of the podium, Alonso was there, and shued him away?

I saw , but I want to beleive that Alonso didn`t pushed him away (although that was Ross Brawn - and thx to him Schumi won the race )

Maybe Alonso congratulated him by putting his hand on Brawn`s chest
it didn't look like a 'congratulations' to me... more like he "deserved podium" and he was definately telling brawn to move asside. true colors of the races 1rst loser

last year was a humbling experience for Michael; where he quite appreciates even podiums... let alone 1rst... he seems different then in 2004.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #40
Max Power

"if you haven't crashed, they you haven't pushed it to the limit"
its...if you're in control than you're just not going fast enough ...

I think
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #41
saadie
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
cause hes a no good for nothing driver, who wasn't able to admit he had a lucky season last year, yet when he lost his first race last year, he attributed that to bad luck and the other teams having good luck. so, in his mind, when he won it was cause he was just better but when the others won it was cause he had bad luck and they had good luck. this coming from a guy who i believe he even said he didn't believe in luck last year.
you are taking too many assumptions
just think of it as a lucky draw and let it all go .... ....
Old 05-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #42
saadie
Regular User

it dosnt matter what he says or what he thinks ...... the only thing you should really believe is what you see ... he beat em all and thats that ...
im not a big fan of his anyway but he performed good last year . .and he deserved it ...
Old 05-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #43
nthfinity
Regular User

I'll say this about Alonso

He is definately spoiled.
He is definately fast... just look at the times comparison between him and Fisi... and also against Truli in the past.
He isn't a good sport
But he is calm on the track

He is no Senna, Fitipaldi, Mansel, Schumacher, Prost, Haikonnen, Raikonnen, Schekter, Stuart, Andtretti, Lauda, Bellof, Ickx, Brabham, Ascari, etc.

but he is an extraordinary driver... but pushing the limit of the car doesn't seem to be what he does.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:10 AM   #44
saadie
Regular User

lol ....
ronin .... the things that you hate about alonso took him to the top .... you are just haunting yourself

and imo both the cars have same specs .. there is NO better car .... the real difference comes in the settings ... every driver likes it his way .... and well .. alonso is just very good at it ....
Old 05-09-2006, 11:34 AM   #45
dannyroz
Regular User

When Alonso did push the car, he gets huge understeer like in Imola...but that could have just been from following Schumi too close and losing downforce on his wing.

But yea, Alonso is an A-hole like Ronin said...flip flopper

Ferrari is finally back on track, Imola is not a fluke and its 2k4 all over again. The way I like it