Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 02-10-2005, 03:42 PM   #1
|Nuno|
Regular User

Default "Stop whinging"

Mosley - Stop whinging and challenge Ferrari

Max Mosley has called on Formula One teams to stop "whinging" and up their game if they are to topple Ferrari.

The Italian team have won the drivers' and constructors' championship double for the last five years thanks to Michael Schumacher's dominance, prompting some to call for new rules to slow them down.

But Mosley, president of world governing body the FIA, insists it is down to the rival teams to stop the Ferrari steamroller.

He said: "I wouldn't say Ferrari are killing the sport. What I would say is that Williams, McLaren, Renault and BAR are killing the sport because they are doing a rubbish job. It's not down to Ferrari to lose.

"What's worse is that they say we are helping Ferrari - if I could slow down Ferrari, and in particular Michael, I would.

"It's up to the engineers in the other teams to catch Ferrari.

"Instead of whinging about Ferrari's success, all they have to do is design a quick car and put a fast driver in it and all this nonsense will stop."

Mosley believes rival teams are hiding behind excuses after seasons of under-achievement.

Ferrari are widely believed to have the biggest budget in Formula One, but Mosley claims that is not actually the case.

He believes the budgets of McLaren or Williams added to the cash spent by respective engine suppliers Mercedes and BMW, easily outweigh the resources at Ferrari's disposal.

"One of the great fallacies in Formula One is that Ferrari have more money," he said.

"They have more sponsors but they have to pay for their own engines. Mercedes and BMW offer these for nothing.

"You go to BMW and the facilities are just awesome - Ferrari is like a cottage industry.

"I am sure the total budget, certainly of McLaren and Williams and I suspect BAR and Renault, is greater than Ferrari's to get two cars on the grid.

"You could put [Ferrari sporting director] Jean Todt in any of the top five teams the last few years and he would have done the same job."

Mosley concedes even with a raft of new rules for 2005, Formula One fans can still expect to see Schumacher and Ferrari among the winners.

However, he does not expect a repeat of Schumacher's runaway success last year and tipped two of the sport's young guns to spring a surprise.

"A bookmaker would say Schumacher [for the title] on past form," he said.

"I think Jenson Button is a very strong possibility and I think Fernando Alonso is also a very strong possibility.

"I would be very surprised if Michael won the first six races because the other teams know what they have to do."
Old 02-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I think the only way to cause Ferrari to start losing is to force them to run the F2003-GA for the next 3 seasons

Seriously though, it's about time someone told these whiny little bastards to STFU. I mean, the guys making these complaints are millionaires, yet they piss and moan about stupid shit. I'm sure Mosely is sick of seeing reports on his desk with Stodarts name on them.

There's one way the bosses can help their teams..quit wasting time finding ways to DQ Ferrari, and focus that time to outrunning the Tifosi!! :fist:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
Regular User

how can they catch up when Ferrari has got all the best engineers?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by 23790554
Please..that is just an unfair statement without prove.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:02 PM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

The hell they do. If that was true, then why did BMW have the highest output from the P85 than what Ferrari had from their engine? and yet Honda was right behind them. hmm..yeah..Ferrari has the best engineers :roll:

What they have, is the best drivers. both race and test. they have the best managed budget, not the biggest, but the best managed.

They are a smaller operation, but that's been shown to actually be an advantage since you aren't relying on 10 other people to finish putting that cylinder head together and give it to you so you can mount it on the block. Instead, you put the head together, you mount it on the block. Much more efficient.

Ferrari is just faster. Plain and simple. You want to stop them? find a way to lure Barrichello over to Williams or McLaren. I'd like to see him finally open a can of whoop ass on Schumi anyway

Old 02-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
The hell they do. If that was true, then why did BMW have the highest output from the P85 than what Ferrari had from their engine? and yet Honda was right behind them. hmm..yeah..Ferrari has the best engineers :roll:

What they have, is the best drivers. both race and test. they have the best managed budget, not the biggest, but the best managed.

They are a smaller operation, but that's been shown to actually be an advantage since you aren't relying on 10 other people to finish putting that cylinder head together and give it to you so you can mount it on the block. Instead, you put the head together, you mount it on the block. Much more efficient.

Ferrari is just faster. Plain and simple. You want to stop them? find a way to lure Barrichello over to Williams or McLaren. I'd like to see him finally open a can of whoop ass on Schumi anyway
actually dude, im going to have to go with the other guy on this. just cause other teams are extracting more HP doesnt mean that they have better engineers. if they were extracting more power and had reliable engines, then and only then would i say they have better engineers.

so when you look at it, maybe Ferrari's arent technically the "best" in the bussiness. but they sure seem to do the best job and that there is why they can be claimed at being the best in the bussiness.

heres a prime example, and im in no way a football fan (i detest the american sports just as i detest american cars). the new england patriots, alot of people will say that they arent the best team in the league, but some how they managed to win 3 super bowls in 4 years. and only 2 teams have been able to do that and they are one of them. so its not who you are, but what you can do with what you have.

so after all that, yeah Ferrari has the best.
and herein lies where you prove my point:
so when you look at it, maybe Ferrari's arent technically the "best" in the bussiness. but they sure seem to do the best job and that there is why they can be claimed at being the best in the bussiness.
It took the entire team, from Factory to Track Crew to get Ferrari back on top. The engineers don't have to be the bestTake the Ferrari engineers and team them up with Zsolt Baumgartner, in doing that do you suddenly launch Zsolt to the front of the grid? I think not As you said about the Patriots (BURN IN HELL!!), it's what you can do with what you have

Anyhoo, points be thrown across the board, all that matters is the FIA finally put the blame where ti belongs: the other teams.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:37 AM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Patriots (BURN IN HELL!!)
LMAO, did you loose some cash?
No. I always root for the underdog Which is why i am a 49er fan