Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 06-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #31
dingo
Regular User

Yet another interesting race, this season has definately been the best one for quite some time IMO.

Some real hard luck stories in this race, it would have been nice for JPM to finally get another win and poor Fisi can't catch a break. The good thing to come out of it was the Ferrari's finally scoring well and Webber getting another top 5 finish after a shit qualifying and race start.

It was a good result in terms of the championship, lets hope for a similar scenario in Indy so we have a real battle till the end.

Originally Posted by Ronin005
ahhhhhhhhhh, Ferrari didnt get a 1,2 but a 2,3 with Kimi in front is ok in my books, though i dont like Kimi im hoping he wins over Alonso thats all, which reminds me, what really made my day was the Alonso and Fisi not finishing so beautiful.
Do you actually like any of the drivers? :roll:

Originally Posted by sikx5
Oh man i missed this gp...i tried my best to stay up, but 2:45AM i was stuffed after working on cars all day, i went to bed 5mins after the race started...Good thing you guys post up decent reviews!
VCR's are pretty cheap these days mate.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:34 AM   #32
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i can't believe the action late in the race. Montoya got royally screwed by the safety car. All of them should have known that the pit exit was closed when the pack was coming by. So really the blame for that fuck up goes to everyone in teh McLaren camp.

And what of this hostile relationship between BMW and Williams now? It was said that these two are at each other's throats over what has happened the last two years :shock: I've always thought it was Williams slowing down BMW, but this year the P85 has been showing some weaknesses as well. I hope they can get it straightened out soon, though it would be nice to see BMW stretch out on their own 8)

At the end of the race they said that Kimi was the driver of the day, but i really have to say bullshit to that. Rubens is the one that came from pitlane to 2nd. talk about a damn fight granted, dispatching Minardis and Jordans is no difficult task, but higher up the field, i just have to say well done Barrichello

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:43 AM   #33
irrational_i
Regular User

A good race indeed. But I can't remember when I last saw so many stupid errors. Alonso hit the wall where I can't remember ever seeing anyone else do that. Button was just over eager. Maybe some pressure. Montoya was just too upset.

In the end the Ferraris where a bit lucky, but then again they also kept their cool.

It was funny how the ITV commentators kept going on about "Button racing Trulli", blissfully ignoring the fact that MS was bearing down on him fast. :roll:

But a good win for Kimi overall. I am a Ferrari fan, but I have been enjoying the good racing recently.

Can't wait for Indy...
irrational_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 12:35 PM   #34
Vansquish
Regular User

That was a damned good race. As for the stupid errors, yeah, they were there, but all that means is that Alonso, Button etc... were really on the limit through that chicane. The wall there has claimed a lot of racecars over the years and that's part of why the track is so good. If the racing keeps up like this, despite the rate of attrition, we're in for an excellent, though long, season.

I'm going to the US GP next week with some friends, so hopefully we'll have some good pictures and a good race to watch. Cheers!

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 01:06 PM   #35
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Some real hard luck stories in this race, it would have been nice for JPM to finally get another win and poor Fisi can't catch a break. The good thing to come out of it was the Ferrari's finally scoring well and Webber getting another top 5 finish after a shit qualifying and race start.
Webber tries abit too hard I think, he over done it a few times at the hairpin corner. But I would put some of the responsibility to the car itself.

As for the race, I agree that it is one of the best in this season, but the result again is heavily luck biased. If Alonso, Button didn't crash into the wall, u will see the Ferrari no where in sight and Kimi's Mclaren is wayyy off Renault's pace.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:30 PM   #36
|Nuno|
Regular User

Check out Flavio's comments towards Fisico at the end of the race:

Originally Posted by Autosport-Atlas
frustration by tossing his gloves to the floor after getting out of his car.

Briatore seemed unimpressed with the Italian's behaviour.

"We pay [Fisichella] to race, not to get ****ed off. If he doesn't like it he can change teams," Briatore was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.
It couldn't get any more explicit than that, if you ask me. And I don't think it was Fisico who threw the gloves, it was one of the mechanics.

"We pay [Fisichella] to race, not to get ****ed off."

Well, kinda hard when his car is always breaking down... :roll:

This reminds me of Truli, last year... Too much favouritism and theater going on at Renault.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #37
phantomfocus
Regular User

I was severly aggraveted when this grand prix came to a close. Besides the fact that I do like JPM, that whole safety car pitstop debacle is a huge load of crap. If they say the red light was on then fine, but Montoya never should have been placed in that situation. Having only one pitcrew for two teams really ends up screwing one driver or the other under the safety car. Some kind of rule should be made to prevent these sort of senarios. I don't care wether it was JPM or a Minardi, if you are leading a gp when the safty car comes out you should have one of the best if not the best position in the field. Instead it turns out to be one of the most vulnerable spots. The only easy fix I see for this sort of situation is to not allow pitstops under safety car conditions. I will admit that if Montoya did not obide by the red light then he HAS broken a rule. But why should the penalty be a DNF :shock: Drivers get pulled in for a stop and go for rough driving which may have caused damage or even put someone in danger. But in this case it's a freaking red light! I would have understood a lesser penalty, but in this case I don't understand.

On a happier note the championship is tightening up which is fantastic. I just wish Kimi's tire wouldn't have blown at the ring
phantomfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:01 PM   #38
Toronto
Regular User

^^^ your right, you run a red light on the street it isn't that big a deal, just a slap on the wrist :roll:
Old 06-13-2005, 09:38 PM   #39
novass
Regular User

^^ agreed, and I am not a huge fan of Montoya, but I would like to see some actual racing and not just bureaucratic bullshit all of the time. I am glad Ferrari got some points this time around tho.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:34 AM   #40
kksh
Regular User

the whole safety car thing is getting out of hand. There was no need for a safety car for Button's accident. And how do they decide who the leader is when the safety car comes out. Who's the leader he's suppose to collect? And how come RS was right behind the safety car instead of Kimi when JPM pitted.

I agree with all of you on McLaren fucking this one up. But still it should never have come this far at the first place.

Goddamnit...
An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars, megapixel cellphones and clothes.
Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We're the middle children of history, man...
No purpose or place.
We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars.
But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact.
And we're very, very pissed off
kksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:07 AM   #41
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
to be honest i dont really hate any of the other drivers, i simply want MS and Ferrari to win. now what has driven me to wanting Alonso to lose is how cocky he and Renault have gotten since the beginning of the season, they act like thier winning has everything to do with only the team and that the new rules in some way havent helped them and the other teams. its pretty funny actually yet so sad.

simply put i dont like the attitude that they have and i dont think they deserve to win just yet.
+1 ..... Renault and Alonso is down right cocky, so is Michelin

(but Michelin is cocky even when they are losing so.....I guess I have less of a problem with them )